Morelos and Herrera Front Pairing?

Said on another thread yesterday that Miller should be an impact sub and that's it. He's still got rapid pace for 15/20 minute and could really hurt teams when they tire.

For me, Herrera and Morelos should be our first choice strikers - and tbh, I think they are and we'll see that as the season moves along.

I'd like them to get a run of games together before the old firm match so they can build up an understanding.

4-4-2 against the bheggars is just asking for trouble. The midfield will be second best for the majority of the game. The defence will be far too exposed.

Id start that partnership against Dundee and see how it develops.
But if Pedro is going to play Miller against celtic then i see him starting on Saturday.

Miller should only now be considered as an impact sub. He has become a hindrance at times to our play and congests the midfield.

Thread will go in circles, if Herrera and Morelos start say the next 2 games together and one of them doesn't score, then the calls will come for Miller to be back in due to the big game coming up.

Miller will start that game later in the month

I hope we start on Saturday with both up front and I'd also like to see Pena start to see how he fares in 90mins

I'd like to see them getting a chance together on Saturday. Either that or try Pena just off Morelos.

Would like to see them get a run together and start developing a partnership. Still like Miller but his time as an automatic starter has to be up.

Not for me

Miller retains the jersey. He and Morelos are our two best options. Especially with an OF game coming
I'm on board with this train of thought,it was great to see Herrera with a composed strike for his goal but the fact remains he didn't have to break stride,Wallace played it right into his path and he struck it cleanly first time and fair play to him for that.........but the rest of his appearance he still looked like he was running in Glue and clearly isn't up to a full 90 minutes.

It wouldn't be Earth shattering if Pedro starts him based on his g
oal, but for me it would be surprising.

Miller definitely needs dropped but I don't think it is going to happen. Pedro seems to rate and trust him.

At one point it seemed as though Pedro wasn't keen on offering Kenny a deal, now he seems undroppable. Hopefully this changes on Saturday

I c ur mention of declan john can u tell me if he is 2 footed cause i think we miss tjat with wallace on the left
I'm in the dark about the boy so sorry I can't tell you, we might see him on Saturday hopefully, others might be able to fill you in on the lad

Miller has looked poor so far this season and i fear his legs may have gone. He shouldn't be playing the full 90mins that's for sure and we need to ease him out the team sooner rather than later.

If Eduardo is fit then he should play alongside Goleador

This is what I'm most intrigued to see. Hopefully big Carlos has been bursting a bollock during the international break to get himself up to speed for this next run of games.
Well there havent been any nasty rumours about him since we Newco, long may that continue

Both should start against Dundee as they need to build on their partnership up front. Only game time will do this.
Miller should be cover and on the bench.

They should but, won't.

The shoehorning of Miller has potential to cost PC his job. He is past it and the mhanks will have a field day with him.

Morelos should be first pick, Herrera 2nd. I would prefer to see a 4-2-3-1 though with Pena, Dorrans and Candeias as the creative 3.

I'm on board with this train of thought,it was great to see Herrera with a composed strike for his goal but the fact remains he didn't have to break stride,Wallace played it right into his path and he struck it cleanly first time and fair play to him for that.........but the rest of his appearance he still looked like he was running in Glue and clearly isn't up to a full 90 minutes.

It wouldn't be Earth shattering if Pedro starts him based on his g
oal, but for me it would be surprising.

There's a good chance Miller would have missed the Herrera chance.

Just like he missed against Motherwell, Hibs and Hearts...

Needs dropped, not the best option in any of the positions he has featured in this season.

Miller needs to be benched and Herrera and Morelos need to be given a chance together.
The big man took his goal well against County, hopefully, some confidence and match sharpness will help him.

Aye would definitely like to see them both up front. With the way the manager seems to favour getting the ball out wide and getting crosses in I think Herrera's height is needed up front.

I like what I've seen of both of them and think Herrera would be a more effective foil for Morelos than Miller. Dundee at home is a good opportunity to try it out and also to give Pena his first start to make things even more interesting.

I've got to say I'd prefer to see Miller's role become more of a sub one now.

His over-eagerness to get involved with play looks to have seem him no longer able to stick to playing the position he is meant to be in, he wanders all over the field and often leaves the side un-balanced. It reminds me of a young kid just looking to get involved. I understand why he did it at times last year, due to frustration that we couldn't get the ball up to him, but there isn't an excuse for still doing it this season when we have the quality to get the ball to the front men, and ultimately it's becoming a problem as it leaves whoever is meant to be partnering him, cutting a lonely figure up top and with a much harder job to do.

Nail on the head.

I feel Miller just gets in the way of play now. He just isn't offering anything to the team and the fact he pitches in with a goal now and then isn't good enough considering when he isn't scoring he's doing little else. Herrera and Morelos would be a far superior option - mainly because they'll focus on the job at hand rather than doing what they please, to the detriment of the team.

Miller has been fantastic for Rangers. I emphasise the "has" part. He'll still be useful as an impact sub now doubt but if he continues to get his guaranteed start he will just slow the team down.

Miller is shite, he holds us back and fucks up the shape of our team, Herrera and Morelos is a must or even Pena playing off the striker.

Would love to see Pena come in and play behind Morelos but doubt that will happen. Miller needs to be dropped plain and simple as he slows our play down when he drops deep. So hopefully we do get to see Herrera and Morelos up top.

Back