Morelos disallowed goal vs Killie in February

Hammy

Much difference between Hibs second goal today and this from back in February?

Should’ve won the game, Killie then score soon after and our title challenge is in tatters (Beaton the ref as well).

Remember the usual culprits telling us Morelos had two arms on the Killie defender so shouldn’t have stood, yet will backtrack on the Hibs one no doubt! Not much difference really.

Just tired of the inconsistency.

3.55 minutes in (click on the video title it will take you through to YouTube, the embed doesn’t work for some reason):

Last edited:
We could be here all night swapping 'inconsistency' stories.

We are being cheated. The evidence is incontrovertible.

But still we berate the team, the manager, the tactics, the pitches whenever we drop points that we would comfortably win if the laws of the game were applied fairly and consistently.

We could be here all night swapping 'inconsistency' stories.

We are being cheated. The evidence is incontrovertible.

But still we berate the team, the manager, the tactics, the pitches whenever we drop points that we would comfortably win if the laws of the game were applied fairly and consistently.
Some still refuse to see it. After the open corruption of Scottish football this year it's fair to say they never will. I can only assume they watch the odd game every couple of months and don't really follow the game.

Video unavailable but sure I remember it. Doesn't help when there's folk like McCoist meant to be on our side but go along with it.

Video unavailable but sure I remember it. Doesn't help when there's folk like McCoist meant to be on our side but go along with it.

If you click on the video title it’ll take you through to the video on YouTube (embeds don’t always work on here for some reason).

In fairness to McCoist, he calls it as he sees it, though I think he does try hard to appear as if he isn’t biased. Such thinking doesn’t come into it for Sutton, Walker etc.

Gerrard should speak up because it will Ultimately cost him his job

There is nothing more certain. I am actually shocked at just how quiet he is when decisions go against us. Perhaps I'm wrong but I get the impression he is the quietest manager in the division at bringibg up these "errors" in after match interviews.

There is nothing more certain. I am actually shocked at just how quiet he is when decisions go against us. Perhaps I'm wrong but I get the impression he is the quietest manager in the division at bringibg up these "errors" in after match interviews.

I think his thinking is he doesn’t want to be called the boy who cried wolf. But he will wee comments here and there but he’ll still get slaughtered for it.

Slaughtered last week for saying Morelos wouldn’t have got away with doing with Edwards did to him last week for example.

Should’ve won the game, Killie then score soon after and our title challenge is in tatters (Beaton the ref as well).

Remember the usual culprits telling us Morelos had two arms on the Killie defender so shouldn’t have stood, yet will backtrack on the Hibs one no doubt! Not much difference really.

3.55 minutes in (click on the video title it will take you through to YouTube, the embed doesn’t work for some reason):

It was the exact same.

sorry is one difference here that is overlooked , you can see the killie player in Alfie’s arch his back like he’s been shoved after Alfie headers it , it didn’t stop they defender getting up to header it , he made a mess of it and acted liked shot, with helander the two hands stop him getting up, yet one stood other didn’t

sorry is one difference here that is overlooked , you can see the killie player in Alfie’s arch his back like he’s been shoved after Alfie headers it , it didn’t stop they defender getting up to header it , he made a mess of it and acted liked shot, with helander the two hands stop him getting up, yet one stood other didn’t

Pathetic bit of play acting which Beaton (remember how he’s pro-Rangers?!!) bought.

Still though, the contact was about the same. Yet when we complained, your Michael Stewart’s, Hugh Keevins etc were telling us to stop complaining. Somehow think they have a different opinion on the Hibs second goal...

Absolutely baffles me why Gerrard, the club, whoever, don't highlight shit like this.

He should also have been all over the stud-rake on Kent which didn't even get a booking. Referees ALWAYS allow these "free hits" on our players and it sets the tone for them to keep doing it.

Also if Morelos had lifted his hands the way Newell did yesterday he would have been off.

Usual suspects on here would have told us how Alfie was a stupid boy to raise his hands.
He’s been silly in the past but he’s refereed to a different standard without a shadow of a doubt

The Killie defender threw himself forward like he’d been pushed, a dive if you like. That made Beaton’s mind up.
It's no mystery where Dario Del Fabro learned to to that. Italians only have themselves to blame for their reputation in the game as expert cheats.

Also if Morelos had lifted his hands the way Newell did yesterday he would have been off.

Usual suspects on here would have told us how Alfie was a stupid boy to raise his hands.

Well you can compare the compare the Porteous off the ball and Hanlon elbow incidents yesterday with Morelos on Scott Brown in March 2019.

In the media Morelos was a silly boy and deserved the red and all that was coming to him. On the other hand you have guys like Michael Stewart/Walker scoffing at the suggestion that either of yesterday’s deliberate incidents were sending offs. Hypocrisy of the highest order.

He is (and we are) judged to a different standard.

You’re bang on. The fact the goal was marginally offside is diverting from the fact it was a blatant foul.

Not going to read through the whole thread but the OP is absolutely spot on.

Same disallowed goal for us last season that stands against us this weekend.

Same (Jack's actually nowhere near as bad) tackle costing us a red card for us last season (or season before?) that goes unpunished against us last weekend.

It's not just a case of inconsistent refereeing in general, it's refereeing US to a different set of rules to everyone else and it's been happening for a long time.

And if Morelos had done that off the ball incident to Porteous he'd have been off in a flash, same with the 'tackle' on him last weekend.

It's a shit show.

Last edited:
Not going to read through the whole thread but the OP is absolutely spot on.

Same disallowed goal for us last season that stands against us this weekend.

Same (Jack's actually nowhere near as bad) tackle costing us a red card for us last season (or season before?) that go unpunished against us last weekend.

It's not just a case of inconsistent refereeing in general, it's refereeing US to a different set of rules to everyone else and it's been happening for a long time.

And if Morelos had done that off the ball incident to Porteous he'd have been off in a flash, same with the 'tackle' on him last weekend.

It's a shit show.

Absolutely right mate.

Seen a lot of pundits rubbishing our call for Porteous to be sent off, the same ones who were branding Morelos a stupid boy for his ‘elbow to the face’ on Brown in March 2019 (didn’t touch the face and made far less contact than Porteous did on him yesterday).

Again, the absolute hypocrisy and rules not being applied or ‘conveniently’ missed.

Can't ignore the next bit in that video which shows the ridiculous goal we conceded.

Original point stands though, the inconsistencies in decisions for us is ridiculous. I still can't get over that Itten booking by clancy a few weeks back.

Can't ignore the next bit in that video which shows the ridiculous goal we conceded.

Original point stands though, the inconsistencies in decisions for us is ridiculous. I still can't get over that Itten booking by clancy a few weeks back.

Goldson losing concentration again leading to a goal. More parallels from that game to yesterday’s than I thought...

I have said this before any 50/50 decision (and many aren't even 50/50) that we are looking for in our favour will go against us at least 90% of the time. There are many examples of this over the past 2 seasons which makes it extremely difficult to get over the line in tight games, however you also have to say Arfield puts away that chance in 2nd half or Goldson doesn't try and pass out on the edge of the box when Hibs are pressing and we don't then need to worry about dodgy decisions.

We’re ref’d to a different standard!

Back