Morelos and Headers

HiHi Bear

Both games we have dropped points (Livi and Hibs) Alfie has missed sitters from six yards with his poor headers!
A weak part of his game and maybe a reason not too many offers coming in for his services.
He needs to put in the hard work in this area if he wants to play at a higher level than SPFL!

Both games we have dropped points (Livi and Hibs) Alfie has missed sitters from six yards with his poor headers!
A weak part of his game and maybe a reason not too many offers coming in for his services.
He needs to put in the hard work in this area if he wants to play at a higher level than SPFL!

I'll just say Feyenoord away last November for you to ponder over.

Last edited:
If we’re being honest it’s biscuit tin stuff that sometimes comes off. He’s hardly DJ or Hately. I’d say McCoist was a better header of the ball.

If we’re being honest it’s biscuit tin stuff that sometimes comes off. He’s hardly DJ or Hately. I’d say McCoist was a better header of the ball.
And look at the size of morelos s heid to allys.
But look at the service ally got, cooper, walters, huistra, hately etc
The service to morelos yesterday was poor.

Definately an area that he needs to work on. Yes he scored a couple of cracking headers in Europe but Laudrup scored a peach to win 9 in a row, doesn't mean he was good at heading in general.

He’s always been like that, most strikers are.

Just when it happens to the wee fella, it’s in big games and it’s costly. See a lot of games against the Tims as a prime example

He’s always been like that, most strikers are.

Just when it happens to the wee fella, it’s in big games and it’s costly. See a lot of games against the Tims as a prime example

Alfie missing that header yesterday didn't cost us that game. Should he have scored from it? Yeah he should have but to say its costly is nonsense .

He has scored headers in big games like Legia Warsaw like Feyernoord but guess with you relentlessly posting about wanting him gone then I guess that doesn't suit the argument.

This calendar year, his overall play and contribution has been pretty poor.

Genuinely don't think we will miss him as much as many think when he leaves.

We had been doing fine without him and looked more fluid up top. Yesterday was back to the usual turgid display in final third.

Scored some cracking headers in the past e.g vs Feyenoord.

Unfortunately his timing seems to be off hence the poor miss. Much like the rest of his game at the moment

I’ve said it for a while now

At times he looks superb, other times he looks like an amateur player.

I genuinely can’t figure out how he can stick away the type of headers he did against Feyenoord, genuine top drawer finishing. And then the two he had yesterday, the 1 early doors it was harder to miss. He totally fluffed it.

In the second half he had another header which was more of a half chance and he completely missed the target.

I can’t figure it out. I don’t expect strikers to score every chance but some of the chances he misses are harder to miss than score. It’s as though he has a brain fart and loses concentration.

Whichever club he goes to he won't get as many chances created for him as he does at Rangers. Or come up against such poor defences.

IMO he is not clinical enough and that will be proven when he moves on.

His composure also needs a dramatic improvement.

I genuinely can’t figure out how he can stick away the type of headers he did against Feyenoord, genuine top drawer finishing. And then the two he had yesterday, the 1 early doors it was harder to miss. He totally fluffed it.

In the second half he had another header which was more of a half chance and he completely missed the target.

I can’t figure it out. I don’t expect strikers to score every chance but some of the chances he misses are harder to miss than score. It’s as though he has a brain fart and loses concentration.

It’s purely because he’s still young and Raw and learning the trade. He’s doing the strikers job himself and having to carry a whole team at times by himself . It’s got to be massive pressure. That’s the fault of the management however by either not changing it up to give him a partner or indeed giving him a break however.

There's a bit of Kenny Miller in him to be honest and I say that as someone who is a huge Alfie fan. When he has time to think about it he fluffs it but when he doesn't thats when he's clinical his goal yesterday was an example of it.

Airfield missed the biggest sitter yesterday. Alfie tucked away hy far the hardest chance.

We had been doing fine without him and looked more fluid up top. Yesterday was back to the usual turgid display in final third.
He scored yesterday.

Both his replacements have been or are injured and look like they'll need considerable time to score 15-20 goals.

We will be far weaker without Morelos - and will need to go back into the transfer market.

Nonsense!
He's scored loads of headers, including difficult finishes, e.g. Feyernoord away. He's even scored a header this season (against St Mirren) despite not having had much game time.

Both his replacements have been or are injured and look like they'll need considerable time to score 15-20 goals.

We will be far weaker without Morelos - and will need to go back into the transfer market.
Get the money in and reinvest in another forward and at least one midfielder.

I'm genuinely not particularly concerned at the prospect of him leaving.

I take it you don't rate Alfie then?

I take it you don't rate Alfie then?
I rate him and he has been good for us at times.

But I don't think we will miss him as much as many say. Since January he has not been amazing, to say the least.

Apart from his tap in yesterday he barely looked a threat.

The time is right for him to move on and for us to get our money in.

Morelos is many, many good things as a striker, but a really good header of the ball is not one of them.

Churlish to dispute that.

For someone who I will admit isn’t phenomenal in the air, for quite a small guy (he is 5’9 I believe, maybe 5’10) he has scored a decent amount of them (16 out of his 82). I agree in terms of XG he probably should have scored more but I think he is fairly competent.

The fact he usually gets on the end of them at corners in some way is testament to his movement and desire, for example his goal against St Mirren was labelled as a tap in here by some but it was anything but.

The Feyenoord second is genuine world class stuff.

Last edited:
Yesterday was a sitter and hes done similar in the past but one of his headers away to Feyenoord is one of the best headed goals Ive ever seen.

He has a tendency to snatch at sitters, but make the hard stuff look easy.

Alfredo can be a bit hit and miss with his headers but overall is fairly decent in the air and scored some huge headers for us and really good ones at that. It's not exclusive to him look at the two first half headers Roofe missed in Gibraltar.

It’s so frustrating, especially when you know he’s capable.

look at the 2 heeders in Rotterdam, sublime

Can't knock him for overall goalscoring prowess. CFs miss chances sure, but that one was really poor and other posters are right by saying that won't win him any admirers in Europe's big leagues. That being said, won't point the finger too much because there's no legislating for shocking linesmen who can't spot and offside AND a foul in the same sequence of play.

Unfortunately some strikers are not good with headers. He's scored a few key ones for us in Europe in particular but it's one of those things.

Back