More old horrors of replica shirts

Did we ever wear this one?

Its a shocker.
Away to Dumbarton - I think Waghorn scored two. A penalty and a low shot from the edge of the box that keeper should have saved.

Might be in minority here but I actually liked that kit - thought it was one of Puma's better efforts.

We've had far worse away kits than the 94 red one.

This one for a start:

c936945a92234b537ae260a82a224375.jpg

Bollocks, That’s a classic.

Bollocks, That’s a classic.
We brought that shirt back in 2006 under Le Guen. Back in 1988 it was used against Bordeaux for Davie Coopers testimonial and the 0-0 nil draw v St Johnstone at the piggery in the scsf in 1989 the same day as the Hillsborough disaster. I actually bought one of them from score draw last year and the quality is top notch.

our 92/94 kit is often thought of as our best, 9iar kit too, both were templates.

Yeh the 9iar top was 98% identical to the France home top which I had.
The France top came out before the Rangers one. So when I bought it n wore it to a friendly down at Clydebank everybody thought it was the new Rangers top because it looked so alike

We brought that shirt back in 2006 under Le Guen. Back in 1988 it was used against Bordeaux for Davie Coopers testimonial and the 0-0 nil draw v St Johnstone at the piggery in the scsf in 1989 the same day as the Hillsborough disaster. I actually bought one of them from score draw last year and the quality is top notch.

Did Ally not do the Ally Shuffle in that top?

You've had an absolute mare here calling this out. Got to be up there in the top 3 away kits ever

It's hideous. Just because a successful Rangers team wore it doesn't disguise it's horror.

The corresponding home top is a classic.

Diagonal halves are for rugby, pub teams and the late 19th century.

That's just your standard Hibs strip.
Nothing different from previous or new.
As for the Scotland strip, I remember buying that for my holidays.
Not the worst by far.
Is it not that the badge is different?

I used to love wearing this away top as a youngster.
2f49e7db53154d0b9144c5e70d241dac.jpg

And why the hell did we have the daily retard in this match?

0_Albertz.png

Absolutely f*ck all wrong with that red and black number. Got a feeling they had to include one of our tops just to appease the filth.
Although they have to admit that top of theirs is utter putrid... just like every year...

Neither our top or that Scotland jersey belong in the same article as either that Coventry top or that monstrosity of a Tim shirt.

And if Dundee United brought that shirt out now it would be very popular. The mental 90s designs are all the rage.

Typo in the part about the Scotland shirt. Should be 1992, not 2002.

Umbro rereleased the shorts for that as swimming shorts earlier this year. I bought them

Aye I bought them as well, £10 well spent. They'll go well with the jersey!

I used to love wearing this away top as a youngster.
2f49e7db53154d0b9144c5e70d241dac.jpg

And why the hell did we have the daily retard in this match?

0_Albertz.png
The Daily Record sponsorship top was worn in Walter Smith's testimonial v Liverpool - no idea why though.

Was my birthday that game and my dad had wrote to the club asking if I could meet the players/staff. Answer was obviously no but I got a letter back that was hand signed by Walter himself. Was pride of place in my room growing up.

The Daily Record sponsorship top was worn in Walter Smith's testimonial v Liverpool - no idea why though.

Was my birthday that game and my dad had wrote to the club asking if I could meet the players/staff. Answer was obviously no but I got a letter back that was hand signed by Walter himself. Was pride of place in my room growing up.
Thank you for clearing that up. I'm away to check the lineups and score now because I honestly can't remember it!

Edit:
Yaaaassssss:)) McCoist with the winner.

iHLVfLM.jpg

Last edited:
I remember the sky blue Coventry, the yellow Leeds, and red Wales kits by Admiral as being hugely popular back then. I reckon that's when football kits in presentation boxes became a must have present by demanding and ungrateful kids. :))
I had the yellow Leeds United away with smiley badge, didn’t get much more 70s than that, happy days.

Back