Morelos 5/1 to stay

Then CP are not the club he should go to as they have sold their main chance maker. Alfredo will get his move to a far better club.
There are not too many EPL clubs where he would be a regular starter. If it's Palace then that may the type of club he has to go to to get his way into the EPL. It's then up to him to see if he can up it a level through his performances etc.

There are not too many EPL clubs where he would be a regular starter. If it's Palace then that may the type of club he has to go to to get his way into the EPL. It's then up to him to see if he can up it a level through his performances etc.
If this is the route his people are taking him down then they’re doing him a disservice, he is a better player than bottom half epl, his perfect fit would be Spain .

I would fancy him to get a game with any team outside the top six in the Epl

If this is the route his people are taking him down then they’re doing him a disservice, he is a better player than bottom half epl, his perfect fit would be Spain .
I would agree with you here.None of the big English clubs would look at him while he is with us.Possibly a year in Spain scoring goals would earn him a move to a big English team.

I think Spain would be his best destination right now. But it appears he wants EPL.

Best prospect we have had in a few decades and a probable 25 + goal scorer next season yet there are 'bears' that can't wait to be shot of him. Bizzare.
It's not a case of wanting shot of him. It's just seeing a player who wants to move on. And when that happens then you just have to accept the departure is inevitable.

Best prospect we have had in a few decades and a probable 25 + goal scorer next season yet there are 'bears' that can't wait to be shot of him. Bizzare.

A player that gets booked consistently and ends up walking a tightrope the rest of the game and has a habit of getting sent off in big games.

It’s easy to see why folk think he is replaceable and have perhaps lost patience with him, regardless of how talented he is

I suspect the piggery red card was the final straw for some

I'll be gutted if Morelos is sold. With our new squad and better players around him he would score 40 goals this season coming up.

A player that gets booked consistently and ends up walking a tightrope the rest of the game and has a habit of getting sent off in big games.

It’s easy to see why folk think he is replaceable and have perhaps lost patience with him, regardless of how talented he is

Including our manager.

It's not a case of wanting shot of him. It's just seeing a player who wants to move on. And when that happens then you just have to accept the departure is inevitable.
He's ambitious. He has wanted to 'move on' every season he has played in Europe but that will not necessarily happen unless he compromises his potential by accepting the first opportunity that comes along. He's better than palace and his agent could do worse than advise him to stay put until he secures a better move. His departure is inevitable but I simply don't understand folks wishing him away tomorrow.

Mate if you want to focus on how he is singled out by referees that's your call. I see a kid that brings us a shed load of goals and terrifies our opponents.

He's ambitious. He has wanted to 'move on' every season he has played in Europe but that will not necessarily happen unless he compromises his potential by accepting the first opportunity that comes along. He's better than palace and his agent could do worse than advise him to stay put until he secures a better move. His departure is inevitable but I simply don't understand folks wishing him away tomorrow.
Genuine question. How much better than Palace is he though? Where would he be a guaranteed starter in the EPL, taking into account teams only player with one striker?

Genuine question. How much better than Palace is he though? Where would he be a guaranteed starter in the EPL, taking into account teams only player with one striker?
I think he has potential to be a regular starter for an EPL top six level team. We won't have another like him in a very long time and should keep him as long as we can.

I think he has potential to be a regular starter for an EPL top six level team. We won't have another like him in a very long time and should keep him as long as we can.
Right now he is not getting a game for City, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal or Man Utd.

A lot to prove before he ever gets to that level.

I’m thinking he’s here till January. He needs to kick the rep thing into the long grass as whilst it is unique to his time in Scotland (given his previous disciplinary record), the mhedia have bigged it up and there’s no doubt clubs are probably wondering about the risk factor. 15 goals between now and January and a tighter card record and he’ll rock off for plenty of millions.

I think it would be better if we got an absurd amount and we used this to strengthen.

I would miss him, he's some player for us but he is treated differently from other players and it's like playing with 10 men at times.

I’m thinking he’s here till January. He needs to kick the rep thing into the long grass as whilst it is unique to his time in Scotland (given his previous disciplinary record), the mhedia have bigged it up and there’s no doubt clubs are probably wondering about the risk factor. 15 goals between now and January and a tighter card record and he’ll rock off for plenty of millions.
Personally I think SG would prefer him to go in this window OR stay for the whole season. A January departure would not suit the managers plans. It would be too disruptive. It's now or next summer. I think it will be now.

Personally I think SG would prefer him to go in this window OR stay for the whole season. A January departure would not suit the managers plans. It would be too disruptive. It's now or next summer. I think it will be now.
I think I’d prefer that too, but it has been very quiet and he’s not exactly looked unhappy in and around training. None of that points to a fast departure. But if he goes, I offer him my thanks for the goals and the work he did for us in our wee cesspit league.

I think the talk will be stay til January and see where we are. If we are in about it,which i fully expect us to be, i can see him staying til end of season. If we ar off the pace the agreement will be we sell him in January. Just my opinion

Can’t see us selling him in January think it would upset the balance. Also would mean we’d be rushing to get replacement in

My son thinks he is brilliant , for me I would prefer he moved on. I defended him to the hilt v Aberdeen last August . Battle fever took over at Ibrox in the first game v Celtic and I did the same . In reality he isn't a team player , he does what he feels is best for him .

Totally agree.
We played more consistently…as a team without him towards the end of the season. The best football in my opinion we played all season.

He is a marked man now will never get the breaks even if he deserves them.Gerrard is taking a big gamble if he refuses to move him on, although doubt it will be up to him.
But … first we need a concrete offer.
From anybody!
I think it speaks volumes…we apparently…don’t even have one!

I cannot find the bet on pp?
Nor can I. I can see it on Oddschecker re PP but when you click on it, it doesn't in fact link you through to such a bet on PP. And if you go into PP direct there isn't any bet that I can see on him staying, just odds on him going.

Depends on two things for me.

Is Alfie fully committed to the club if he does stay?

And do we actually need the money his sale would furnish us with?

Two very important points. He is an asset both on and off the pitch and like any other business we need to protect and nurture our assets to their full potential for our own benefit.

We get this one wrong and we are throwing big money down the drain. Would hate to see us do that.

He is brilliant, even love his wee huffs and puffs. I don't think you will ever knock the petulance out of him, it is just part of the man. I can go either way on this one, i just hope we get it right for us.

Right now he is not getting a game for City, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal or Man Utd.

A lot to prove before he ever gets to that level.
Potential may or may not be realised, but he has it in abundance and teams have been known to pay a lot for that. Personally I hope he stays as he will play a huge role in 55.

I'm old enough to remember the ''Nae Boyd Nae Goals'' campaign. The next season we actually scored more goals overall as the team wasnt overly reliant on one guy to stick the ball in the pokey.

We've survived Laudrup leaving. Gazza. McCoist. I could go on I'm sure you get the drift.

Rangers will continue to prosper without any player.
That's dandy.

Anyone got a link to the actual bet? There's only odds on him moving elsewhere as far as I can see.

Totally agree.
We played more consistently…as a team without him towards the end of the season. The best football in my opinion we played all season.
I hate that "we played better without him" argument. We changed the system towards the end of last season and got more support around Defoe.

Alfie was up front having to create chances for himself, singlehandedly dragging us through a lot of games. God knows how many Alfie could have scored if he had gotten the same type of support.

I hate that "we played better without him" argument. We changed the system towards the end of last season and got more support around Defoe.

Alfie was up front having to create chances for himself, singlehandedly dragging us through a lot of games. God knows how many Alfie could have scored if he had gotten the same type of support.

Alfie got full support from everybody in the team.
He was up front by himself because he won’t or can’t play with a partner.
Gerrard knows this and if he to play him then that is the only way he can play him.But it nulifies everybody else scoring in the box as Morelos often than nought is never looking to pass to anyone else and more often than nought shoot.Sometimes with others in better positions,
Defoe on the other hand is a team player and with the last 6 games of the season he and Arfield in particular struck up a great and profitable relationship where Arfield for me then played his best of the season.
Not only him but arguably the team it’s self played the best as a team.

Alfie got full support from everybody in the team.
He was up front by himself because he won’t or can’t play with a partner.
Gerrard knows this and if he to play him then that is the only way he can play him.But it nulifies everybody else scoring in the box as Morelos often than nought is never looking to pass to anyone else and more often than nought shoot.Sometimes with others in better positions,
Defoe on the other hand is a team player and with the last 6 games of the season he and Arfield in particular struck up a great and profitable relationship where Arfield for me then played his best of the season.
Not only him but arguably the team it’s self played the best as a team.
So we didn't change the system, which gave Defoe more support, while Alfie was out?

We sure did and benefitted as a team.
Alfie does not want anyone up there supporting him as a partner it seems.
Our format right up till Alfie got himself sent off for the 4th or 5th time was for Tav and Candeias to feed him.A formation that got so predicyptable that even the weakest teams in the league quickly sussed this out.
Him and Defoe are two different types of forwards.Defoe needs players around him who he can feed off and …set up as well.

Let me ask you one question.
The second goal we scored againt ‘them’ in the last game.If Morelos had been playing instead of Defoe in exactly that position …do you think the ball would have ran onto Scott?
I rather doubt it.

It’s just proved after these 6 games especially …Defoe is a better team player and as a result we went 6 on the bounce with the team playing again for me arguably the best and cohesive football all season.Don’t think we conceded much either.

Just seen on oddschecker that Paddy Power are offering odds of 5/1 that he stays!
Considering that Gerrard said there have been no offers the odds seem high, maybe.
Palace are 11/10 favs with the same firm to sign him.

Do you have a link to those odds mate?

I can't find them but wouldn't mind a wee flutter.

If he keeps his heid and is scoring for fun between now and the EPL transfer window closing. I can see EPL Teams who are worried about their strikers making a bid for Morelos. Personally, I'm hoping he keeps his heid, his goals put us in Europe in 2020, having one a cup....still in for a 2nd Cup and 55 well in sight and a 20mil+ offer comes in January.

Back