Morelos 5/1 to stay

We sure did and benefitted as a team.
Alfie does not want anyone up there supporting him as a partner it seems.
Our format right up till Alfie got himself sent off for the 4th or 5th time was for Tav and Candeias to feed him.A formation that got so predicyptable that even the weakest teams in the league quickly sussed this out.
Him and Defoe are two different types of forwards.Defoe needs players around him who he can feed off and …set up as well.

Let me ask you one question.
The second goal we scored againt ‘them’ in the last game.If Morelos had been playing instead of Defoe in exactly that position …do you think the ball would have ran onto Scott?
I rather doubt it.

It’s just proved after these 6 games especially …Defoe is a better team player and as a result we went 6 on the bounce with the team playing again for me arguably the best and cohesive football all season.Don’t think we conceded much either.

The amount of garbage written about the 'last 6 games' when teams were half arsed and there was heehaw to play for is mind numbing.

We sure did and benefitted as a team.
Alfie does not want anyone up there supporting him as a partner it seems.
Our format right up till Alfie got himself sent off for the 4th or 5th time was for Tav and Candeias to feed him.A formation that got so predicyptable that even the weakest teams in the league quickly sussed this out.
Him and Defoe are two different types of forwards.Defoe needs players around him who he can feed off and …set up as well.

Let me ask you one question.
The second goal we scored againt ‘them’ in the last game.If Morelos had been playing instead of Defoe in exactly that position …do you think the ball would have ran onto Scott?
I rather doubt it.

It’s just proved after these 6 games especially …Defoe is a better team player and as a result we went 6 on the bounce with the team playing again for me arguably the best and cohesive football all season.Don’t think we conceded much either.
This is my point. Folk on here keep drumming into us that the wee man can't play up front on his own. How do you know? We haven't had a chance to determine that. Let's see how he get on with the new system before we make assumptions. He seemed pretty capable of playing up front with bodies around him yesterday, especially when he laid it off to Candeias for the first goal.

Seen earlier that Aston Villa paid £22m for a 22 year old Brazilian named Wesley from Club Brugge. He's scored 32 goals in 107 games (according to Wiki).

There's absolutely no reason we shouldn't be demanding at least £20m from a Premiership club tbh.

Back