Monday blues

Recoba

Official Ticketer
Really struggling with this today after yesterday.

Compared to last week where I was buzzing after the weekend's results, its all part and parcel of being a Rangers supporter but yesterday is proving quite a hard one to take beCause we had been playing so well and scoring for fun.

I know we are on the right track with Gerrard and this is a process that can’t all be fixed in one season, its just a real kick in the nuts !

I could accept it more midway through a season knowing we had results away from home but because it has come on the back of the previous away fixtures it feels much worse

Last edited:
I found yesterday after the game harder. I was working so didn’t see much of the game but the little I saw, well we all know how it was.

I really felt it was an opportunity missed yesterday and it’s like just as we feel we are getting better and hope is turning into reality we go and ruin it.

I’m still encouraged by what I’m seeing and we will still put in at the very least a title challenge, I’m convinced by it, but the players and management do have to learn very very quickly.

I found yesterday after the game harder. I was working so didn’t see much of the game but the little I saw, well we all know how it was.

I really felt it was an opportunity missed yesterday and it’s like just as we feel we are getting better and hope is turning into reality we go and ruin it.

I’m still encouraged by what I’m seeing and we will still put in at the very least a title challenge, I’m convinced by it, but the players and management do have to learn very very quickly.
Yea I know we have improved aswell, regardless of what the results tell us we have seen with our own eyes what we have done against better teams in the europa etc, we all know the spl is unique and the manager is still learning as we go just now, we really have to go on a run !

We keep saying it but now is more important than ever to string 6 or 7 wins in a row together up until the next old firm at xmas.

I did have a bad feeling about the game after everyone in front of us had won on the Saturday.

I've learned to let the disappointment go a lot better after a bad result, we have so many more of them these days it's the only way to deal with it!

Yep yesterday was gash

Woke up this morning still raging and sorely disappointed and its so annoying but we cannot expect instant success. We need to earn it and its obvious we will have highs and lows throughout the season.

Team need to redeem themselves on Thursday in EL and hopefully the management team pick the winning team for next Sunday and I think this squad rotation must only be used in EL games

Keep a steady first 11 for SPL games and focus on gelling a winning team and settled formation and change when injuries or suspensions dictate

I'm putting it down to a bad day at the office, and hope we can turn it round next week, but it was a pathetic performance all round, and yes, I'm still pissed off.

A real sense of disappointment,anger & frustration from yesterday's game, we need a consistent run in the league which i hope starts sunday

I took it very badly yesterday. Was so confident of 3 points. Was utterly gutted a the result and performance. I was all meant to set up a great week - beat Rapid and claw Hearts back to within touching distance. So, not a great start - but we can and will recover.

Steven Gerrard MBE is our leader.

I still BELIEVE.

A shite weekend topped off by a shite performance/result yesterday.

I could honestly see the rest of this week far enough, due going back to bed already.

I think we need to give the players a break here. They witnessed one of their team mates suffer a horrific injury on a plastic pitch, then had to play on an even worse excuse for a football pitch. It couldn't have been easy for them and I'm sure it's just a blip. These cheap plastic pitches should not be used in top-level football, and they do have an adverse affect on how the game is played. Combine this with a referee who, we all know, would offer our players no protection, and you can understand the mindset of the players.

it's scunnering. I'm scunnered.
You bum these players up then they let you down.
Imagine going away to Hearts and Hibs and not turning up.

Away we were a disgrace against the scum, out played the 2nd half against Motherwell and to me Livi game yesterday was as bad as Celtic if not worse giving how poor they are in comparison to Celtic.

Honestly, any away game, televised the opposition are going to raise there game 10 fold, do we not get that. Goodness Airdrie would have bet us yesterday.

If we can beat Hearts on Sunday, they then have Aberdeen, Hibs and Celtic a their next 3 league games, they could come right back to the pack and the league could be very tight indeed.

Yesterday was the players last chance away from home, Gerrard will have gone through them after that even though he did say Motherwell should have been the wakeup call that will be the last he accepts a performance like that.

Last edited:
Unfortunately its not just yesterday but we also have two draws and a defeat to add to it. What gets me is the work rate of the teams we play is so much better that our work rate. We don't press the ball and our backs don't mark their wingers. We spend most of the game in our half of the field with meaningless passes.

However look at our results in Europe and we can see a vast improvement and we do have some quality players. SG is very much finding his way in Scottish football so I am happy to give us up to the end of this year providing we are still in touch with the top of the league.

To date we have both positive and negative feelings but the positive is in front and we should go on from strength to strength.

It's a bugger.

I'll feel different on Thursday I'm sure, but right now I'm not bothered about Rapid and just want us to win next Sunday - whilst, hopefully, some of the teams round about us feck up and drop something - so that the world feels a little better.

Unfortunately its not just yesterday but we also have two draws and a defeat to add to it. What gets me is the work rate of the teams we play is so much better that our work rate. We don't press the ball and our backs don't mark their wingers. We spend most of the game in our half of the field with meaningless passes.

However look at our results in Europe and we can see a vast improvement and we do have some quality players. SG is very much finding his way in Scottish football so I am happy to give us up to the end of this year providing we are still in touch with the top of the league.

To date we have both positive and negative feelings but the positive is in front and we should go on from strength to strength.
Perhaps games like yesterday are more designed for Halliday, McCrorie etc ?, yes they wont offer much going forward but they get about and get stuck in and its maybe players like that we need for certain games.

As disappointing as it was at the end of the day we are 2 points behind celtic with 2 out of the 3 old firm games left at Ibrox.

Its all to play for, every team has off days throughout the season.

I thought before the game that if we won it - because it was always going to be tougher than many appeared willing to acknowledge - it would be exactly the type of result that would signal us as being real contenders this season.

The disappointment in defeat is in accepting that we’re probably not as far on as we’d hoped, but it is important to recognise the progress being made.

We need to adopt a style which is ours in the spl. Never having to worry what other teams do. Let them worry about us. How can the team settle with consistency with the amount of rotation. Some of it forced but much of it isn't. Does SG see this as his plan or is he still experimenting

Lads I have been supporting us for nearly 60 years,I have seen great Rangers sides lose games like this,it happens.
It would be more worrying if we had a bad side who where not playing well and the result was not a shock,this new side have exceeded all expectations we are definitely heading in the right direction.
They will be other shocks this season like they also have been with good Rangers sides.

I took it very badly yesterday. Was so confident of 3 points. Was utterly gutted a the result and performance. I was all meant to set up a great week - beat Rapid and claw Hearts back to within touching distance. So, not a great start - but we can and will recover.

Steven Gerrard MBE is our leader.

I still BELIEVE.

Firmly in this boat.

Anyone on FF posting about Gerrard maybe not being here at Christmas - as has been done this morning - needs a permanent holiday.

It’s been a testing start with the European trips and what seems constant away games. Mistakes that have been made previously will not be made again, of that I am confident.

Yea I know we have improved aswell, regardless of what the results tell us we have seen with our own eyes what we have done against better teams in the europa etc, we all know the spl is unique and the manager is still learning as we go just now, we really have to go on a run !

We keep saying it but now is more important than ever to string 6 or 7 wins in a row together up until the next old firm at xmas.

100% agree mate. We need to be up there with them (hopefully ahead) by that time.

Firmly in this boat.

Anyone on FF posting about Gerrard maybe not being here at Christmas - as has been done this morning - needs a permanent holiday.

It’s been a testing start with the European trips and what seems constant away games. Mistakes that have been made previously will not be made again, of that I am confident.
Who said that ?:eek: must have been a tim !

Gerrard has what it takes and will learn from all of these results, so they dont happen too often in the future.

Really struggling with this today after yesterday.

Compared to last week where I was buzzing after the weekend's results, its all part and parcel of being a Rangers supporter but yesterday is proving quite a hard one to take beCause we had been playing so well and scoring for fun.

I hear what you're saying.

I try not to post in the immediate aftermath of a defeat,this is my first post since the game.

Yesterday was hugely disappointing on so many levels. I honestly couldn't give a single player pass marks. Right from the off we were way off the pace and could've been two down within the first 20mins. From looking so solid in almost every game so far, the back four were all over the place.Not sure resting Katic was the smart play.
Our midfield was laboured and we were toothless up front. Once again, playing Lafferty and Morelos cost us dear.

However, what are the odds on every single player having an off day?

We have to support the manager. We have improved. We will continue to improve.

The biggest issue with yesterday was that after 20/25 minutes, you knew a point was the most we’d get.

The complete capitulation when playing any team deemed to be “physical “ worries me greatly.

We appear very weak.

Yesterday was scunnerful, I was working overtime and it basically messed up my entire day's work.

BUT

We need to keep drilling it into ourselves – this was never going to be a flip-a-switch and it's all better path we're going down. Firstly, because we're coming from so far behind last season and secondly because we're somewhat buying into potential with Gerrard.

Even with an experienced, top of the range manager, it was still going to be a bumpy ride this year. You aren't instantly going to get consistency straight out of the gate with a new squad (from a solitary window) and a new manager, especially when we're trying to navigate European waters at the same time. He'll learn about himself and his squad over time. He'll learn what needs to be changed and what needs to be improved.

This season is all going to be highs and lows, the main thing is that the average trajectory is upwards.

Firmly in this boat.

Anyone who said that needs to be sectioned ! Unbelievable.

There will be ups and downs - but the ups will far outweigh the down this season.

We have the best manager/leader and backroom staff in the country. They are winners. They will make our team winners.

I had a bad feeling in the run up to this game.dont know what it is but it’s a long time since I seen a rangers team play well at Livingston

The biggest issue with yesterday was that after 20/25 minutes, you knew a point was the most we’d get.

Yea I had that feeling we were never going to score, what really annoyed me aswell was giving away stupid fouls when we are chasing the game, it does my head in.

Yep yesterday has been hard to shake off. It fertilized the worry seeds so to speak. I am also avoiding the papers due to the gloat fest. We had our turn last week but what a reversal of fortunes this week. It just casts the week in shade til the next game. Here's hoping for a Rapid recovery. ;)

Yeah woke up during the night and couldn't get the result and display out of my head.
Still say the park had a lot to do with it, also Livi played us very good,no messing with them they were at us like a pack of wolves from kick off to the final whistle and we couldn't cope with it..
I just hope we learn from it as most teams are going to play us that way?

I just can’t bear it. Fuucking shite. I don’t have to put with mentally challengeds (I just can’t), living in England. I’m not at work at the minute but had to challenge a post by a poet on Facebook who is complaining about a high tackle by the sheep on one of their players at the weekend. Posting shite that the ref gave a Rangers free kick for the incident?!

I’ve been though him harder than the parish priest, going to town about the Morelos incident and Stevie May’s assault. The clown is fucking deluded, genuinely blaming Dougie McDonald for the refs strike. I have set him straight.

Cuunts, one and all.

Anyone who said that needs to be sectioned ! Unbelievable.

There will be ups and downs - but the ups will far outweigh the down this season.

We have the best manager/leader and backroom staff in the country. They are winners. They will make our team winners.

I think a lot of problems that appear to rise from FF is the slightly immature boom and bust cycle of so many users.

A few good performances and we’re going to topple the papes, a loss and folk are hanging themselves.

I try to make a point of never being too sad or excited by anything, I still think we’ll run the papes close for second or even pip them.

I imagine if Steven Gerrard needs advice, his ‘circle’ now includes the likes of Walter Smith, Graeme Souness, Gary Mac and even Jurgen Klopp - he’ll be just fine.

I think a lot of problems that appear to rise from FF is the slightly immature boom and bust cycle of so many users.

A few good performances and we’re going to topple the papes, a loss and folk and hanging themselves.

I try to make a point of never being too sad or excited by anything, I still think we’ll run the papes close for second or even pip them.

I imagine if Steven Gerrard needs advice, his ‘circle’ now includes the likes of Walter Smith, Graeme Souness, Gary Mac and even Jurgen Klopp - he’ll be just fine.
Agreed mate.

And on SG - I wouldn't want any other manger in charge of us at the moment - in good and bad times. That's why - although gutted at yesterday - I every faith that Steven Gerrard is the man to lead us through thick and thin. He knows the score.

Agreed mate.

And on SG - I wouldn't want any other manger in charge of us at the moment - in good and bad times. That's why - although gutted at yesterday - I every faith that Steven Gerrard is the man to lead us through thick and thin. He knows the score.

Correct.

I can’t even begin to describe how unconcerned I am about our gaffer.

Some of the players? Yes, possible concern there, as I can guarantee that regardless of the formation, that’s not how Gerrard’s sending them out to play.

The performance was so poor, reminiscent of Pedro or Murty.

Just so disappointing when the team has already dropped so many points and we looked to be really turning a corner.

You can always take solace in the fact that this time last year we would couldn’t win two games in a row and it became a thing.

We’re on the right track and we will get there.

The main thing is that when we have a shite performance like yesterday’s then lessons are learned.

I'm still fuckin raging I paid for that yesterday heartless bastards I'm surprised a Gerrard team played like this. Manager got it wrong but to be bullied on the park isn't acceptable.

SG deserves all the praise for our home form and also the European form.
However he rightfully deserves the criticism for our away form, changing his formation and making sweeping changes.
I don’t know if it is due to over estimating our players or underestimating the opposition, it has to stop now.
At the moment we are no better off points wise than what we were with Pedro last year and that is unacceptable.
To get anything less than 3 points against Hearts is also unacceptable as we would be 11 points behind them.
Never mind winning the league we would find it tough catching Hearts.

I’m taking it better than the Pittodrie or Fir Park on the basis that we were so awful yesterday that we deserved %^*& all and that’s what we got.

Amps up the pressure ahead of next Sunday which is now must win imo, going into another international break after 2 bad results wouldn’t be pretty.

Our midfield yesterday was powder puff, and not the right choice to play on that park or against robust players.
Stevie G. watched this team 4 times, and knew exactly how they would play.

And still he left better players on the bench than the ones he put out on the park.

Surely when he noticed that nothing was happening between the midfield and the strikers, he should have brought on McCrorie and Halliday, a player who's been playing well this season.

He admitted himself that there was nothing happening in the final 3rd.so why not do something about it.
Everytime our players got into a shooting position, which wasn't often.They passed the buck, so there was no way we were ever going to score.As stated i know our forwards didn't get service, but i still maintain that Morelos isn't the answer to our hopes.As he huffs & puffs but with no end result.

If we want success this season, we will need to try and find the cash to bring in a too quality striker plus a quality leader in the middle of the park who takes no prisoners omo. Browned off fan to - day.

I hear what you're saying.

I try not to post in the immediate aftermath of a defeat,this is my first post since the game.

Yesterday was hugely disappointing on so many levels. I honestly couldn't give a single player pass marks. Right from the off we were way off the pace and could've been two down within the first 20mins. From looking so solid in almost every game so far, the back four were all over the place.Not sure resting Katic was the smart play.
Our midfield was laboured and we were toothless up front. Once again, playing Lafferty and Morelos cost us dear.

However, what are the odds on every single player having an off day?

We have to support the manager. We have improved. We will continue to improve.
Couldn’t disagree with any of the above post. Flat performance all round and one I didn’t see coming.

That's what I thought. We start every game as if its a training session. First 10 minutes going nowhere. Opposition grows in confidence then its uphill all the way.

Back