Monday's Back Pages - 50 images

Effectively Commons is saying that Alfie shouldn't answer questions from journalists in his home country.

Didn't Jackson or Leckie or Ralston or one of these fuds pen a piece a few weeks ago demanding they get to question Alfie?

Aside from that, Smith of Hearts gave a very honest assessment there. Fair play to him.

Steven McLean 5/10. Hooked before half-time to stop him being sent off. Contributed NOTHING!

Barasic, Goldson, Kamara and Ojo all only got 6.

Defoe got 4 – but I think he at least maybe had a shot at goal?

Even the 3/10 he got from another paper was being generous.

4/10 for a “harsh” booking……….he should have been booked at least twice prior for kicking the ball away.

These "journos" have a cheek to pick up a wage.

See The Record’s ‘jury’ are going with the narrative that Porto are ‘going through the motions’, ie not trying a leg in the EL. The downplaying, indeed, mockery, of Gerrard’s European record is incredible - the man should be feted for restoring Scottish credibility (and co-efficient). But no, let’s suck Scott Browns cock instead, for dominating Hibs, one of the poorest midfields in the SPL.

Kris Commons better tell whoever writes his column for him is talking absolute shite. He says Tierney gave 100% and gave his heart and soul before he moved, then says the polar opposite is true of Alfredo! Aye, he's rattled in 20 goals by the start of November, his disciplinary record is night and day compared to last season and he looks to be at his happiest since he came here.

His fawning over Brown is embarrassing.

Is there any stats to back up the fawning over Brown? Anything at all? I need this if only to stop myself from thinking that it's me who is insane

I am comfortable admitting that Celtic have some good players in McGregor, Edouard, Forrest etc but I have no idea why this neanderthal gets so much praise

In a sense Jackson's correct. Stop Brown getting involved as we did in the two Ibrox games last season and you effectively limit the mentally challengeds midfield. The rest of the article borders on sycophantic drivel.

I hope Jackson is right for once, and 'Broonaldo' is the difference between the two teams. A bang average thug who gets off scot-free every week should be easily controlled by the best midfield in Scotland by far.

15k Mhanks heading for their "Last Rights" with Papa, after the Lazio fans deal with them..lol

Back