More change at Chelsea

CaptainCourageous

Petr Cech set to be appointed sporting director whilst Inter Milan and Juventus are interested in Sarri, who's open to a move back to Italy.

Clubs seem to be going down this route more and more. I know it’s been done before but you can’t help feel, they’re looking at Ajax and how successful they’ve been at reintroducing former players back into the fold. (Van Der Sar/Overmars)

His mammie likes him to keep his head warm.
F all to do with a fractured skull.
Ffs, ally dawson had a fractured skull and just got on with it.
Some say he was never the same player again.

I genuinely think Lampard will be offered the job.

The only way the fans will stand by Chelsea’s up and coming tough few seasons and not turn on the manager if it’s Lampard in charge.

They’ll never turn on him should results likely be poor.

The only way the fans will stand by Chelsea’s up and coming tough few seasons and not turn on the manager if it’s Lampard in charge.

This is what I think as well - think Cech being brought in is part of a revamp that will see Lampard appointed as manager.

Can see Sarri heading back to Italy no matter the Europa League outcome. The fans have never taken to Sarri and to be honest, despite him saying he loves the EPL, there's no way he can be happy with how things are behind the scenes at Chelsea.

As a Chelsea fan I really wanted Sarri to work and to see his brand of football being played at Chelsea which is something we've missed since Ancelotti. For what it's worth I don't think he's had the backing to bring in the players required for his style of football. The players are still of the mould of Mourinho/Conte with sitting in and hitting on the rapid counter.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was Cech as the sporting director, Lampard as manager and Terry as his assistant and Steve Holland as first team coach.

Would he take Terry as his assistant? Wouldn’t he take Jody Morris with him from Derby?

Was thinking of the dream team that was touted for years and now that Lampard is a manager and Terry is an assistant it would be a Chelsea fans dream

Key person would be getting Steve Holland back in, he and Ray Wilkins RIP have had been key player in the background of Chelsea's success over the years.

The scrum cap should maybe be a staple item for all players these days given the repeated heading injury links to brain disease/conditions in later life!

A think this is the plan aswell , especially when they won’t be able to sign players next season it’ll give him a bit of time.

If Sarri leaves it will be interesting to see how they manage to attract a new manager with the ban hanging over them.

If Sarri leaves it will be interesting to see how they manage to attract a new manager with the ban hanging over them.
Lampard will get it

Has nothing to lose and the fans will cut him some slack due to his history and the transfer ban

Lampards hit the jackpot especially if he ends up doing a decent job in the end .

Lampard will get it

Has nothing to lose and the fans will cut him some slack due to his history and the transfer ban

Lampards hit the jackpot especially if he ends up doing a decent job in the end .

A risk of epic proportions.

He’s had a year at Derby and done well but not enough to indicate he is, or even will ever be, able to compete at the elite level of management.

He’ll be up against the likes of Pep and Klopp. He’s not ready for this, should stay at Derby but let’s be honest if he gets offered it he takes it.

A risk of epic proportions.

He’s had a year at Derby and done well but not enough to indicate he is, or even will ever be, able to compete at the elite level of management.

He’ll be up against the likes of Pep and Klopp. He’s not ready for this, should stay at Derby but let’s be honest if he gets offered it he takes it.
I agree not sure he's up to the job yet either. But it's the safest option as he will be given immunity for a season or 2.

No decent manager is taking the job when they can't do transfers and will be losing hazard IMO

Lampard is a risk no doubt but if he does a decent job it could be a massive gain for them in the long run.

It's mental to think we could potentially have a period of time where lampard is managing Chelsea and Gerrard is managing Liverpool at the same time though.

Back