More confusion from the history books for obsessive cranks

I always think those old team pictures never look quite as good when there aren't any trophies sitting at the front. Although in 1966 we had the Scottish Cup in the trophy room.

They really think it bothers us when they say "The Rangers". It's probably the one thing that they've failed to grasp in their obsessive interest in all things Rangers.

Now, as long as they don't start calling us "Glasgow".

They really think it bothers us when they say "The Rangers". It's probably the one thing that they've failed to grasp in their obsessive interest in all things Rangers.

I’d not bother about that, I’m sure Gazza called us that when he first arrived.

We've often billed ourselves as "The Rangers" on official material. Folk who try to use it as some sort of jibe against us are, of course, idiots.

Screen-Shot-2021-07-25-at-09-50-33.png

Last edited:

They are the equivalent of the lone heckler in the audience of a sharp comedian where the rest of the act is at his cost
He goes straight home after the show to cry into his pillow after the comedian has spent his entire show slaughtering him

I laughed at one who text The Rangers and I said we have always been The Rangers. The fool then said The The Rangers to which I replied I didn't know you had a stutter!

I always thought we were The Rangers and “The” was pronounced “thee”.
(I didn’t really but I do tell timmy that’s the case.)

Growing up in the 50s and 60s I was told by the old man that only two British clubs are referred to as “The” and that was The Arsenal and The Rangers.

Some of the sad freaks of the green and grey who obsess over our name will spend the rest of their lives trapped in a 2013 state of mind, saying 'youse ur deid' like a broken record and rubbing their grubby hands at the prospect of their scummy club dominating Scottish football for decades and "having a proper crack at Europe."

They were arrogant, they were complacent, and ultimately they were incompetent. By at least 2016, it was clear to anyone with eyes that they would crumble at the first sustained challenge. They couldn't see past their own hubris.

They fucked it big time, and all they have left is "banter" that has been the mark of a witless dullard for the best part of a decade, but is now also indicative of a person whose ramblings are divorced from reality, bereft in the self-awareness department. It would be tragic if it wasn't so funny and so, so richly deserved.

I love all three whenever or wherever I hear them :D

Glasgow Rangers: Mostly used in Europe and across the world by other clubs and fans

The Rangers: Generational thing for me with my old papa saying: "We going to see The Rangers this weekend kid?" - as my mum warned him in vain not to take the 12-year-old me into Masonic after the match (again)

Rangers: With approximately 170,000 words in the English language, it's wonderful how just one of them, those seven letters - R..A..N..G..E..R..S - can mean so much to so many people and leave memories that last lifetimes and beyond

I'm pretty damn sure that the Glens never meant it as some sort of jibe. In fact I'd say you'd have more chance of finding Celt*c supporters living in Mersey Street.

Here's an eye witness report of the game from a Glentoran history book I have called, A Green Sward Called The Oval.
It's a little flower in places but some of you might find it interesting.

Please excuse the shoddy photography.

IMG-20210928-175002.jpg

IMG-20210928-180418-edit-1016742501406.jpg

IMG-20210928-182558-edit-2229445127263.jpg

IMG-20210928-175230.jpg

Edited due to cackhandedness.

Last edited:
Back