Morelos - How many Dembele Dollars?

Potentially the best striker we've had since Jelavic.

Has that great knack of being in the right place at the right time and when he gets a chance you fancy him to bury it in a way you never did with Waghorn, Garner, etc.

He is still quite raw but he has very promising attributes.

Quick, sharp, confident in front of goal and I really like his tenacity. He's not the tallest but he's very physical for his height which you need in this league. He won't be bullied by the cloggers or knocked off the ball easily and his fight and work ethic is great to see.

For me our best bit of business in the summer and potentially someone we can make a good return on if he continues to develop and perform.

Timing is important. We don't want to sell him for the first offer that comes in or we could miss out on a huge payday. Hopefully we can convince him it will help his career to stay and knock them in for the Gers in the likelihood a Premiership side will come in for him, rather than lose him to the first Championship side that bids a couple of million

However,the way he's started his career with us, if he keeps it up, I'd like to see him in a Rangers shirt for a good long while yet

Less than a month age wise between the two and playing same position , The comparisons are natural .Both played all through international youth set up to 21 level , Dumbellend has to be a bear with his D.O.B

An early goal from him against them in a couple of weeks would be magic. Every time we have a free-kick 30 or so yards out early in the game I'm expecting the wee man to be on the end of it with his napper. He nearly got one like this yesterday.

He's a far better all round player than Dembele, strong as fck,good finisher. How much do you think he would be worth by the media if he was playing with the filth.

When was the last we had real heroes in the Rangers team? Let's worry about wee Freddy More-or-less' sell on value some time in the future and enjoy having a player who genuinely excites for the moment!

Thing is, he loves Rangers. His Instagram is literally all pictures of him in his Rangers jersey and he was telling anyone who'd listen that he was signing for Rangers weeks before it was finalised.

He's exactly what we want - a hungry, talented young player who wants to score goals for Rangers.

Certainly looks the part and the best of this years crop of summer signings .Early days ,remember one Marco Negri ,but hopefully we have the genuine article.

I hope he stays under the radar as the last thing we need is to start selling out best players. I recon he will score 25+ this year and we will need to base an attack round him.
i fear he will get kicked off the park against the scum, as will candeias and the cowardly referee will let it happen.

Potentially the best striker we've had since Jelavic.

Has that great knack of being in the right place at the right time and when he gets a chance you fancy him to bury it in a way you never did with Waghorn, Garner, etc.

He is still quite raw but he has very promising attributes.

Quick, sharp, confident in front of goal and I really like his tenacity. He's not the tallest but he's very physical for his height which you need in this league. He won't be bullied by the cloggers or knocked off the ball easily and his fight and work ethic is great to see.

For me our best bit of business in the summer and potentially someone we can make a good return on if he continues to develop and perform.

Potentially? I can't think of one striker since who is anywhere near his level. He needs two more goals to match Waghorn and Garner's SPFL tallies, and for all their failings, they were still the best strikers at the club since 2012, excepting Miller who has had numerous stints here.
I think he compares well to Naismith, and I think it's open to debate whether you think he or Jelavic was a better player

Potentially? I can't think of one striker since who is anywhere near his level. He needs two more goals to match Waghorn and Garner's SPFL tallies, and for all their failings, they were still the best strikers at the club since 2012, excepting Miller who has had numerous stints here.
I think he compares well to Naismith, and I think it's open to debate whether you think he or Jelavic was a better player

It's early days mate.

He's playing well though and it's great to have a proper #9 again.

Exactly. And we had one of the worst defences a Rangers team has ever had. He's overhyped af. El Buffalo is better.

Let's not get carried away here. Dembele is a very good player relative to SPL level. He's scored 5 goals at the Champions League level (two vs Manchester City) which automatically raises his value. He's scored goals in the English Championship, a league I feel is vastly overrated but whether I like it or not adds value to his price tag. He's scored goals at U21 level for France and stuck more than I want to remember past us last season. Yes, there's no denying we were utterly dreadful last season so it is no great feat, however it still ultimately proves he can perform in the big games. Morelos has yet to prove this but I feel he's more than capable and will prove how good he is over time.

I'm shocked at how well he has started tbh. I was expecting him to be more rough around the edges and take him at least a season to settle in. He's much much better than I expected. The fact we appear to be heavily reliant on him already is concerning.

We haven't had a striker for years that can hold off defenders the way he does..Definitely has an eye for goal but his overall work rate has impressed me..

I noticed at halftime yesterday the difference between him and Miller, his shirt is drenched.

[url=https://ibb.co/jE14ya][/URL]
RfOYN

How about we keep our best players. Its really sad that some are already talking about selling him. We wont challenge celtic if we sell our best players.

He's got every thing you want in a striker.

Stay fit and he will bag 25 at least.

Not only is he a goal scorer, but he's got ability, work rate and a fantastic attitude. He's also strong and has a bit of bite.

Let's not get carried away here. Dembele is a very good player relative to SPL level. He's scored 5 goals at the Champions League level (two vs Manchester City) which automatically raises his value. He's scored goals in the English Championship, a league I feel is vastly overrated but whether I like it or not adds value to his price tag. He's scored goals at U21 level for France and stuck more than I want to remember past us last season. Yes, there's no denying we were utterly dreadful last season so it is no great feat, however it still ultimately proves he can perform in the big games. Morelos has yet to prove this but I feel he's more than capable and will prove how good he is over time.

I'm shocked at how well he has started tbh. I was expecting him to be more rough around the edges and take him at least a season to settle in. He's much much better than I expected. The fact we appear to be heavily reliant on him already is concerning.
I can agree with that. My point with Dembellend was pretty average till he scored a hatrick against us. He then scored more goals and that is when the bheasts began raving about him. But before the hat trick against us, they was wanting the thumb and was saying he was the better striker. The fact Morelos is doing so well and so early, is in my opinion an indicator he is indeed better. It maybe to early to say but that is my gut feeling on Morelos.

He should have had a hat trick last night and one against Ross County. I hope Herrera starts coming onto a game, after the goal against Ross County cause Miller is sometimes a burden on our attack.

Noticed someone from BetVictor has obviously seen this thread and are asking the same question on their Social media channels.

Let's not get carried away. He is an exciting talent who certainly knows where the goal is.

He needs to keep it up over the course of the season(I think he will).

In terms of his value, unfortunately for us we don't have Europe, Dembele seemed to perform in the champions league ( I say seemed to because I never actually watched any of their games). That's why his value rocketed, in saying that noone wanted him in the summer so he is only worth what teams will pay.

However, Dembele is a good player no point pretending otherwise. I still think Morelos will score more though!

Back