More cuts at the Herald and Evening Times

mdingwall

Administrator

Chris Jack, who covers Rangers for the Herald and Evening Times, is the highest profile victim of the lay-offs at the two papers. He has been put on the UK Government furlough scheme and will be paid 80% of his salary by the UK Government for the next three months. There are now only two sports journos covering for both the Herald and Evening Times, Graeme McGarry and Matthew Lindsay. And they have also had their salaries slashed.

No surprise Jack was singled out by the rabid SNP supporting hierarchy in there.

Wow that sucks for chris.

Seemed a decent guy that always gets harassed by mentally challengeds on twitter.

Chris Jack, who covers Rangers for the Herald and Evening Times, is the highest profile victim of the lay-offs at the two papers. He has been put on the UK Government furlough scheme and will be paid 80% of his salary by the UK Government for the next three months. There are now only two sports journos covering for both the Herald and Evening Times, Graeme McGarry and Matthew Lindsay. And they have also had their salaries slashed.

No surprise Jack was singled out by the rabid SNP supporting hierarchy in there.
10% pay cuts for them from what I’ve heard

Not on twitter, whats he said?

ETutrDVWAAEWtxg

Scandalous.

donald martin, the much reviled and ridiculed, ass-licking high hied yin there, claims to support the gers. seriously

Anyone any idea how much a journalist like jack earns ? Because it will be a big loss for any of them getting 80% of their salary fine but the part people forget is “ up to £2500” .

I don’t think many families these days could survive on that for any length of time especially if used to a bigger pay packet

All well and good concentrating on the mentally challenged journalists but there are a lot of good bears work behind the scenes in the likes of printing etc. I have good pals about to lose their jobs

As sad as the times are for Chris i hope these two rags and a few others sink. Here's hoping he finds a more favourable employer.

I have not bought that rag for years

Ronny Cully...Celtic signing Crespo among increased advertising of the fiddle de Dee bands with their quaint wee oiaaaraaay ditties.

Crespo of course..like the tour of Japan...never happened!

Clickbait crap with every other story somehow getting noncefc namedropped into it and the more than willing obsessed pond life who inhabit the comments section who constantly post their incessant rangers died drivel and seem to comment on every Rangers story yet never on their own team stories.

Odd creatures

Anyone any idea how much a journalist like jack earns ? Because it will be a big loss for any of them getting 80% of their salary fine but the part people forget is “ up to £2500” .

I don’t think many families these days could survive on that for any length of time especially if used to a bigger pay packet
The article says they’re going further than the Government £30k limit and paying 80% of total wages.

Sympathy for some individuals of course, however, both have been lost causes for years. Not one tear will be shed by this bear when they fold.

if you were to ask me a Rangers friendly journalist in Scotland the only one I could tell you would be Chris.

Hope he still does alright after this.
A recent piece by Jackson, the one where he begged septic be handed the league I think it was, or it might have been one of the hatchet jobs on David Graham, or it might have been him slating Dave King, suggested there were plenty of Rangers friendly journalists out there.
I too, struggled to think of one beyond this guy and the McDermott lad at the Express.
On the other hand, there seems to be plenty more who, if they aren’t dyed in the wool tramps, they are definitely Rangers detractors and haters.

Best of luck to Chris jack, hopefully he gets himself sorted or the club and various Rangers related media outlets can offer him some freelance.

These trashy 'news outlets' have a lot to answer for. They ruin people's lives regularly.

I feel sorry for Chris Jack, but I'd much rather he worked for an organisation with morals rather than one who makes it's money through other peoples' misery.

No different to the other red tops in their click bait, e.g. 'violent assault outside popular Rangers bar'.

On a day when no football is on and nothing to do with the bar.

That news group really has a problem with orange walks as well going back years but given their nationalist bias it's to be expected.

Chris Jack was about one of the only decent journalists left,

Ive not bought a paper for a long long time but hopefully they all disappear.

If you think the standard of football journalism is bad right now (and it's fucking terrible up here) then it's likely to get even worse. Expect more click bait shite and stories lifted directly from forums with no actual journalism.

Back