More UEFA nonsense

They are all in lockdown and coming up with mad shit. Talking absolute shite - but the papers need to come up with stuff aswell keep them busy, that’s just mental

Talking about just finishing the Europa league by skipping straight to the semifinals.

I know we are 3-1 down but how can that even be suggested??

There are teams who haven’t played a last 16 game yet.

Gets more laughable by the day.
What’s the source of this mate? Slow news day for the mhedia or a Tim on Twitter? No offence to you, but stuff like this is bound to get thrown around.

What’s the source of this mate? Slow news day for the mhedia or a Tim on Twitter? No offence to you, but stuff like this is bound to get thrown around.
It’s apparently in the Sunday Mail ( which I don’t buy ) and it’s on the paper talk section of the sky sports app.
Ridiculous if true but not surprising.

Basically they are looking at ways to partially fulfil their contractual obligations to sponsors etc. It's all about the money
Its all about the ridiculous money these clubs get and pay to overrated players.
Three or four weeks in and they are in meltdown.

It must be too early for me. I have no idea how this could make sense. Not doubting the op, it just sums up uefa.
Eta. I see it now. Scottish journalism. doh!

Off topic but relevant, Tenerife ( the resort not the football club ) have announced that they don’t expect the resort’s to be open to holiday makers till at least October.
That in itself would mean the chance of football being played anytime soon
They would still get the decisions going their way,and we would get done for singing the Billy Boys.
Brilliant.

Are they going to play the remainder of ties on football manager to see who reaches the semi finals? It could be like the virtual Grand National where the ties are all shown live and be passed off as factual in 50 years!

Think about it guys. Currently there are 16 clubs still in. What methodology could there be to select the last 4 that wouldn’t cause the most massive of shit storms.

Even if you took the last 16 first leg scores as final you still have the fact that two ties are unstarted and one of the played games was a draw. If you could resolve that you are down to 8 teams and have to find a way of knocking another 4 off.

This is an entire load of fanny.

Think about it guys. Currently there are 16 clubs still in. What methodology could there be to select the last 4 that wouldn’t cause the most massive of shit storms.

Even if you took the last 16 first leg scores as final you still have the fact that two ties are unstarted and one of the played games was a draw. If you could resolve that you are down to 8 teams and have to find a way of knocking another 4 off.

This is an entire load of fanny.
Nothing UEFA do would surprise me to be honest.

Do they just choose the semi finalists based on who the favourites are then? Why not just award the trophy to whoever the favourite is in that case.

It’s an absolutely ridiculous idea, but it isn’t any more ridiculous than handing out league titles to teams that haven’t won them. The teams currently at the top of each league are favourites to win the league and nothing more at the minute. They aren’t champions and most certainly haven’t yet earned the right to call themselves as such.

The way this is going, they would be as well just distributing all trophies to the favourites of each competition and be done with it.

They would use a double headed coin and call tails as they are clueless.

Well, they shouldn't let Rodney call for them again!

They really need to just end the current tournaments and have everyone left given automatic entry to next season's Champions League. They must have a clause in their rules for exceptional circumstances?

One can dream!

Talking about just finishing the Europa league by skipping straight to the semifinals.

I know we are 3-1 down but how can that even be suggested??

There are teams who haven’t played a last 16 game yet.

Gets more laughable by the day.
Cabin fever setting in at UEFA towers

Back