Morelos Finishing Is Not Good Enough

This forum is a right fucking embarrassment when we are off form. Alfredo scored 30 goals in half a season. That clearly proves he doesn’t have poor finishing. He’s off form at the moment but actually has still been playing pretty well for the team. Folk have been giving him grief for his play during the last two games in particular when actually he played pretty wel with absolutely no help from the rest of the team. He looked great with Kamberi yesterday thenGerrard inexplicably changed it. He also ran Braga ragged all game.

One good thing he will still be hear next season because nobody's going to pay his asking price

I'm surprised by the drop in form. There's a Copa America in Colombia in the Summer. I can't imagine his current form is going to get him a place.

There will be a big decision for the Club this Summer. I doubt we'll get what we hope for so do we let him go for 10m, for example?

I'm surprised by the drop in form. There's a Copa America in Colombia in the Summer. I can't imagine his current form is going to get him a place.

There will be a big decision for the Club this Summer. I doubt we'll get what we hope for so do we let him go for 10m, for example?

He does seem to be enjoying life here though - if he's not going to get a move to one of his favoured clubs, maybe he would stay for another season, especially if he's happy with the money he's on. He's only 23 after all.

This forum is a right fucking embarrassment when we are off form. Alfredo scored 30 goals in half a season. That clearly proves he doesn’t have poor finishing. He’s off form at the moment but actually has still been playing pretty well for the team. Folk have been giving him grief for his play during the last two games in particular when actually he played pretty wel with absolutely no help from the rest of the team. He looked great with Kamberi yesterday thenGerrard inexplicably changed it. He also ran Braga ragged all game.

His form and goal scoring drops away after every winter break for 3 seasons now.

It’s a lack of composure more than anything. How often do you see him opening his body up and side footing it past the keeper? That’s why he’ll never be a penalty taker.

The first page of this thread and the thread's general premise itself convinces me that some posters on here are complete and utter morons.

Morelos gets 62% on target, but only scores from 25% of these. 16% goalscoring rate
Defoe gets 50% on target but scores 80% of these. 40% goalscoring rate
Edoaurd gets 57% on target and scores from 51% of these. 29% goalscoring rate
Christie gets 40 % on target, and scores with 60% of these 24% goalscorer rate.

Morelos gets 62% on target, but only scores from 25% of these. 16% goalscoring rate
Defoe gets 50% on target but scores 80% of these. 40% goalscoring rate
Edoaurd gets 57% on target and scores from 51% of these. 29% goalscoring rate
Christie gets 40 % on target, and scores with 60% of these 24% goalscorer rate.

I like stats.

When thru on his own and the keeper goes down, he still blasts the ball low rather than lifting it over the sprawling goalie.

You don’t go from scoring a barrel load to his form for no reason. I’d like to remind everyone we’d be out on our arse in the Europa League had it not been for his goals in the group stages. Something is not right, his confidence has gone and he desperately needs a goal. He should have had two so far in the league this year remember. Whatever the problem is I hope it’s sorted soon, we can be pissed off when he misses chances, but he could do with our support. His was not the only opportunity to score more today. Tav for one blasted a good opportunity over the bar!

I think the fans give him plenty of support in every game, it would help if he stopped behaving like a wee sulking school boy, with his face tripping him, when things don't go his way.Time for him to grow up as far as im concerned.He's not helping us one bit, with his attitude of late.

Morelos has been deliberately targeted by the media, refs and scum in the street since his ability to put the ball into the net for Rangers became evident. It is utterly disgusting what he's had to put up with in this backwater shithole of a country. He deserves our 100 % support.

Morelos has been deliberately targeted by the media, refs and scum in the street since his ability to put the ball into the net for Rangers became evident. It is utterly disgusting what he's had to put up with in this backwater shithole of a country. He deserves our 100 % support.

agreed, it also sounds like his mother has been seriously ill

Is it possible to be human when talking about Alfie?

All this over-analysis of people and problems are just feeding the frenzy. he is a brilliant player with more than just scoring stats to his game

Are there not enough threads slating Morelos without regurgitating old ones?

Was only brought up as a poster was more less saying I was talking pish.

Not slating Morelos I love him. My argument was that he didn't come back in the same condition as he was in in first half of the season.

Whether it was off field issues or being away in Colombia who knows

As for present condition I've no idea but I hope he stays I can't see us having Roofe and Morelos in same squad whilst playing one up

Can’t believe people are taking offence at this.

Go and watch the league cup final highlights again.

We paid a million for him and want him to be like Messi, it won't happen but when he's fit and lean he's one hell of a striker and his work rate is excellent, all we need is that man back in that condition and with his new family member hopefully also comes more dedication and responsibility. :))

Its the most popular subject at the moment it seems. Very little praise and lots of slating.

I'm not slating Morelos mate and my reasoning for bumping wasn't about his finishing

Maybe bumping thread wasn't the best but guy was more or less saying that nobody said morelos was overweight from January onwards.

Not abusive to say he came back a shadow of what he was. Not all down to him right enough he carried us for months too.

Just didn't look as lean and mobile as he did prior. Fair assessment tbh

I'm not slating Morelos mate and my reasoning for bumping wasn't about his finishing

Maybe bumping thread wasn't the best but guy was more or less saying that nobody said morelos was overweight from January onwards.

Not abusive to say he came back a shadow of what he was. Not all down to him right enough he carried us for months too.

Just didn't look as lean and mobile as he did prior. Fair assessment tbh
Wasnt aimed at you tbh bud. Just every thread you go into atm its a Morelos bashing even when the thread isnt about him. Its getting a bit old now. I get folks points but for folk to keep going on about it is annoying, especially in threads that arent made to discuss him.

Discipline and his failure to score against them are my only issues with him, although the first can be explained away by the manner in which he is refereed.
His finishing has improved year on year no probs in that department.

His goal on the half volley around the penalty box finessed into the corner was the most finesse of finesse goals you’ll ever see

His glancing header away at Feyernord was the most finesse of finesse headers you’ll ever see

One of the best headed goals I’ve seen in a while

Bump that in your pipe and smoke it

Back