MNF - Everton v Arsenal

He will be gutted - another goal chopped off. That one looked wrong though. They kept focussing on the feet. The Arsenal players hand was much further out than his foot. Thought they went on any part of the body for VAR?

He will be gutted - another goal chopped off. That one looked wrong though. They kept focussing on the feet. The Arsenal players hand was much further out than his foot. Thought they went on any part of the body for VAR?
They don't use any part of the arm from the shoulder down

I don’t think the VAR we will get up here will be as bad as the English version. Ours will be the cheaper ( and in my opinion better ) version we see in the Europa league. That goal would have stood as they don’t use the laser beam lines

And that cheating fkpig got away with murder against Hearts recently.

Somebody do him on the pitch please.

Offside only applies to parts of your body you can play the ball with.

Reactions: Moz
I might be wrong here but I thought during the Euros this summer, the use of VAR was being praised and it was hoped the EPL would adopt the same strategy for this season.

- offside calls wouldn't come down to matters of millimetres and hurriedly drawn lines on a screen

I might be wrong here but I thought during the Euros this summer, the use of VAR was being praised and it was hoped the EPL would adopt the same strategy for this season.

- offside calls wouldn't come down to matters of millimetres and hurriedly drawn lines on a screen
The Euros proved VAR isn't the problem, it's the way the EPL implement it that is. It works well in other European leagues as well.

They always slag Scottish fitba but this game has been pony, severely lacking in any real quality

I don’t think the VAR we will get up here will be as bad as the English version. Ours will be the cheaper ( and in my opinion better ) version we see in the Europa league. That goal would have stood as they don’t use the laser beam lines

It will depending who is assessing and making the decision and who it's for and/or against.

What a truly awful game of football this is

Carragher and Neville are going to have their work cut out taking about VAR for a fkn hour

I don’t mind Everton but down there they look a club stuck somewhere in the late 90s it’s as if they haven’t moved on with the riches and progression of most other big English clubs. Maybe the move to a new stadium will te invigorate then they just look stale and tired

Back