Monday blues

Our midfield yesterday was powder puff, and not the right choice to play on that park or against robust players.
Stevie G. watched this team 4 times, and knew exactly how they would play.

And still he left better players on the bench than the ones he put out on the park.

Surely when he noticed that nothing was happening between the midfield and the strikers, he should have brought on McCrorie and Halliday, a player who's been playing well this season.

He admitted himself that there was nothing happening in the final 3rd.so why not do something about it.
Everytime our players got into a shooting position, which wasn't often.They passed the buck, so there was no way we were ever going to score.As stated i know our forwards didn't get service, but i still maintain that Morelos isn't the answer to our hopes.As he huffs & puffs but with no end result.

If we want success this season, we will need to try and find the cash to bring in a too quality striker plus a quality leader in the middle of the park who takes no prisoners omo. Browned off fan to - day.

You cant player 'proper' football on a pitch like that. Livi know this and simply play it long in the hope that the opposition defence slip up. They also go flat out for free kicks in dangerous areas then flood the box with all their big guys. We dont play football like that BUT we should when were on plastic. Its pathetic but it has to be done.

What really scunnered me yesterday was our pathetic attitude. I can reconcile losing to a team of thugs as that's not what we are or want to be and our refs are rotten. I can come to terms with losing to a better team, being unlucky and even having an occasional off-day.
None of that applies to yesterday, we lost because we just didn't want it enough. We let it happen.
The team shat on the manager, the fans, the club and even themselves and, sadly, it's an old problem. Gerrard treated the team with respect, he now has to back off and make them earn it.

Our midfield yesterday was powder puff, and not the right choice to play on that park or against robust players.
Stevie G. watched this team 4 times, and knew exactly how they would play.

And still he left better players on the bench than the ones he put out on the park.

Surely when he noticed that nothing was happening between the midfield and the strikers, he should have brought on McCrorie and Halliday, a player who's been playing well this season.

He admitted himself that there was nothing happening in the final 3rd.so why not do something about it.
Everytime our players got into a shooting position, which wasn't often.They passed the buck, so there was no way we were ever going to score.As stated i know our forwards didn't get service, but i still maintain that Morelos isn't the answer to our hopes.As he huffs & puffs but with no end result.

If we want success this season, we will need to try and find the cash to bring in a too quality striker plus a quality leader in the middle of the park who takes no prisoners omo. Browned off fan to - day.

Yeah mate I agree. Yesterday was more about substance than style and McCrorie or Halliday would’ve been far more suited to that game.

I also agree with what folk said yesterday about it being either Lafferty or Morelos, not both. They both need to be upfront as it’s a bit of shoehorning putting Laff on the left.

I’m a big fan of Alfie’s but I think we would’ve been better with Laff upfront with Kent, Arfield and Candeias off him ( yes I know the latter two were rubbish but that’s how I would’ve started).

Morelos to me is still a massive player but needs to learn composure when it comes to his finishing.

I do agree we need a quality midfielder and striker come January. Davis was my choice in the summer but hopefully Mark Allen etc have identified players as we do badly need more quality.

I took it very badly yesterday. Was so confident of 3 points. Was utterly gutted a the result and performance. I was all meant to set up a great week - beat Rapid and claw Hearts back to within touching distance. So, not a great start - but we can and will recover.

Steven Gerrard MBE is our leader.

I still BELIEVE.

One game at a time is the way forward.

We win as Rangers and we lose as Rangers. Well done Livingston, they had a game plan and stuck to it for the full 90 minutes. We where never going to go through the season unbeaten against all the other teams.

We were completely shite yesterday but I'm not overly concerned yet.

We've got a great run of league games coming up until we play Hibs on boxing day. 10 games that if we're serious about the league we have to take probably 24 points at least from, given the opposition I'd expect more than 24.

If we get nowhere near that points total then i'll be getting concerned.

The biggest issue with yesterday was that after 20/25 minutes, you knew a point was the most we’d get.

I knew after 10 minutes.

Even chasing the game in the second half we looked a little better with Kent, I still wasn't confident we would score a goal. I was actually surprised we only lost 1-0. Livingston had another 2 big chances and should have scored them really. If we had lost 2-0 yesterday I would have said that was about right scoreline.

Yesterday reminded me of the Motherwell League cup semi final last year. Where we lost every 50/50 in the middle of the park and lost near every physical battle. Created near nothing what so ever and lost ideas further up the park. That game and yesterday are the worst two performances I have witnessed at a game.

Huge pressure on us on Saturday now. Failure to win and we will be joint for 7th with Aberdeen. Grim reading this early on but if we dont win I cant see us making up the ground with Hearts. Our away form/results is that bad I cant see us putting together consistency to sustain a title challenge.

My opinion only ofcourse!

We were completely shite yesterday but I'm not overly concerned yet.

We've got a great run of league games coming up until we play Hibs on boxing day. 10 games that if we're serious about the league we have to take probably 24 points at least from, given the opposition I'd expect more than 24.

If we get nowhere near that points total then i'll be getting concerned.

Yesterday was part of a good run of games post the Piggery that we were all saying we really needed maximum points from, and look how that worked out.

Any game away from home looks like a tough ask at the moment and while on paper we should absolutely be going to Hamilton, St Mirren, Dundee and St Johnstone and coming back with maximum points I wouldn’t bet on it.

The Manager has had 1 transfer window and built a brand new squad from scratch, He's overachieved in Europe and got us to a League Cup Semi Final and it's only October, FF needs to calm down on the instant gratification

Yesterday was dreadful no getting away from it, But I don't think the away form is telling the whole story, Aberdeen last kick off the ball away from a Victory, Motherwell was Gerrard's fault due to his Subs

As always we should start judging our Manager around about Christmas

The team was playing well since the return from internationals and no one could have predicted such a diabolical display.

Had it been the first time watching this team I'd be thinking they were useless and no better than the team that finished last season.

Back