Morelos Appeal Rejected

The sky sports article says this:
'The Colombian went down claiming he had been hauled to the ground by Andrew Considine and footage showed there had been some contact between the pair.'

That is an indicator that they know it wasn't a dive

Stunning. When even the BBC commentator is saying 'that looks like a penalty' then you know its a stick-on. The footage from behind the goal is clear as day.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47450648

Compare with their live text, which I’m sure has been edited as I seem to remember during the game it said something about him theatrically throwing himself to the ground.

Alfredo Morelos (Rangers) has gone down, but that's a dive.”

Clancy was never going to be overruled. He is the media golden bhoy ref and heir to the cheating crown currently held by Craig Thomson, who is near to retirement. We are going to be done over by him for years to come.

The club should be asking for clarification on what process was used to come to the judgement - and what evidence they based their decision on - did they see the footage from behind the goals?

Also, it's pretty damning when you see Consadine's reaction. Lewis is right at Morelos with his wagly finger - Consadine just stands staring - more relieved than anything.

I'm also wondering what the feck the lino was doing at the time. From his angle he MUST have seen the arm around the neck. They were the nearest the goal and the lino should have been looking for offside.

Morelos dived here to gain a penalty so the card is fair. Why would an arm around the shoulder make anyone fall to the ground.
It should have been a penalty as well as a booking.
He is now going to ground regularly and will not get the benefit of doubt due to this.

A chance to go after the corrupt compliance officer and call out Clancy

An absolute joke the level of refereeing we’ve endured this season

Morelos dived here to gain a penalty so the card is fair. Why would an arm around the shoulder make anyone fall to the ground.
He is now going to ground regularly and will not get the benefit of doubt due to this.

Are you at the wind-up?
You have to be, surely – because your post is insane.

I don’t think there has ever been in the history of football a decision taken like you’re suggesting.

Let me get this right, are you really saying that Rangers should’ve had a penalty – but Morelos should also have been booked for diving?

That’s it, I’m going back to the thread about the Moët loonies in the lounge...

The club could easily compile a video of every disgraceful decision awarded against us, from this season alone, starting with the ridiculous red card (overturned of course) that Clancy dished out to Morelos on day 1.

@Edweird is doing the club's job for them on this. It should go up on the official website under "how we see it" or similar.
Now posted under "The season in two and a half minutes".

Last edited:
Listen I knew they couldn't overturn that card.
If they had they were hanging Clancy from the nearest tree and that's never happening is it, same scenario as Candias blowing kisses.
We all seen it from behind the goal stone waller.
Let's hope we don't see Clancy again this season!
Or Collumn or McLean or......

Fůck off back to whatever mentally challenged board yourr from!

No way could that be overturned without creating an even bigger shit storm. Really poor decision from Clancy now compounded by another bad decision. This just further undermines the whole system.

Calncy is not a cheat, just a very poor referee very easily influenced. Morelos has to learn though to change the act. He needs to stop the theatrical stuff. Otherwise he is losing his effectiveness.

How would it create a bigger shit storm all they would have to say is the angle the ref was looking it looked like a dive but on reviewing the footage from all angles it's not a dive

I just don't see where we go from here.

Its clear to see we're not getting decisions, even when appealing and presumably presenting solid evidence.

Where do we turn? Media outlets, SFA again, UEFA?

This needs to go to arbitration, as we're not getting a fair hearing of our appeals. Either that, or Alfredo takes out a civil action against the SFA, as he's being accused of cheating, and should be able to clear his name.

we cant let this stand its blatantly a wrong decision even more-so after the replays what else can we do

No way could that be overturned without creating an even bigger shit storm. Really poor decision from Clancy now compounded by another bad decision. This just further undermines the whole system.

Calncy is not a cheat, just a very poor referee very easily influenced. Morelos has to learn though to change the act. He needs to stop the theatrical stuff. Otherwise he is losing his effectiveness.

Your posts really set my spidey-senses tingling.

Having seen the replays, I would say it's a penalty but he goes down theatrically with it. I think (much like the Brophy/Worral one a few weeks back) there's a good shout but the player has effectively conned himself out of a pen by going down too dramatically.

How a review on appeal though can't see the arm round the neck and how it is obstructing his run is beyond me.

I just don't see where we go from here.

Its clear to see we're not getting decisions, even when appealing and presumably presenting solid evidence.

Where do we turn? Media outlets, SFA again, UEFA?
Dave King is now grossly negligent in not appointing someone, ideally a CE, who will address the corruption. How the hell can he put money into an investment and stand idly by whilst it is destroyed?

It’s clear that these rulings are designed to rile and mock us. To even hint at suggesting they are thought out with impartiality is way off the mark. This governing body is totally unfit for the position they hold and must be removed!

It’s clear that these rulings are designed to rile and mock us. To even hint at suggesting they are thought out with impartiality is way off the mark. This governing body is totally unfit for the position they hold and must be removed!
who are they does anyone know?

Fůck off back to whatever mentally challenged board yourr from!

So, just because I am not blinkered I must be a Tim? Sad the way some of our fans think.

Are you at the wind-up?
You have to be, surely – because your post is insane.

I don’t think there has ever been in the history of football a decision taken like you’re suggesting.

Let me get this right, are you really saying that Rangers should’ve had a penalty – but Morelos should also have been booked for diving?

That’s it, I’m going back to the thread about the Moët loonies in the lounge...
I've always though that way. There was a pull around the shoulders by the Aberdeen player but no-where near enough to make Morelos go to ground so I'd be fine with a booking plus penalty.
I've said it many times, I hate players diving, especially our own.

Iirc they have said previously they can onlu
Use “real time” footage

So with that being said then the footage from behind the goal wouldn’t count as it was slow motion wasn’t it?

That footage has been slowed down, so just speed it up and the images still speak for themselves.

I've always though that way. There was a pull around the shoulders by the Aberdeen player but no-where near enough to make Morelos go to ground so I'd be fine with a booking plus penalty.

The rules are: if there's a penalty in the box and there's no attempt by the defender to play the ball then it's a red. So by the letter of the law we should've had a penalty and they should've been down to 10 men.

It is a penalty if he doesn't do the theatrics trying to win it rather than just being fouled.

Tin hat well and truly on but the reason we didn't get the penalty was the reaction of going down so theatrical.

It is a penalty if he doesn't do the theatrics trying to win it rather than just being fouled.

Tin hat well and truly on but the reason we didn't get the penalty was the reaction of going down so theatrical.

The 'reaction' and everything else you refer to doesn't matter. The only question the officials have to ask themselves is whether a foul was committed. If it was (and we know it was) then its a penalty. Nothing thereafter matters. Play is stopped - or should be -as soon as the referee blows for the penalty.

Last edited:
Dave King is now grossly negligent in not appointing someone, ideally a CE, who will address the corruption. How the hell can he put money into an investment and stand idly by whilst it is destroyed?
Have to agree mate.

He needs to take a strong course of action soon. If he doesn't he's letting the shareholders down on the business side and letting the fans down on the football side.

I hope now , the club nail the SFA. We are being cheated and even after proving Alfie was held, they still fc-k us. A shambles of an organisation.

Have to agree mate.

He needs to take a strong course of action soon. If he doesn't he's letting the shareholders down on the business side and letting the fans down on the football side.

If any prospective investors due diligence involves looking at how the business is regarded in it's home operating environment they'll keep their money in the bank.
How can King not see the end-game here?

Dave King, if you are too busy or whatever you must delegate, the club is desperately in need of a day-to-day leader. Leave the corporate governance and numbers folk where they but FFS give us a CE who isn't afraid to call out the two-tier officiating in this shitehole. Your mind-boggling negligence in this area will drive Gerrard out the door and make it an impossible position to fill.
Great point. If you're playing games you're not allowed to win, what's the point in playing? Let's give the ref the benefit of the doubt on the night. But the review panel? Nah. An impossible conclusion

Clancey looks like that school wain who is the wee jake out of the class, Greasy looking, Bogging clothes, nae pals, an utter outcast. While all the other wains are in designer gear.

I bet we get a penalty at the weekend or even two of them to try and ward this off

such a shame we can't just come out and say that Clancy is a cheat alongside McLean

Clancy was never going to be overruled. He is the media golden bhoy ref and heir to the cheating crown currently held by Craig Thomson, who is near to retirement. We are going to be done over by him for years to come.
I think they didn't overrule it because if they had they were admitting that Rangers should have had a penalty, a possible red card for the Aberdeen player and Rangers being potentially back in the game at 1-1. They are cowards.

So, just because I am not blinkered I must be a Tim? Sad the way some of our fans think.

So stupid its actually funny.

I would call another press conference for next week, and similar to the Bielsa one at Leeds recently, sit the media down and go through a detailed presentation of that and the other incidents recently such as the McLean performance last Friday.

Back them up into a corner, hit them with the evidence and see what happens. We’re far too passive right now, and we’ll continue to get bent over until we show we won’t take it.

I would call another press conference for next week, and similar to the Bielsa one at Leeds recently, sit the media down and go through a detailed presentation of that and the other incidents recently such as the McLean performance last Friday.

Back them up into a corner, hit them with the evidence and see what happens. We’re far too passive right now, and we’ll continue to get bent over until we show we won’t take it.
We either do as you say , or accept it.
That's our only 2 options

Back