Morelos Appeal Rejected

Iirc they have said previously they can onlu
Use “real time” footage

So with that being said then the footage from behind the goal wouldn’t count as it was slow motion wasn’t it?

The footage wasn't recorded in slow motion. It was slowed down for the viewer, surely the club would have access to the footage in real time?

The footage wasn't recorded in slow motion. It was slowed down for the viewer, surely the club would have access to the footage in real time?
No idea mate I’m not even sure that’s the reason just the only thing I can think of

Listen I knew they couldn't overturn that card.
If they had they were hanging Clancy from the nearest tree and that's never happening is it, same scenario as Candias blowing kisses.
We all seen it from behind the goal stone waller.
Let's hope we don't see Clancy again this season!

The club have an open goal here, to publicly condemn the referee and the appeal process. Not only does the video evidence confirm that the referee made an error. This is then compounded by the appeal panel supporting his decision.
It is incomprhensible how and why the appeal when presented with this evidence, came to this conclusion.

biggest f uckin travesty I have seen in years, cant believe Im so pissed over this, but bigger picture tells me something is terribly wrong

If they had they were hanging Clancy from the nearest tree and that's never happening is it, same scenario as Candias blowing kisses.

Sadly he will get an OF game no doubt as reward.

Dave King, if you are too busy or whatever you must delegate, the club is desperately in need of a day-to-day leader. Leave the corporate governance and numbers folk where they but FFS give us a CE who isn't afraid to call out the two-tier officiating in this shitehole. Your mind-boggling negligence in this area will drive Gerrard out the door and make it an impossible position to fill.

Last edited:
No way could that be overturned without creating an even bigger shit storm. Really poor decision from Clancy now compounded by another bad decision. This just further undermines the whole system.

Calncy is not a cheat, just a very poor referee very easily influenced. Morelos has to learn though to change the act. He needs to stop the theatrical stuff. Otherwise he is losing his effectiveness.

For that booking he was definitely fouled .. But he could have quite easily got a booking later on for diving
Totally irrelevant to the point of the thread, Morelos is fouled in the box, defender makes no attempt to play the ball, by the rules penalty and red card for defender. What happens later is different because the dynamics of the game have changed. your second comment only reinforces opinions that referees are inconsistent if the second incident you referred to is the same as the first one Alfie was booked for the referee should have been consistent and booked him again.

The club have an open goal here, to publicly condemn the referee and the appeal process. Not only does the video evidence confirm that the referee made an error. This is then compounded by the appeal panel supporting his decision.
It is incomprhensible how and why the appeal when presented with this evidence, came to this conclusion.
Exactly. The first decision by the ref can be explained away as an error or incompetence. However this one is sinister and absolutely reprehensible.

RANGERS. Grow a pair and call out these blatant, corrupt, cheating officials.
We can moan all we like on these forums - nobody’s listening - just laughing up their cuff at us.
They need to do something about it or at renewal time they’ll be losing a lot of season tickets. I’ve paid hard earned money to watch this just to get shafted. What’s the point.
And don’t dare call me a fair weather supporter - been going since the 70s and during the 80s when a few thousand attended. RTID.

He clearly had his arms around morelos, how could they reject the appeal! This can only be trolling now surely!

tenor.gif

it wasn't a penalty. and he went down too easily. should have stayed on his feet. this is not proof of any conspiracy.

Calncy is not a cheat, just a very poor referee very easily influenced. Morelos has to learn though to change the act. He needs to stop the theatrical stuff. Otherwise he is losing his effectiveness.
Please stop posting pish. If Clancy, McLean and the rest were just poor and not corrupt than it wouldn't be so one-sided, would it?
PS - I'm not interested in the opinion of other teams fans.

Of course, this.
However, that we should have this corrupt outcome spelled out to us in giant letters with an air of, Don't you cvunts understand, we don't fckn like you and we won't give you fckall now fck off!
Should be the last straw for the club.
Call them out, tell them and the world that we know what their game is, and go to war, go to war with the bastrds and make them sick of us.
Because to be honest, I would rather watch Rangers in the lower leagues of England than continue to hold my nose over the stench of hatred and putrid foulness that emanates from the game in Scotland.

Besides it should have been a penalty for us, the Morelos booking was heavily ironic considering how many times he was being fouled by the same opponent before any action was taken on that player. Hats off to Morelos aswell, because he rose to the challenge and played his normal game and didn't let those fouls bother him in that respect.

Again, they are openly cheating and laughing in our face.

Again, the proposal for Rangers to boycott matches looks less crazy by the week.

Seriously, what can the club do to stand any chance against open cheating against us?

it wasn't a penalty. and he went down too easily. should have stayed on his feet. this is not proof of any conspiracy.
Seriously!!!!!!!

Apart from the fact you're wrong even if you were right that still doesn't mean it should be a booking it was clear there was contact!

Stunning. When even the BBC commentator is saying 'that looks like a penalty' then you know its a stick-on. The footage from behind the goal is clear as day.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47450648

Kilmarnock and Scotland defender Stephen O'Donnell on Sportsound

I've got sympathy for the referee because I've played against Morelos. He's always at the heart of things and maybe his reputation hasn't helped him, but the referee gets one look and has to make a quick decision.

It is also about time The Club knocked this "reputation" thing on the head. If referees are booking players because of reputations then the game is truly fecked, we wouldn't even need to play the games. If the referee only concentrates on what he sees and the player is later seen to have conned the referee the penalty for such an offence should be severe and act as a deterrent for future incidents. Then again as long as Sportscene refuse to examine similar incidents involving other team's players e.g. Ryan Christie, the above suggestion would be useless.

The SMSM will not listen to Jim Traynor's club statements the onus is in Stevie Gerrard to make a noise about it. In the same way that sports hacks ask the same questions at each press conference Stevie Gerrard should be repeating the fact that Alfie is being treated unfairly, hence calling out the referees before they start.

No way could that be overturned without creating an even bigger shit storm. Really poor decision from Clancy now compounded by another bad decision. This just further undermines the whole system.

It's not a problem for Scott Sinclair.

Morelos and Rangers are refereed differently - this is the issue.

Seriously, what can the club do to stand any chance against open cheating against us?
Well, I'm no genius but I'd suggest doing something different from what we're currently doing?
As we currently do nothing and cede the authorities carte blanche to do what they want without a squeak from our mouse I'd hazard a guess at appointing a CE who can robustly and astutely champion the club.
Dave King is grossly negligent in this area, I am at a loss, I cannot conceive of a scenario where it's good business practice to allow our enemies to make the club toxic, because that's what's happening.
If King is ignorant of the realities why are the locals who've put money into the club not telling him?[/QUOTE]

How do you know he should have stayed on his feet?
He was accelerating after a ball he may have latched onto and then put past their goalkeeper for a goal to Rangers, at the exact moment of the unexpected and clearly illegal contact putting instant pressure onto the top of his body, the illegal impact on his movement was to upset his finely tuned balance and he fell to the ground.
Is there something here that we have all missed?

Back