Morelos - Congratulations

Alfie showed just how good a goalscorer he is. Took the goal brilliantly but still needs to calm down a bit - hopefully he’ll be in control next season and realise the best way to respond to both physical and verbal abuse is to put our opponents to the sword.

The opposition hate him.....the way they carry on is appalling....and reffed very much to a different standard than the other players.....Stevie G get Alfie in and out the team . Rotate him with Defoe, oh and Alfie keep banging in the goals son.......

if he does end up going, hopefully he gets a league where the media is not aimed at belittling him every chance they get simply because of the shirt he wears and where the refs give him a fair chance and don't mark his card as soon as the game begins

first player since Kris Boyd to get 30 for Rangers in a season, well done wee man

Is it cynical to suggest that while no fan would be unhappy to see us equalise, there were a few who were probably a few thinking “great, but I wish it was anyone but him” when he scored today?

Actually it’s not cynical, that was almost certainly the case.

Last edited:
30 goals, 12 more than last season and he has improved beyond all recognition in the past 12 months. His attitude, effort and even his workrate have went up a notch. He deserves enormous credit as do Gerrard and the coaching team who have went to bat for him from day one.

I genuinely hope the kid screws the nut because the talent and potential is there to take him as far as he wants.

He has been an outstanding piece of business by the club.

Is it cynical to suggest that while no fan would be unhappy to see us equalise, there were a few who were probably a few thinking “great, but I wish it was anyone but him” when he scored today?

Actually it’s not cynical, that was almost certainly the case.
Nobody normal no.

The unhinged who are also going mental over losing a game when we had sent half the first team on holiday, maybe.

Heard one thats £17million from Betis. Not an ITK just what I heard. We'll try get Kent for £6million allegedly.

Most likely just chat so taken with a pinch of salt.

Imagine if he hit penalties as well?

Will be sad to see him go but I think it's the right move. Even today, Kilmarnock were constantly niggling at him and putting pressure on the ref to book him, which he obliged.

His card is marked here.

Back