Morelos agent touting move to Napoli

Direct support? What’s the difference? We stood and watched and he was berated in a manner I haven’t seen of any player in scotland previously. And the thanks was firing us through the Europa League and earning us a mint, and carrying us on his back for sizeable portions of the last 2 seasons.
They player didn’t turn up for training, there was allegations over his attitude regarding appearing at tynecastle, the manager had repeatedly stepped in and intervened to try and assist him more than most. Players weren’t happy he was being treated differently and pandered to almost. The thanks were repeatedly breaking rules set and flouting demands made, the latest being his weight in return from covid leave. I can’t see our management team having a lot of time left let alone players. In that sense, as wonderful as he is a player, it’s self inflicted. The media witch hunt we allowed to continue? Unforgivable and hopefully with the appointment of the new PR chap, that stops immediately.

Direct support? What’s the difference? We stood and watched and he was berated in a manner I haven’t seen of any player in scotland previously. And the thanks was firing us through the Europa League and earning us a mint, and carrying us on his back for sizeable portions of the last 2 seasons.
Well said mate.

If he goes I hope it’s soon to allow us sufficient time to bring in a suitable replacement. Selling him at the last minute would be criminal.

They player didn’t turn up for training, there was allegations over his attitude regarding appearing at tynecastle, the manager had repeatedly stepped in and intervened to try and assist him more than most. Players weren’t happy he was being treated differently and pandered to almost. The thanks were repeatedly breaking rules set and flouting demands made, the latest being his weight in return from covid leave. I can’t see our management team having a lot of time left let alone players. In that sense, as wonderful as he is a player, it’s self inflicted. The media witch hunt we allowed to continue? Unforgivable and hopefully with the appointment of the new PR chap, that stops immediately.
His weight is an issue every close season, it’s his body type. See ally McCoist or Paul Gascoigne. It’s usually gone by the time the season starts and even then he starts like a train.

See club having a tailored plan he clearly hadn’t followed...
So every other player in our huge squad has came back perfect match weight?. Highly doubt it. They haven’t been training every day since lock down began. They got the break and now will be back working at proper intensity.

Where’s that coming from mate? I know he let everyone down a few times but that’s the first I'm making this up as I need attention: of some of that info. Especially other players being unhappy, maybe if they showed some of the same balls and fight Morelos has shown at times they’d get more leeway too.

Either way, I’d say we’ve let him down badly at times both in terms of allowing him to be vilified in an extremely sinister manner, and on the playing side with regards to having him shoulder a disproportionate amount of the responsibility on the park.

Where’s that coming from mate? I know he let everyone down a few times but that’s the first I'm making this up as I need attention: of some of that info. Especially other players being unhappy, maybe if they showed some of the same balls and fight Morelos has shown at times they’d get more leeway too.

Either way, I’d say we’ve let him down badly at times both in terms of allowing him to be vilified in an extremely sinister manner, and on the playing side with regards to having him shoulder a disproportionate amount of the responsibility on the park.
Not going to say too much more than I agree with pretty much everything you’ve said. He seems to be one of the most popular in the changing room if anything. Going by interviews with players who seem to love him and his humour. Even then, it’s man management as each player needs to be handled differently. Cantona et al are prime examples.

Your concluding line is something I would like to end on also.

Last edited:
His weight is an issue every close season, it’s his body type. See ally McCoist or Paul Gascoigne. It’s usually gone by the time the season starts and even then he starts like a train.

I’m obviously not inviting direct comparisons on ability, but even Messi has come back a bit overweight after the summer, and if you look at his brothers, is probably one who’ll blow up once he retires. I remember him playing a supercopa game against Madrid in which his weight was a topic of discussion because he hadn’t yet shed the excess put on in the off season.

Not going to say too much more than I agree with pretty much everything you’ve said. He seems to be one of the most popular in the changing room if anything. Going by interviews with players who seem to love him and his humour. Even then, it’s man management as each player needs to be handled differently. Cantona et al are prime examples.

Your concluding like is something I would like to end on also.

It’s a two way street mate for sure. He’s let us down badly a times, and we’ve done likewise.

I’m curious to where this guy’s info is coming from though because spreading that sort of thing around doesn’t help much either, if it’s not in fact accurate or if it’s all hear say or conjecture. Not saying he’s a liar, but I’d be surprised if we hadn’t heard about it elsewhere already. But the idea of our players not being happy with the one who’s bailed them out time and again certainly seems rich.

If it’s true we’re actively trying to sell him then our bargaining position looks weak. If we sell for less than £20 million it’s a joke.

If a move to a club of the quality of Napoli is on the cards (and it is well within Morelos' ability to succeed at such a club), then the price should be favourable to the club.

Personally, I still believe that an EPL club will make a move at an appropriate price (i.e., £20m+ at the very least!)

All things considered, I believe a very good fee can be obtained for Alfredo, given his clear physical and technical quality for the first half of last season, particularly in Europe. The footage of his play really is compelling when you watch it back.

Morelos would be dynamite under someone like Someone or Gattuso. He's also got the game to succeed in a league like La Liga/Serie A.

Similar attributes to Lautaro Martínez - obviously not of the same quality.

Hallidays recent interviews didn’t come across as though players were pissed off at him, the opposite in fact, it sounded as if the players love him and see him as a daft wee brother type they want to look after as he’s doolally.

Hallidays recent interviews didn’t come across as though players were pissed off at him, the opposite in fact, it sounded as if the players love him and see him as a daft wee brother type they want to look after as he’s doolally.

I always thought he’d be the loveable rogue if anything

The last thing he needs is another stepping stone to a big club so this would be a good move, he should want to go straight to a big club. I can't see how another 3 years at a Rennes does anything for him.
As a club it should be something we aim for in selling to elite sides, players aren't going to look at the European exploits of Hagi, Kent and Morelos get a move to standard Europa level sides with much excitement
So Rangers aren’t a big club?? Get your point but big club doesn’t just equate to rich club imo

Reactions: sj2
I think he’s off, he’s not featured in any new strip advertisement at all nor has his jersey from what I can see.

I think he’s off, he’s not featured in any new strip advertisement at all nor has his jersey from what I can see.

Just what I was typing. There's been a lot of tweets/instagram of players, shirts and even goal celebrations but he's not been mentioned.

I find that a little odd.

Your concluding line is something I would like to end on also.

The concluding line is something l have noticed . We dont protect and help our players . It's been happening for years.

Leaving aside your alleged info, I and I’m sure many others are now fed up of Morelos and his baggage.

If we had the Morelos of the first half of last season, no faults.

Unfortunately though he’s a mixed bag as we seen in the second half of the season.

I want him gone purely because he can’t be trusted to stay on the park whenever he picks up a yellow.

His attitude has been questionable a number of times most notably after December just passed.

I’ve no doubt his fellow players would have been pissed off with him not returning on time before a big game at Tynecastle, the constant red cards in big matches etc. then see him walking straight back into the team.

He’s a good player when he can be arsed but I think because we’ve been starved of a decent striker since Jelavic, too many of our fans point blank refuse to point the finger at Morelos for anything despite being merited, and instead prefer to blame everything on Keith Jackson, referees etc. (Refs are far more harsher on him, that’s a fact but he doesn’t half make it easy for them)

Rumours in France are that Victor Osimhen is linked with Napoli and that they've made an €80 million bid for him but he's linked with Inter and Liverpool as well. So maybe Alfie is on a list of potential targets to replace Milik, who seems to be heading to Juve.

It’s clear he’s desperate to get away now, fair enough. Get a good wedge in and get a couple of class players with the cash

It’s clear he wants to go, he wouldn’t let his agent tout him to clubs otherwise. If we get a decent offer in then I’d let him go with our best wishes. I’m sure Gerrard has had many discussions with Ross Wilson on a number of potential replacements.

I will be sort of sad when he goes, but I think he's fell out of love for us to a degree, football wise. His performances in the league last season left a lot to be desired at times but his EL exploits showed how good a player he is and can be. His ill discipline and referees desire to book him at every turn, undoubtedly cost us points. We shouldn't have been a one man team but we were. I wish him the absolute best when he goes. He will be a top player.

If we get big money for him it could be a blessing in disguise if he goes.
If we invest it properly.

Last edited:
Rumours in France are that Victor Osimhen is linked with Napoli and that they've made an €80 million bid for him but he's linked with Inter and Liverpool as well. So maybe Alfie is on a list of potential targets to replace Milik, who seems to be heading to Juve.
Afredo could quite easily be his replacement there @ Lille and we'd do alright out of it. Just shows how far out the picture financially Scottish footballer is.

Back