Mohammed Salah - PFA Player of the Year

KDB says he voted for Salah, so thats good enough for me.

Still be the only thing Liverpool will win though this year ;)

Salah has been brilliant. Well deserved. Couldn't have argued if KdB had won it - perhaps more consistent over the whole season. Salah certainly lit up the league from first quarter onwards.

DeBruyne for me.

Awards are pretty much top scorer awards now.
If Salah ends top scorer, it will only be the third top scorer to have won since 2004.

Salah is deservedly the winner.

31 goals and 9 assists in the league. Pivotal in the CL games v city. 2 goals and an assist v nothing really.

Compared to 8 goals and 15 assists for de Bruyne.

Really only one winner.

Salah and Kevin de bruyne have had excellent seasons

Think salah has edged it over the last 6 weeks or so when the voting was open

Surprised Gary Coleman at Chelsea didn't get it for a third year running...

Realistically there was only one winner, he's single handedly carried Liverpool to where they are.

Now a serious injury to him at any stage and Liverpool are done for.

If Salah ends top scorer, it will only be the third top scorer to have won since 2004.

Salah is deservedly the winner.

31 goals and 9 assists in the league. Pivotal in the CL games v city. 2 goals and an assist v nothing really.

Compared to 8 goals and 15 assists for de Bruyne.

Really only one winner.

I did actually check after I wrote it and you are right. There isn't as many goalscorers won it as I thought.

But you did then go on to use goals to back it up ha.

Surprised Gary Coleman at Chelsea didn't get it for a third year running...

Realistically there was only one winner, he's single handedly carried Liverpool to where they are.

Now a serious injury to him at any stage and Liverpool are done for.

128gkv.jpg

Don't think they could have given it to anyone else without people going mad and rightly so. His performances and stats are unreal

Brilliant player.

David Silva has had some season right enough. I don't think he has won this award yet, which is a travesty. Probably the most consistent EPL player over his 8 years at City.

Been some really good performances this season in the EPL. Salah I think does deserve it, he's been excellent for Liverpool. Kevin De Bruyne was very close though - pitched in with some very good goals and his assists have been absolutely superb.

I think Salah has deserved it.

As breathtaking as some of De Bruyne’s play and passing has been, Salah’s goal return was always going to see it in his favour.

Whilst I don’t agree that it’s just a top scorer award, I can see the argument.
But, if Salah was top scorer with say 2o goals as a striker, then he’s not getting it. It’s the fact that he’s a winger, and has scored 40 odd goals. That goal tally is outrageous for a winger, and he deserves it for that!

Probably deserved, scored around 40 goals this season.

I think De Bruyne's performances have dropped a little bit compared to what he was like a few months ago, not that he's bad or anything, just not playing as well as he was.

KdB for me. Some of his vision and passing was majestic but Salah right up beside on the
him by putting the ball where it matters

I would have given it to De Bruyne just because he was Man City's best player and they romped the league. However Salah was right up there as well and his goals and assists tally make it hard to argue against him winning.

De Bruyne is the best passer of the ball in the game though it would probably be very churlish of me to deny Liverpool some scant consolation this season.

No problem with it
Why can’t they wait til end of season though. When were the votes done?

KDB has been absolutely majestic this season. I don't think I've seen a classier midfielder since Zidane. His passing is insane and he's scored some amazing goals too.

But Salah's been so consistent. It definitely turned into a toss of the coin for the winner.

I liked him at Fiorentina and Roma but I would never have guessed in a million years he'd have a season like this.

I liked him at Fiorentina and Roma but I would never have guessed in a million years he'd have a season like this.
Klopp certainly has to take a good chunk of credit. The improvement of not only Salah but you look at Coutinho, Mané, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Robertson. Hopefully Salah stays at Liverpool for years to come. Klopp too!

Klopp certainly has to take a good chunk of credit. The improvement of not only Salah but you look at Coutinho, Mané, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Robertson. Hopefully Salah stays at Liverpool for years to come. Klopp too!
If I had to pick an English team then it would be Arsenal and the Ox used to frustrate the f.uck out of me. I'm glad he's doing well even if it has to be at Liverpool :p.

Robertson could captain Scotland for years, a genuinely top class player. If McCrorie develops how we hope he does than that's half a cracking defence there, just need to sort the rest!

Back