Morelos and the Scottish media.

buster60

The way the Scottish media treated Morelos last season was an absolute disgrace. They did everything but crucify the boy and they were aided and abetted by the referees who never gave him one single decision all year. It just shows what absolute character the lad has shown that this season he has totally dominated the game here in Scotland and in Europe despite how he has been vilified here in our country..
He's made them eat their words. I just hope a lot of them choked on them. Their fear that he was someone special has come to be.
All I can say is well done Alfredo. We are soooo proud of you.

Not so much eating their words, he’s a Rangers player which is why they put him down, irrespective of his skill.

They will continue to put him down no matter how well he does eg Kris Commons saying he’s disrespecting us by “angling” for a move down south in January, despite never having said such a thing.

It’s purely down to the colours he wears and who he scores goals for.

The thing is...the negativity and unfair treatment he received in bonnie scotland could have thrown the boy down the wrong road. A form of racism which he overcame thanks to the help and guidance from staff and friends at Rangers FC.
El Bufalo deserves an apology from the mainstream mentally challenged media, but that won't come as they are racist cunts from the off and nothing will ever change them.
Bastards the lot of them.

The way the Scottish media treated Morelos last season was an absolute disgrace. They did everything but crucify the boy and they were aided and abetted by the referees who never gave him one single decision all year. It just shows what absolute character the lad has shown that this season he has totally dominated the game here in Scotland and in Europe despite how he has been vilified here in our country..
He's made them eat their words. I just hope a lot of them choked on them. Their fear that he was someone special has come to be.
The same media tonight called James Forrest a “goal machine “

The attitude of the press/media towards Morelos last season was racist. The same allegation could be levelled at refs and opposition fans. He reacted to this (could you blame him). He is a different player this season. Influenced by Defoe? One way or another we have an outstanding centre forward on our hands. Those who were on his case last season can just suck it up. Well done Alfredo.

Well said.

The medias problem though is the Club.

If Morelos was playing for any other team he'd be getting bigged up something rotten.

The media have an agenda against the Club, Morelos treatment is a byproduct of it.

I know we've stopped singing no one likes us,but maybe we should remember the words because they're probably looking at us on here going on about them and having a laugh.
Ignore them and they'll need to go elsewhere for their giggles.

The thing is...the negativity and unfair treatment he received in bonnie scotland could have thrown the boy down the wrong road. A form of racism which he overcame thanks to the help and guidance from staff and friends at Rangers FC.
El Bufalo deserves an apology from the mainstream mentally challenged media, but that won't come as they are racist cunts from the off and nothing will ever change them.

Absolute testament to his strength of character that he’s never let it bother him.

Honestly, his current form and valuation will be eating them up inside, especially on a night where their golden boy passed up golden chances.

They are now irrelevant. Morelos is scoring on a stage that gets Paul Ince saying Man Utd could be doing with him. Portuguese journalists eulogising. Throughout Europe he has become one of the hottest properties. Their parochial bigoted shite has lost currency . Morelos is the biggest deal in Scottish football despite their attempts.

Absolute testament to his strength of character that he’s never let it bother him.

Honestly, his current form and valuation will be eating them up inside, especially on a night where their golden boy passed up golden chances.
And maybe we should use him as an example and stop letting it bother us.

They tried to bury the wee guy last season now there all greeting because he wants nothing to do with them
They are trying to change the narrative to one of where he brought it on himself by not talking to them. This will be repeated until it is accepted as fact by the mindless majority (and there's more than a few on here who "think" whatever it is the press tell them
I genuinely believe in 5 years or so he is going to be one of the top players at one of the top clubs in Europe
A smart Scottish journalist could have had him on speed dial
Insteadv they will be outside the shop with their nose pressed against the window working with official press releases only
That is the price they pay for their bigotry

Who’s bothered? He’s scoring every single week and his valuation is rising just as quickly. Our fans don’t have anything to be bothered by, we’re winning this one and merely laughing at these morons in the press.
How many times have there been posts on here moaning about what the media are saying about rangers.
I'm pretty sure they have a look on here and have a snigger at getting some wound up. All I'm saying is their best ignored. We have no reason to be wound up by these clowns,just get on with the business which is going very well.

That article that Keith Jackson done on Morelos was one of the worst I have ever seen , his references to Colombian drug cartels, because of where Morelos came from was disgusting and Jackson should be reminded about it at every turn. This was a young guys welcome to Scotland ,if he had signed for septic it would have been totally different. Why was there nothing said about it.,

That article that Keith Jackson done on Morelos was one of the worst I have ever seen , his references to Colombian drug cartels, because of where Morelos came from was disgusting and Jackson should be reminded about it at every turn. This was a young guys welcome to Scotland ,if he had signed for septic it would have been totally different. Why was there nothing said about it.,
How he wasn't punished and tarred for that article is baffling. The SNP and Scotland like to kid on it is a progressive country but only when it suits them, he rolled out every stereo type about Colombia and used it as a way to beat down Alfie. Again how that made it to print is downright disgusting. Also Leckie's article about a new year old firm match a few years ago was also utterly abhorrent, using Rangers not scoring as a tool to label Alfie all sorts of bizarre and small minded things. They are not fit for purpose.

Best player in Scotland since Jelavic, in fact I think Morelos is a more complete player. The media in scotland are embarrassing themselves with there blatant bias.

They tried , and failed to force him out of Scotland with an unprecedented campaign of vilification,lies and ill-disguised hatred. (of all the hundreds of footballers who have plied their trade, including some real thugs and thoroughly unpleasant people, no-one has had a fraction of what was aimed at Alfredo)
Why? for reasons of bigotry and racism? Because he plays for Rangers? The sad thing is, in wee Nikla's Peoples Republic of Schottland, it is exactly the same.

Last edited:
I dont tend to follow the the teams that Rangers players leave us for.

But does anyone else feel they will be keeping an eye on whichever teams he goes to throughout life as his value increases?

Last season a young Columbian player who does not speak the lingo, gets the shit kicked out of him week in week out by thugs who have just been introduced to a football, he does not understand that Scottish refs will offer him no protection whatsoever, of his red cards last season perhaps one was merited, he did not injure anyone or intend to injure anyone, yet the press portrayed him as a serial killer, why? rhetorical question but the boy was a threat and a valuable asset, and worst of all he played for Rangers, Alfredo does not need the shitty press to inflate his valuation his talent and his strength of character will see to that, the press instead of understanding a stranger in a foreign land have crucified the boy, which in my mind is the very essence of racism.

They'll each write a positive story weeks before the end of season saying how he's turned it around.
And claim they were right all along. No shame.

I love Alfredo Morelos.

He has made so many people eat their words. Outstanding work ethic & outstanding strength of character.
You are correct.

however the sad reality is it wasn’t just the media who were crucifying him last season, plenty on here were sticking the boot in and wanting rid, mainly due to his discipline issues which he has now thankfully sorted out.
some of the stuff written by bears after his red card at the piggery was unreal.

You are correct.

however the sad reality is it wasn’t just the media who were crucifying him last season, plenty on here were sticking the boot in and wanting rid, mainly due to his discipline issues which he has now thankfully sorted out.
some of the stuff written by bears after his red card at the piggery was unreal.

Agree Barry.

The funny thing was when you calmed down & watched it again he struck broon with his arm on the chest. He didn’t elbow him in the face as was made out. Genuinely in the cold light of day it was never a red card.

Clearly been schooled by a wise head,probably Gerard.The penny has dropped that if he screws the nut and improves his performances(which he has)the top English teams will show interest in him.My bet is Liverpool are waiting in the wings.Let's face it.He's a raw talent, but once surrounded by better players he will go on leaps and bounds.

I'm absolutely buzzing for the Buffalo and the way he's turned it around. We all knew we had a player from the first time we saw him, just extremely rough around the edges.

I stuck by him through the majority of his red cards last season because they were petulant more than violent. They were him reacting to being provoked and kicked the whole game. The papers blackened his name as much as they could with 'Psycho', 'Animal' etc. Sutton would call him 'Buffalo Brains' on TV. Tam McManus, Tom English n Co would laugh off any transfer valuation on Twitter. All these things add up and create a narrative.

I'll admit I thought he was finished after Parkhead but whatever happened after that, whether it was the Copa America snub or if the club helped him has paid dividends. We're now seeing the complete striker we all knew he could be.

Him leaving will get the club on an even footing again, it will balance the books but what a gigantic hole it will leave in the team.

I'm absolutely buzzing for the Buffalo and the way he's turned it around. We all knew we had a player from the first time we saw him, just extremely rough around the edges.

I stuck by him through the majority of his red cards last season because they were petulant more than violent. They were him reacting to being provoked and kicked the whole game. The papers blackened his name as much as they could with 'Psycho', 'Animal' etc. Sutton would call him 'Buffalo Brains' on TV. Tam McManus, Tom English n Co would laugh off any transfer valuation on Twitter. All these things add up and create a narrative.

I'll admit I thought he was finished after Parkhead but whatever happened after that, whether it was the Copa America snub or if the club helped him has paid dividends. We're now seeing the complete striker we all knew he could be.

Him leaving will get the club on an even footing again, it will balance the books but what a gigantic hole it will leave in the team.

The way he leads us we will really really miss him, not just his goals.

Shameful the way he has been treated. Our game is dying on it's a*se, and the pundits slate a world class striker because he plays for Rangers. Some of them really should climb out of Lawell a*se.

When was the last time we had one of the best strikers in europe playing in the scottish league ? The media in this country are always telling us how shite our game is well if they promoted our game better and celebrated the fact we have morelos playing in our league instead of printing the usual shite

He has had so many slanders from these so called football pundits in any other country it would be classed as racist but he has just kept his head down and not taken the bait .
The worst incident was I think it was at Tannadice with the banner about his mother or sister written in Spanish that was disgusting and did the press call them out about it NO .

Shameful the way he has been treated. Our game is dying on it's a*se, and the pundits slate a world class striker because he plays for Rangers. Some of them really should climb out of Lawell a*se.
They are so far up it now there is a log jam, they are right where they belong, in the shite.

Back