Morelos Injury?

Any update? Didn't look too serious but haven't heard any news.

Btw, totally disgusted but not surprised tonight.

I thought the post was going to snap it rattled that much, not good if your hip or rib cage causes a goal frame to shake that much.
I think it could be Christmas before we see the wee man again, hope I'm wrong.

Thought it very strange that he was dragged to his feet by a teammate and then allowed to try and continue. Let’s hope it’s not serious.

I also feared the worst when McCrorie was made to work off the pitch.

I thought the post was going to snap it rattled that much, not good if your hip or rib cage causes a goal frame to shake that much.
I think it could be Christmas before we see the wee man again, hope I'm wrong.
If it is just a contact injury then it should not take a month. He is obviously doubtful for the Aberdeen games.

If it is just a contact injury then it should not take a month. He is obviously doubtful for the Aberdeen games.

I'm not a doctor or professional sportsman so no idea, I just know that a normal person with bad bruising to the ribs or worse would be 3 or 4 weeks minimum before any kind of running could be done without a large amount of pain.
Can recovery be sped up significantly? Or will it naturally heal quicker for a footballer?

He came back out in the second half to sit on the bench and watch the game. He could barely walk. Looked in a fair but of pain. Reckon he'll be out for a while.

Looked to me like an impact injury / bruise to the hip. A few weeks out I reckon, which is bad news for us. I know he’s not been scoring but his movement, leading the line and runs are excellent. We were impotent when he went off.

He really strained for the header and went full pelt into the post, doesn't look good for a few weeks.

It looked a real whack he took on the ribs.

I think the best we can hope for is bruised ribs. Hopefully not broken.

Anyway, I'l be surprised if we see him Wednesday. Looked a really nasty whack against that post

Thought it very strange that he was dragged to his feet by a teammate and then allowed to try and continue. Let’s hope it’s not serious.

I also feared the worst when McCrorie was made to work off the pitch.
That fkpig McGowan, was it, should have been dealt with on the pitch I knew the referee would do nothing. Match after match we see these unpunished assaults on Rangers players.

It looked a real whack he took on the ribs.

I think the best we can hope for is bruised ribs. Hopefully not broken.

Anyway, I'l be surprised if we see him Wednesday. Looked a really nasty whack against that post

Looked more like hip to me

That was definitely a sore one. Be interesting to see how it turns out.

Was really concerned for McCrorie too but he seems to be ok.

Someone and I know we don’t have that person, should have nailed that hate filled mentally challenged McGowan.

He really struggled to get to the tunnel at the end of the match, was hobbling badly on his right side and wasn't making any sharp movements, he looked in real pain and someone had to put an arm around him to help up the tunnel.

I'll be very surprised if we see him in the next few weeks. The worst time for him to get injured and it's happened.

I don't think he will be playing the next game. Pena was pretty much carrying him into the tunnel after the game last night as he could barely walk.

If he is out the next two matches then Hardie has to get a proper chance as Herrera is brutal up front. Murty would never drop Miller so it has to be Hardie if Merelos does not make it. Team missed him badly when he went off.

I'll be very surprised if Morelos plays again this year.

Likewise, I think McRorie is unlikely to be fit to play for sometime. That looked a nasty knee injury and he struggled to finish the game.

Hope I'm wrong about both players :(

He’ll be a huge miss for us as much as he may not be getting the goals it was clear to see how badly we played without him in the second half.

Even though the goals have dried up he is the only player we have that can hold the ball up. We will be left with headless chicken Miller and Herrera

Shows what I know.

I was annoyed we made the sub with 1 minute injury time to play. I wanted to play the 1 minute with 10 men and give him half time to get himself sorted again.

It shows the dreadful state we are in when we are dreading missing a young forward who hasn't scored in the last 9 games, and we have no one decent to replace him.

Back