Morelos - How many Dembele Dollars?

Ok back to the bidding. I'll start 54 million and if he gets a hat trick against them we'll be going for 55 ;)

Hopefully we can keep him for a couple of seasons, the best thing for his development is to be playing every week.

It's not just his goals though, there were multiple times he won the ball out of sheer determination. He had a shot over the bar before his goal where his touch was exquisite which gave him a yard of space to get his shot away, he looks technically very gifted.

He looks the complete package. Bags of goals, great mentality/attitude and technically very good

Misses are 'good' always trying to get a shot of, wont score every time but he'll keep trying.

He was fcuked at the end of the game, but you couldnt tell that in the game. Exciting player and great to have a real striker.

If he keeps going then you'd have to expect a bid to test us in the January window.

Youth international experience suggests potential and if followed by high return rates in different leagues while still young, then he will definitely get attention.

Goals are goals. If we give him the chances against the mentally challengeds, he'll put them away.

I had to listen to the Clyde phone-in on the way home, absolute torture listening to people say he does nothing outside the box.

He's strong, quick and can link up play very well. A cultured all round player and a poacher to boot.
Started outside the box for second and was possibly outside it for the first.

Was it Gordon Dalziel per chance?

He will get chances against that mhob, especially if they are still playing Bitton at the back when they play us.

Spoke about this at the game today, at what stage did Clyde et al start talking ÂŁ10m plus for dembele, pretty early on from memory despite him not hitting the ground running the way Morelos has

We haven't had a striker for years that can hold off defenders the way he does..Definitely has an eye for goal but his overall work rate has impressed me..

Before the hearts game I was on my way to the game and DJ was on the radio saying Morelos wasn't a 20 goal a season striker! Jesus!

Let's not get too carried away just yet, he need's to perform in the big games. That said from what I've seen so far an argument could be made he's every bit as good as Dembele. His work rate is better imo. This is coming from someone who rates Dembele very highly.

We might have just unearthed a gem for an incredible price. :):):)

Very exciting player. We're now at a point with him where we can reasonably expect him to score most weeks. He'll certainly get chances supplied to him and he has shown that he can make his own too. This gives his game an edge.

Our most talented striker since Jelavic, in my opinion and I have a feeling we've seen nothing yet.

If he keeps this up we will cash in big time on him. Only 21 as well. We've had some great goalscorers over the years but when was the last prolific scorer we had that young?

Clubs down south don't give a flying %^*& about SPL goals outwith the derby. Dembele is rated highly because of his goals in the championship, France U21 , Old firm derbies and in UCL. Griffiths scored 40 SPL goals a couple of seasons back and nobody gave two fucks.

We will get big money for Morelos once he bangs them in in the types of games listed above.

I'm just happy to have a guy that guarantees goals domestically , will make us competitive again.

Early doors but he seems to have ability to be lucky and be in right places. If it continues he'll be offski for decent money but but our board don't have a "Dembele calculator "

Or it's just that he has that natural instinct of being in the right place at the right time.....

Early doors but he seems to have ability to be lucky and be in right places. If it continues he'll be offski for decent money but but our board don't have a "Dembele calculator "

I don't think it's luck mate, I think it's pure talent that he is in the right place - watch his off the ball movement and you will see he is forever dropping off defenders and running into space. His reading of the game for a 21 year old is phenonemal. I actually think he is a better player than Jelavic was. Some players you just know are going to be stars and Morelos is that kind of player.

I thought dembele was 500mill? Well according all the journalists he's gods infinite gift? Anything from us is cheating is it not?

I'm going to enjoy him playing and scoring for now.

We might get 4 million or a bit more for him.

Its refreshing to finally have a striker who perhaps, maybe, possibly could score in excess of 25 goals in a season.

That said, its early days and some of the comments above are hyping him far too much.

The problem is he's still a young lad and as soon as he goes 3-4-5 games without scoring, which he inevitably will, people will be saying he's shite etc...people were moaning about him after Progres'.

vRl8KpL.jpg

This lad scores all types of goals.
He has all sorts of strengths, which explains the variety of goals.
Speed, strength, aggression, athleticism, skill, touch, technique, power, heading, leaping, appetite, and pure fckn gallusness.
The only thing he doesn't have yet is the English language.
But that will come. :p

If he keeps going then you'd have to expect a bid to test us in the January window.

Youth international experience suggests potential and if followed by high return rates in different leagues while still young, then he will definitely get attention.

He wont be going anywhere in january, he will want to stay with us for at least 2 seasons i think.

The problem is he's still a young lad and as soon as he goes 3-4-5 games without scoring, which he inevitably will, people will be saying he's shite etc...people were moaning about him after Progres'.
yea i agree, he was getting moaned at today for a misplaced pass, how dare he.

After what we've been through its so hard not to get carried away. This boy is as exciting a prospect as I've seen in my 27 years supporting Rangers. He is seriously that good.

I prefer to use the Dembele comparison to show how how ridiculous our media acted last year

I would sit him down first thing tomorrow and offer him a 5 year deal.

At least a 12m release clause.

If he keeps going the way he's going and does it against them and in Europe then he will break the Scottish received transfer record. Although we never seem to market our talent very well and always under value.

I know they are worlds apart at this point but I can't help feeling he reminds me of Aguero due to his build, the way he moves and even the way he buried his first goal today was very Agueroesque.

Scenario:

If we're neck and neck with Celtic in the title race come January and someone offers ÂŁ5m+ for Morelos, would you take it? Do you think the board would accept it?

I don't think it's luck mate, I think it's pure talent that he is in the right place - watch his off the ball movement and you will see he is forever dropping off defenders and running into space. His reading of the game for a 21 year old is phenonemal. I actually think he is a better player than Jelavic was. Some players you just know are going to be stars and Morelos is that kind of player.
Yeah I totally agree with that side of his play and I also like his work rate but what I mean by luck is he's likely to get scuffs in and rebounds off his backside etc and we haven't had that for some time

He's definitely looking the part, but instead of looking for how much we are going to get for him, I'd much rather talk about keeping him, and building future teams around him.I know it's nots the case anymore, but I'm still of the auld school mindset,We Are Rangers, we don't need to sell anybody:)

His booking was a disgrace,their fullback was pushing him about at the corner,the ref had warned him,he then does it again and books both Players,shambolic decision.
That's exactly what happened. The Dundee No3 should have been sent off beforehand.

Back