Morelos , Europa group stage top scorer .

Would prefer we brought in Alfie's future replacement in January, give him half a season so he is ready for next year.
giphy.gif

Because as we unfortunately saw on Sunday, when he inevitably has a bad game, no one else wants to step up and take the responsibility to score.
Agree with this, which is why he’ll leave a massive void when he inevitably moves on.

Can only hope the management team are working on unearthing the next gem.

Until then, we should be extremely grateful for what he brings us and try not to get too hung up when he has an off day (even if that happens on the worst of days).

Enjoy him while he’s here he is going to end up at one of the top teams.

But he will always think maybe I should have stayed for 56

Well done Alfie, but scored 6 of our 7 goals, that shows where our problem is.
Spot on.
Tonight in that first half we should have put this game to bed and knocked the stuffing out of YB's.
But no one other than Alfie seems capable of stepping up and scoring a goal.
That is a real problem.
We were three or four goals better than that team.

Because as we unfortunately saw on Sunday, when he inevitably has a bad game, no one else wants to step up and take the responsibility to score.

Aye just like at Aberdeen when Moros didn't score but Arfield and Jack did. Also at Hamilton when Morelos didn't start and Kent and Jack scored....

I think it’s got to be said that this performance was in the tightest of groups where no club ran away with the group.
Nothing one sided, no club out of the running after four or five rounds (all four clubs had a chance of qualifying going int last night’s game) and no whipping boys.

He was absolutely furious with Tav at the end because he smelled victory with his breakaway.

Brilliant

Heard no.8 on the list is quite a player, one to keep an eye on.
Couldn't believe when I saw him on that list!!!

Honestly, that's the first time I've heard of him since we left.

Alfredo though, the boy is something else. A hold up player, a battering ram, the ability to turn and roll defenders. Scores every kind of goal and has done in the group. Quality headers v Feyenoord, one v ones against Young Boys, one off a great touch and composed finish in Porto, and one off a difficult touch where if he'd touched it any other way his chance was gone, and the stunning half volley finish with his weak foot right into the corner.

There's absolutely no doubt he's rocketing his own value and will earn us a fortune when he eventually does move on.
I'd love him to just stay and spend his career with us, but I think the money that'll be on offer elsewhere will just be too much to turn down. He'll easily become a £100k a week player when he leaves us.

Aye just like at Aberdeen when Moros didn't score but Arfield and Jack did. Also at Hamilton when Morelos didn't start and Kent and Jack scored....

I didn’t say no one else has scored a goal. My point was clearly that it isn’t happening often enough.
Kent has 3 goals, as does Arfield. Aribo and Jack have 5.
We need more goals from elsewhere in the team, on a more regular basis.

If you include champions league top scorers it goes:

Lewandowski - 8
Haaland - 7
Kane - 6
Morelos - 6

Makes for some company.

Back