Morelos, Cardoso and Jack contracts

Keltygeorge

i believe these 3 guys only got 3 year deals and think we should try tie them down on longer contracts already. I understand 3 year gives the club a bit security that if they are total flops, they havent got 5 year deals to pay up but you can see already that these 3 can make Rangers alot of money only if they have long contracts. If we get a good 2 seasons out them and they wont renew we have the Barry McKay situation all over again. A good player going for less than his valuation only because they only have one year left. For what its worth i would give Tav a new deal aswell.

Assess at Christmas time and if necessary offer them an extra year to give us that security. Morelos will already have gained interest for his goals alone

We probably should be looking to offer new deals to players we want to keep 2 years before their current deals expire.
Aye thats what i was getting at mate. The 2 year period is only next summer. On the playing front i think we want a couple of years at least out then before moving them on.

I thought Cardoso is only on loan for some reason?

No he's ours. We paid just over a million for him I'm sure.

We should be looking to give all three players the OP mentions a pay rise and an extra couple of years at the end of the season if they continue with these performances.

Its a fine balance between securing good potential and being trapped with a dud that looked good in the first few months. I agree we should look to tie up these players for longer as I didn't see any of those turning out like Forrester.

Reassess at the end of the season.

No rush at present.

We signed Forrester on 4 years after 3 good months.

Back