Monaco and thierry henry

Pablo Escobar

Goal down at home and man sent off there going down shite team no fans and Henry is hopeless as a manager. Thoughts?

Harder task keeping that team up than it is to be PM negotiating Brexit.
Was always on a hiding to nothing.

Another example of great player, decent pundit who can talk the talk but cant walk the walk when it comes to managing a team.

We are lucky we have a world class player who actually has something about him in the management field as well it seems. They are few and far between.

Monaco were struggling badly when he took over. No idea if there are issues behind the scenes or what the problem is.

It'd be mad if they got relegated.

Never ever came across as a decent pundit, got a gig because he was Thierry Henry but was a bit clueless when talking about the game most of the time

Never going to be a good manager

I think Monaco have to give him until this time next season. It’s a one team league but he needs the opportunity to build something of his own.

Another example of great player, decent pundit who can talk the talk but cant walk the walk when it comes to managing a team.

We are lucky we have a world class player who actually has something about him in the management field as well it seems. They are few and far between.

Not sure it's entirely Henry's fault TBH, I went to bet on them a few weeks ago and checked the lineups - they were missing 14 or 15 players through injury and were playing a couple of 17 year old kids who were out of their depth, which wasn't their fault of course. I think any team would struggle with that many injuries.

Tuned into one game on BT as well and the commentator mentioned they keep selling their best players ever summer and hope the academy kids can replace this, obviously that hasn't happened this season and it's come back to bite them.

His whole game was based on being more athletic than anyone else. There is no surprise he offers nothing to Monaco

Never fails to amaze me how folk on here can make judgements on players and managers after a few months. Really wasted on this forum with that kind of talent to judge things as quickly.

May well turn out that he is a poor manager, but surely too early to say. Monaco were hopeless before he took over as well.

Apart from it being in his home country, it’s a bit similar to Neville at Valencia. Written off after not getting great results with a team that was sh*t before and after he was there. That means people write his entire career off!

Not sure it's entirely Henry's fault TBH, I went to bet on them a few weeks ago and checked the lineups - they were missing 14 or 15 players through injury and were playing a couple of 17 year old kids who were out of their depth, which wasn't their fault of course. I think any team would struggle with that many injuries.

Tuned into one game on BT as well and the commentator mentioned they keep selling their best players ever summer and hope the academy kids can replace this, obviously that hasn't happened this season and it's come back to bite them.

They were overachieving with Arab money then seemed to just sell sell sell. Just signed fabregas and another few but as above they’ve had an unusually high amount of injuries- almost as though pumping birds in tax free Monaco earning 80k a week wasn’t fun

He inherited an absolute car crash. A squad with so many first team players injured and morale already low because they're playing poorly at the bottom of the league. Curious to see how guys like Fabregas will change that but i think it's incredibly harsh to judge him as a manager when he took over the club in the situation they were in mid season

You'd think if the owners are going to back him they'd be spending a fair bit in January, especially if they have so many injuries.

BTW is it still the same owner from when they were spending mega millions on the likes of James Rodriguez & Falcao etc?

Monaco are in the same boat as Southampton.

Both clubs brought through and bought a high number of good young players and sold for profit, unfortunately the cycle has ended and there both left the duds and those who never reach their potential.

Southampton at least have got a great manager in and the owners have tried to reshape the whole management side. Moanco’s owner has now stopped funded the club and wants out and left them to fend for themselves.

His whole game... Was it aye??

I must have only imagined the back heel goal, volleys into the top corner etc etc:confused:

You read some amount of pish on here!!
Was a sensational player and I'm glad I'm not the only one on here that can see that. I didn't think he would succeed in management but it's too difficult to judge him with the shambles of a club he's managing.

Excellent player

Unconvincing pundit and a real lack of personality or presence considering how good he was

Can’t imagine his his team talks do much to get a dressing room going

As an aside I think it’s far fetched to call Monaco a shit show etc - thousands of managers would rip their arms off for that job and do it better.

Monaco are a pretend football team. The locals couldn't care less about them and successive owners have used them as a play thing, aided by the principality's tax laws.

%^*& Monaco.

They were overachieving with Arab money then seemed to just sell sell sell. Just signed fabregas and another few but as above they’ve had an unusually high amount of injuries- almost as though pumping birds in tax free Monaco earning 80k a week wasn’t fun

The owners are russian psg is arab appears the russian billionaires daughter is running the club

He was a terrible pundit so it’s no surprise that he’s struggling in management.

He was only paid by Sky because of his name, he added no insight to the games he was covering.

Couldn’t give a fuc* about Henry and care less so about Monaco but VAR ruined that game. Got Naldo sent off for absolutely nothing. Same thing happened last week in the Marseille game when Marseille had a good goal chopped off. Don’t really think the folk running the Ligue 1 var have a clue.

Back