Mo Ross back at Ibrox

He played really well when he came into the team, was one of our best players in the Lovenkrands final, then it all seemed to go to pot for him.
At one point he looked as if he'd be ours and Scotland's right back for years.

Good luck to him in his career. Think his career with us is often forgotten considering he:

Played 78 games
Won 2 leagues
Won 2 League Cups
Won 2 Scottish Cups
Played for Scotland 13 times.
He is the reason I have no issue with the likes of sale of Patterson if the money is right. He was excellent his first couple of years. I remember watching him not just for us but for Scotland against Germany he looked like he was going to be ours and Scotland right back for years. It's just so happened rather than it being staggered all his success came at the start. But he steadily declined. You just never know how it's going to turn out for someone. But still a good Rangers career. I wish more in our current squad had his trophy haul.

Good luck to him in his career. Think his career with us is often forgotten considering he:

Played 78 games
Won 2 leagues
Won 2 League Cups
Won 2 Scottish Cups

Actually that's league games only. He played 108 competitive games for us.

Good man and clearly still a supporter. Can’t recall him saying anything negative about our club or individual players (unlike some media arse lickers as Bob Malcolm would say).

I was out for my birthday recently with my daughter and met up with a few friends later.
The Davie Cooper Cup Final was brought up in the conversation by one of my friends who remembered me saying when Maurice Ross received the ball early on...I remarked 'oh fk it's Maurice Ross'.. you know what happened next!
I still deservedly get pelters for that remark :p

Crazy to think when he won his 13th cap Barry Ferguson was on 12. Mo never believed he was good enough, which is a shame as he was excellent when he came through.

He was outstanding in the 2002 Scottish Cup final.

Honestly thought we had found our right back for the next decade.

He looked a great prospect when he came though - a shame that for a variety of reason he never kicked on.

We rightly bemoan our record in youth development but over the period from 2000-2006 that was two right backs who came through and made a reasonable impact in the first team. Unfortunately neither had the lasting career at Ibrox.

True story, back in the Murty days, think it was the night before murtys handstand at Dens, we were on a xmas works night out in Dundee. In Ticketyboos m8 asks me, who's that guy standing at the bar. Feck knows I reply but he persists.

He's sure it's an ex-Ranger but can't think of his name. I have a bit of a longer look this time and say, nah, think you're maybe thinking it's Maurice Ross cos looks a bit like him.

That's him, says he to which I scoff, nah, don't be daft, it's no Mo Ross. I'm going to ask him says he, he's that sure. I tell him he's away to make an arse of himself and say, what would he be doing in Dundee as I thought he was managing in Norway.

Turns out it was Maurice, he'd left his post in Norway, and he was only too obliging to pose for a pic with my mate and I.

Played 78 games
Won 2 leagues
Won 2 League Cups
Won 2 Scottish Cups
Bang on GF. Not a bad record at all and he was a good dependable player.

I listened to an interview with Mo by Si Ferry and he was very modest - didn't rate himself and never really enjoyed being a footballer.

Way too harsh on his abilities and achievements.

I listened to an interview with Mo by Si Ferry and he was very modest - didn't rate himself and never really enjoyed being a footballer.

Way too harsh on his abilities and achievements.
I've listened to a few podcasts he's been on. Definitely an interesting listen and I do think that we could be a successful coach. Seems to say a few controversial things every now and again though.

Saw him play for Livingston and he was head and shoulders above anyone in on the park.

He lived the dream and had a successful time at Rangers.

He's not your typical footballer, is he?
Must have been a bit difficult in that dressing room with plenty strong personalities. I always liked Mo and he's never hid his support for Rangers. He lived the dream and has plenty to be proud of about his time wearing a royal blue shirt.

Back