Morelos joining in the applause on the second minute

It was the first time I have ever seen that in football and respect to the Dutch and the ref for stopping to clap
It was a fantastic gesture. It's been done before that I've seen (not in person though), fairly recently by Fiorentina when Davide Astori died the night before a game. The difference there was the ball was kicked out the park deliberately, so it was clearly pre-meditated.

I think the Dutch national team also did it in the 14th minute when Cruyff died as well.

All very touching gestures and if it's correct that the Feyenoord right back took it upon on himself to do that, then huge credit to him.

Last edited:
At points last season I couldn’t wait to see the back of him but I’m so happy he stayed and he seems like a changed man

Would love someone to full breakdown his performance last night his stats would have been off the scale . As SG said a goal would have completed his best game ever in my view in a Rangers jersey and it was against a quality defence .
He was unplayable at times

I think he's a funny wee character. Reminded me of when he used to bob his head along to his own song it's all a bit endearing really.

I wish we could get him up in front of camera from time to time. I'm certain his English will be better than we're led to believe now.

Have you seen his video?

Excellent. He is so humble and honest.

It's on RTV and about 20 mins long.

Have you seen his video?

Excellent. He is so humble and honest.

It's on RTV and about 20 mins long.

Actually no. I remember it being released but a defeat to Celtic happened soon after this came out and I tend to stay off social media until the build up to the following game, in which time it must have slipped my mind. Would have been a good distraction back then actually.

Thanks for that, will definitely watch it soon.

Selfishly I'd like to see him in a press conference before he leaves, though our press pack don't really deserve him.

I tend to stay off social media until the build up to the following game, in which time it must have slipped my mind. Would have been a good distraction back then actually.

Thanks for that, will definitely watch it soon.

Selfishly I'd like to see him in a press conference before he leaves, though our press pack don't really deserve him.

Wow. I do the exact same thing after a defeat from the mendicants.

Ps. Next to @madride , your my 2nd favourite FF username. Every time I see it I say to myself.... and why not?

Brilliant.

I honestly thought they'd stopped the game for the minute, it was surreal. Got a few of us welling up in the pub, an amazing moment that won't be forgotten

Come on mate, the players had been to pay their respects that morning, up at the gates covered in tributes with the number 2 plastered all over the place.

Alfie might be from a poor part of the world but he’s not that daft.
It was a play on words to Johnto's post.

You don't get many moments like that in football, that was special, fitting that it happened at Ibrox & for a man who fought the most tragic of illnesses in the most heroic way, god bless Fernando
Also very fitting and a crazy coincidence that we played a Dutch team the game after he passed. Really special moment

He's just so loveable the lad.

Despite his reputation I see him as an innocent and honest young man that's been totally misunderstood because of his misleading demeanor.

My admiration is growing for the lad.

agree 100% There is no doubt in my mind if he played for anyone except us he would be loved and treated so differently in scotshit football by all the people who seem to hate him in a
rangers jersey.

What a moment of spontaneity by the players and official, planned in the stands but first time I've ever seen it done in the pitch during the game.

Huge credit to the boy taking the throw in who dropped the ball to start clapping.

Wonderful moment
Yes truly unique. I have never known of a precedent for this, in respect of those on the playing field being so involved in such a wonderful and deserved tribute.

agree 100% There is no doubt in my mind if he played for anyone except us he would be loved and treated so differently in scotshit football by all the people who seem to hate him in a
rangers jersey.

Sadly the SFA are self hating the game to death in this sad little backwater.

That short video shows Alfie must feel in awe with the crowd and the atmosphere. He's a genuine 'innocent abroad'.

I was at the game and somehow missed it. Unbelievable moment in football that might never be seen again.

RIP Fernando, your fighting spirit lives on.

It was amazing, players, managers, officials all took time to clap. That's how you do it. Minute's silence before the game and then clap during. Not this clapping pish because you can't trust the support to not be silent. We did it right, well done Feyenoord for standing beside us.

Back