more James McCarthy fitness concerns

I remember seth johnson when he signed for Leeds tells the story his agent went in with a figure of 5k a week and would hopefully get around 8k with negotiations.

The Leeds directors came straight out with 30k a week (or a number around that) obviously thr agent said aye no bother.

I wonder if the same happened with Mccarthy went in looking for maybe a 2 year deal and dom mckay has just gone right 4 years son I'm not giving you anymore

What I find interesting about this is the fact that it has now appeared in two different places.

Someone is not happy with training methods and getting their message out to the media. The fact that Phillips mentions sports science and players should not be flogged during the week tells me that some has definitely had a word in his ear.
Been saying similar for a while Fat Ange may get away with running his players into the ground and demanding non stop running in Asia but he’s now dealing with top class professionals who have been around top clubs long enough to know that its not possible to consistently play games at that tempo while also being asked to burst a gut at training every day , players won’t stand for it and there body’s won’t keep up with the demand of two big matches a week and that’s what happens at the top it’s constant high pressure / intensity games one after another , watch for more leaked stories and an ever increasing injury list

What I find interesting about this is the fact that it has now appeared in two different places.

Someone is not happy with training methods and getting their message out to the media. The fact that Phillips mentions sports science and players should not be flogged during the week tells me that some has definitely had a word in his ear.
They appointed a new sports scientist fella last week. Again, not an Ange man. Some random scottish bloke

Been saying similar for a while Fat Ange may get away with running his players into the ground and demanding non stop running in Asia but he’s now dealing with top class professionals who have been around top clubs long enough to know that its not possible to consistently play games at that tempo while also being asked to burst a gut at training every day , players won’t stand for it and there body’s won’t keep up with the demand of two big matches a week and that’s what happens at the top it’s constant high pressure / intensity games one after another , watch for more leaked stories and an ever increasing injury list
That Celtic team haven’t been fit as such since Rodgers and his back room all left. They are a farce

I said the exact same, look at Turnbull and Rogic going off on Sunday no fist bump for the manager from them. They are being made to carry a huge workload that they just can't do. Watch the injuries pile up over the winter months with our wet heavy pitches. (we've had more rain the last few days than we've had all summer)

Back