Morelos doesn’t make Colombia Copa America squad

Jjbscotty

That red card seemed to have ruined the chance he had.
D6pLO1_W4AEOUyC

Not great for us if we're wanting to sell this summer, but another tough lesson for the guy and one he'll learn from.

He seriously needs to cut out his petulance or it's going to cost him.

Give us your all for another season, bring us a 55 or a trophy and you'll leave for a bigger league a hero.

Last edited:
Could be a defining moment for him and us- straight away his value drops. I hope he has the mental fortitude to redouble his efforts and make it to the highest level. We should ensure a good selling on clause.

He was called up for the managers first games in charge, so there was obviously a chance.

That was just a meaningless friendly where the manager was taking a look at a few upcoming young players though.

He hasn't even made the final 40 of this squad which includes 6 goalkeepers. Just goes to show how far down the pecking order he really is right now.

Red card wouldn’t have helped but they’d have had a look at him when he was in the squad and obviously decided he wasn’t good enough. Missing that sitter wouldn’t have done him much good either.

In saying that here’s hoping there’s maybe still a chance for him if there are injuries or call offs.

Missing 4 games at the “business end of the season” hasn’t done him any favours.

May not be the only reason but had he played, and played well in those matches..... he would be hard to ignore for a call up.

As it happens, he only has himself to blame. Hopefully he has actually learned this time and matures from it.

There’s always a chance he didn’t make it because they have got a plethora of top class attacking options.

Of course getting sent off and benched for the remaining games in the SPL wouldn’t exactly look great from a coaches POV.

Could be a defining moment for him and us- straight away his value drops. I hope he has the mental fortitude to redouble his efforts and make it to the highest level. We should ensure a good selling on clause.
I can see an argument for being selected increasing his value but how do you work out not being included would see his value drop? :confused:

Loonies that think it’s a game of Championship Manager.

The idea that clubs will now be offering a fortune less because he’s not been called up to sit on the bench behind Zapata, Muriel and Falcao is mind boggling.

His value certainly won’t drop because he hasn’t been called up, it simply will not happen.

People expecting him to go clearly haven’t looked at Duvan Zapata’s form for Atalanta, he’s been sensational this year.

You can imagine the mentally challengeds banging their keyboards with rage in pidgeon Spanish from behind a VPN using Google translate.

Heh ...Compadre. we doh knee no shtingking bashes. That Morelos is an animal que do we show the world with an aggressive footballer in our squad. I won't be supporting our national team of he is in it. So no selecto gringo Huns. Comprênde el Los hijo de puta.

Gutted for the wee man. He deserves to be there with his skill.

The idea that clubs will now be offering a fortune less because he’s not been called up to sit on the bench behind Zapata, Muriel and Falcao is mind boggling.

His value certainly won’t drop because he hasn’t been called up, it simply will not happen.

People expecting him to go clearly haven’t looked at Duvan Zapata’s form for Atalanta, he’s been sensational this year.

Be stunned is more than 5% of the forum know who Zapata is.

There’s always a chance he didn’t make it because they have got a plethora of top class attacking options.

Of course getting sent off and benched for the remaining games in the SPL wouldn’t exactly look great from a coaches POV.
That's my view on it as well,they have some great players up front.

I think folks are mainly just gutted for the lad.

His value clearly isn’t going to be helped by not being in the squad but we all wanted him to be there as it’s clear it meant a lot to him. His value could have went up with a good hiring but the reality is that he’s been on the very fringes of the Colombia squad in any case. No shame in that either.

Only himself to blame

However, we all know how much it means to him so hopefully he screws the nut and comes back more determined next season

I think folks are mainly just gutted for the lad.

His value clearly isn’t going to be helped by not being in the squad but we all wanted him to be there as it’s clear it meant a lot to him. His value could have went up with a good hiring but the reality is that he’s been on the very fringes of the Colombia squad in any case. No shame in that either.

His value could have increased, absolutely. However, it won’t drop due to not being in the squad and those who think it will require a brain donor!

Was never making it even before that I believe.
Why would you believe such a thing?
You’ve no evidence to base this on and what evidence there was pointed to a fairly decent chance for Morelos.
However, if you’re trying to come over as a clever dick and a great seer, keep going.

Why would you believe such a thing?
You’ve no evidence to base this on and what evidence there was pointed to a fairly decent chance for Morelos.
However, if you’re trying to come over as a clever dick and a great seer, keep going.

The fact that he isn't even included in their final 40 should be a massive hint mate. They have an abundance of talent, and I really don't see why they would ever have been planning to take an inexperienced 22 year old playing in Scotland with only a couple of friendly caps to his name to a major tournament - he has yet to even feature in a competitive game for them.

The rest of your post is just unnecessary, but the bottom line is that I do not believe he was ever in serious contention to be called up for this tournament, and I don't think he ever will be until he's playing in a stronger league.

IMO that is the main driving force behind him wanting a move away from here this Summer.

He was a shoe-in for a place in the squad.

Hopefully Alfredos exclusion allows him to take stock of his limitations and he screws the nut. I love him as a player but another season at Ranger's working hard and staying on the pitch may be for the best.

A good young striker with bags of potential who won’t be playing in a summer tournament!
I don’t think clubs will be put off

Surprised he hasn't at least made the provisional squad, time for him to screw the nut and get the head down. Another season with the teddy bears, 40+ goals, title 55 and a few goals in Europa League and he'll force his way back in.

The sending off at Parkhead has really fucked him, all eyes would have been on him that day and he made an arse of it.

On the flip side he may decide to knuckle down and stay here for another year and prove he’s learned his lesson.

The sending off at Parkhead has really fucked him, all eyes would have been on him that day and he made an arse of it.

On the flip side he may decide to knuckle down and stay here for another year and prove he’s learned his lesson.

I’m still really struggling to forgive him after that red card, reallly am.

Plenty of time for him yet. Look at the quality of players ahead of him? The others breaking through like Zapata are at the top level in Europe and South America. He will get his chance again if he keeps working hard.

Was never making it even before that I believe.

This is not even the final squad, it is the 40 man squad that gets cut down further and he has not even made that

His 5th red of the season and not starting in 6 games is behind it

Back