Morelos Injury

1914-18

I stayed behind today with the kids for a chance for them to meet the players after the game

Morelos was 1st out and was limping quite badly, never went on the team bus and went straight into a private transfer merc type mini van and away, wonder if that's why he was subbed

Katic, barged through everyone after the game and never stopped and went straight on the coach, face like thunder.

Never wish an injury on a place (obviously) but it's perhaps a positive as it's the only way Gerrard changes from the start.

A miss that Kamberi can't play next Saturday

I stayed behind today with the kids for a chance for them to meet the players after the game

Morelos was 1st out and was limping quite badly, never went on the team bus and went straight into a private transfer merc type mini van and away, wonder if that's why he was subbed

Katic, barged through everyone after the game and never stopped and went straight on the coach, face like thunder.
The bit about Katic, as bad as it sounds, it’s a positive in the sense he is raging with himself and it shows he cares, too many players would be their dishing out autographs

The bit about Katic, as bad as it sounds, it’s a positive in the sense he is raging with himself and it shows he cares, too many players would be their dishing out autographs

Assuming it's himself he's raging at. He's been thrown under the bus a few times now. Looks shattered. He was mince today but I don't think it needed said publicly. We only have Edmundson as a fit alternative.

He’s already shown his limitations away to Hearts mate.
And, unfortunately, limitations overall. Given our formation and tactics, we need more from Defoe than a brilliant finisher.

I think Defoe is a cracking player, has had a great career and is no doubt brilliant round the club, but I’d me more comfortable with kamberi leading the line. (Not talking about the hearts game)

FWIW, I’m happy to have him in the squad for the next season.

Do find it a bit worrying that Gerrard will condemn certain individuals when others seem to be immune to criticism.

Don’t think I’ve heard him bring up Kent, Davis, Goldson, Arfield or Aribo (all have been guilty this season)
You make a good point

Is it maybe down to how he think ‘senior’ players will receive public criticism?

Assuming it's himself he's raging at. He's been thrown under the bus a few times now. Looks shattered. He was mince today but I don't think it needed said publicly. We only have Edmundson as a fit alternative.
What exactly is the manager supposed to say after that shit show we all witnessed?

Ha ha ha.our pacy speed merchant Kent couldn't keep up with him on Thursday. You might have missed that though. Probably at the fishmongers ahead of Friday.
I think Morelos looks overweight and a yard off it too. I've been saying it since he's come back.

When you're not sharp you're not scoring.

When you're unfit, you can sprint but when it comes to shooting or at the business end, you don't have the stamina to finish it off.

When you're carrying a bit of extra weight you're not as fast. You pick up injuries.

He may be faster than Kent. But he's not as sharp as he was. For him.

Does this sound like Morelos? Does this make me a tim?

Do find it a bit worrying that Gerrard will condemn certain individuals when others seem to be immune to criticism.

Don’t think I’ve heard him bring up Kent, Davis, Goldson, Arfield or Aribo (all have been guilty this season)
Or, he's actually managing them effectively in that sense - maybe he knows who responds to a word in private and who responds to public criticism?

You'll notice that the ones who have gotten public criticism are also the ones he says he loves (literally said that about Katic, Barisic and Morelos) when they're playing well.

Or, he's actually managing them effectively in that sense - maybe he knows who responds to a word in private and who responds to public criticism?

You'll notice that the ones who have gotten public criticism are also the ones he says he loves (literally said that about Katic, Barisic and Morelos) when they're playing well.
Time will tell.

Tbh though he slagged Borna when he was absolutely dire and could have ended up going out the door with that Albanian muppet.
Morelos can’t speak English so probably has never heard the criticism and Katic is a young player who needs this to work at Rangers or his career will go downhill.... 3 easy targets imo

Most managers have favourites.

He does seem to be taking it too far though.

What we need especially for hearts away is Morelos. He'll no doubt come through this baron spell. Defoe for me doesn't cut it up there alone away to the harder teams

Or he's raging st being thrown under the bus by the manager again while others seem to be immune?
I like Niko but he’s been brutal for weeks.He literally provided the assist for the two St J goals today and combined those howlers with never knowingly finding one of his teammates with the ball.

He’s a good young player but he’s made a lot of big mistakes this season and last. In my opinion, anyone thinking he’s being picked on is kidding themselves.

He even made a point of singling out that diddy Worrall out for special praise last season in his first game after the Kilmarnock blunder (after a competition average performance where he was barely tested). So he really does play favourites, one gets an arm around the shoulder and false praise, the other gets shot down in most snide manner.

Back