Morelos and the Scottish media.

Grigo Yossarian

You are correct.

however the sad reality is it wasn’t just the media who were crucifying him last season, plenty on here were sticking the boot in and wanting rid, mainly due to his discipline issues which he has now thankfully sorted out.
some of the stuff written by bears after his red card at the piggery was unreal.
Agree Barry.

The funny thing was when you calmed down & watched it again he struck broon with his arm on the chest. He didn’t elbow him in the face as was made out. Genuinely in the cold light of day it was never a red card.

The Double A Man

Clearly been schooled by a wise head,probably Gerard.The penny has dropped that if he screws the nut and improves his performances(which he has)the top English teams will show interest in him.My bet is Liverpool are waiting in the wings.Let's face it.He's a raw talent, but once surrounded by better players he will go on leaps and bounds.

AzorIbrox

I'm absolutely buzzing for the Buffalo and the way he's turned it around. We all knew we had a player from the first time we saw him, just extremely rough around the edges.

I stuck by him through the majority of his red cards last season because they were petulant more than violent. They were him reacting to being provoked and kicked the whole game. The papers blackened his name as much as they could with 'Psycho', 'Animal' etc. Sutton would call him 'Buffalo Brains' on TV. Tam McManus, Tom English n Co would laugh off any transfer valuation on Twitter. All these things add up and create a narrative.

I'll admit I thought he was finished after Parkhead but whatever happened after that, whether it was the Copa America snub or if the club helped him has paid dividends. We're now seeing the complete striker we all knew he could be.

Him leaving will get the club on an even footing again, it will balance the books but what a gigantic hole it will leave in the team.

Grigo Yossarian

I'm absolutely buzzing for the Buffalo and the way he's turned it around. We all knew we had a player from the first time we saw him, just extremely rough around the edges.

I stuck by him through the majority of his red cards last season because they were petulant more than violent. They were him reacting to being provoked and kicked the whole game. The papers blackened his name as much as they could with 'Psycho', 'Animal' etc. Sutton would call him 'Buffalo Brains' on TV. Tam McManus, Tom English n Co would laugh off any transfer valuation on Twitter. All these things add up and create a narrative.

I'll admit I thought he was finished after Parkhead but whatever happened after that, whether it was the Copa America snub or if the club helped him has paid dividends. We're now seeing the complete striker we all knew he could be.

Him leaving will get the club on an even footing again, it will balance the books but what a gigantic hole it will leave in the team.
The way he leads us we will really really miss him, not just his goals.

jexx

Shameful the way he has been treated. Our game is dying on it's a*se, and the pundits slate a world class striker because he plays for Rangers. Some of them really should climb out of Lawell a*se.

Tony75tfc

When was the last time we had one of the best strikers in europe playing in the scottish league ? The media in this country are always telling us how shite our game is well if they promoted our game better and celebrated the fact we have morelos playing in our league instead of printing the usual shite

Buster

He has had so many slanders from these so called football pundits in any other country it would be classed as racist but he has just kept his head down and not taken the bait .
The worst incident was I think it was at Tannadice with the banner about his mother or sister written in Spanish that was disgusting and did the press call them out about it NO .

geoallison

Shameful the way he has been treated. Our game is dying on it's a*se, and the pundits slate a world class striker because he plays for Rangers. Some of them really should climb out of Lawell a*se.
They are so far up it now there is a log jam, they are right where they belong, in the shite.

See see see see see
Clearly been schooled by a wise head,probably Gerard.The penny has dropped that if he screws the nut and improves his performances(which he has)the top English teams will show interest in him.My bet is Liverpool are waiting in the wings.Let's face it.He's a raw talent, but once surrounded by better players he will go on leaps and bounds.
If Liverpool are waiting in the wings l sincerely hope that the club play hardball as much as Liverpool did over Kent.

jackstar

Well said.

The medias problem though is the Club.

If Morelos was playing for any other team he'd be getting bigged up something rotten.

The media have an agenda against the Club, Morelos treatment is a byproduct of it.
Maybe that's why the papers seem to be full of"he'll be away in January" type of vibe to unsettle him in some way. I don't trust anything they write about our Club,there is an agenda still.

magicoop

Agree Barry.

The funny thing was when you calmed down & watched it again he struck broon with his arm on the chest. He didn’t elbow him in the face as was made out. Genuinely in the cold light of day it was never a red card.
Brown's initial fly kick then reaction got Alfie sent off. Yet not one of our impartial press called the wee cheat out on it. In fact did some not hail him as being clever ffs?

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
I’d love it if when the time finally comes for him to leave, after never speaking to them and doing the whole “not confident in English thing” he fired a parting shot at them saying “get it up ye ya bunch of fannies”