Morelos/Kent & Ross Wilson.

Not many players at their age are going to commit to another 2, 3, 4 years in Scotland when they still have 2 years to run on a contract.

Exactly.
The alternative is sell (before they get to 12 months remaining, soon to be 6 months remaining).

We’ll leave that to Ross Wilson though. This is his job.

In the event neither of these players sign new contracts and sit tight until the end of the season we will conservatively be watching 15-20 million of talent walking for nothing. If this comes to pass then surely Ross Wilson should be sacked for gross negligence?

Even if we are forced to sell both in January at vastly reduced fees that would be totally unacceptable. Truth be told it’s unacceptable we find ourselves in this situation at all. If players won’t sign new contracts with 12 months left our model surely makes it a necessity they should be sold.
Nobody knows what’s going on. If the players are refusing to sign new deals, or Wilson’s budget can’t meet their demands, I’d imagine he’d have pretty good grounds for an unfair dismissal claim if we sacked him because 2 footballers did what thousands do every summer and run down their contracts.

If I was on a contract with an end date I would want to see it out if I had no other job offers,after all a contract is a contract.

Yip. Plenty of other examples. Mane left on a free and Salah could have done so too.

I still think both will stay. Morelos more so than Kent at this stage though.
Rudiger left on a free as when he was about to sign a new deal Chelsea were hit with sanctions and put a halt to that. Mane left for £35m too.

The only glimmer of hope I can think of is the whole Goldson situation. We’re very conservative when it comes to our internal contracts (Goldson even alluded to this at the end of last season) so it may well be that Kent and Morelos are indeed signing or finalising terms.
Tbh I think the way we did the goldson deal was by giving him a big signing on bonus instead of overly increasing wages which is easier to do when out of contract

I agree mate but realistically how much would we have got for them in the summer? Very little due to lack or form and fitness.
It’s a terrible position but I have to say getting something is better than nothing. And I feel the lack of honesty and transparency is something lacking from the players and Wilson. I can only think of laudrup being the last valuable player we had in a similar situation. In these times we should be more proactive.

And we have missed out on the 10 million fee agreed for Kamara with Nice this summer. He has now downed tools and we won't get anywhere near that. So
potentially 30 million in fees lost, gross negligence by wilson.

If their contracts end, then we re sign them as ‘free agents’ does that mean that any sell on %’s etc no longer apply?

And we have missed out on the 10 million fee agreed for Kamara with Nice this summer. He has now downed tools and we won't get anywhere near that. So
You don’t seriously believe we knocked by £10m for Kamara but accepted £6m for Aribo ffs

If you allow a player into his final year it’s a gamble. Either can sign for a new club in 3 months and sit out their contracts. That’s all down the club if that comes to pass.

See the old adage of when players play well domestically against Rangers, but watch them the next week vs st mirren and they are pish. Kent turns up for the big occasion, but doesnt do it week on week which teams paying 5-15m need, they can’t afford passengers

If you allow a player into his final year it’s a gamble. Either can sign for a new club in 3 months and sit out their contracts. That’s all down the club if that comes to pass.
And the player, the cards are all with the player under contract really.

Explain why, I'm fascinated.
Hi boys Ross here. I want you to sign a contract extension. Both, naw
OK, I'll get a new club for you both. Both, naw were running down our contract.
Personally, I think Kent doesn't want to play for GvB. Morelos has wanted away for years, nobody wants to pay money for him, but might if not paying a fee. Morelos will sign for some minor team, on no more money than at Ibrox, but in a "bigger" league.
Nail on head as far as Kent's concerned. With GVB restricting Borna's getting forward it means Kent's up against 2/3 defenders.

Can't fault his work rate etc but he's down on confidence atm, but he needs space to operate in and GVB is not allowing it.

Well let me know what you design so I don’t buy it.

Certainly will, you let me know when you stop referring to yourself in the third person and we can go from there, hows that?

As for you buying what I design, literally millions use it and I would be fairly sure that if you are resident in Scotland you will use what I design almost every day.

Only if you actually believe we had a concrete offer of £10million for Kamara in the summer.

Fits the narrative that Wilson is useless though

See the old adage of when players play well domestically against Rangers, but watch them the next week vs st mirren and they are pish. Kent turns up for the big occasion, but doesnt do it week on week which teams paying 5-15m need, they can’t afford passengers

Maybe if he went to a better league, he would perform better more regularly. Playing St Johnstone for the 25th time might not be particularly motivating.

Maybe if he went to a better league, he would perform better more regularly. Playing St Johnstone for the 25th time might not be particularly motivating.
Playing for Rangers should be motivating enough, if it’s not he shouldn’t be here

Am not Ross Wilsons biggest fan but if players don't sign new contracts and there are no offers from other clubs for kent and morelos what else is he supposed to do.
If we are to part ways with RW it should be because majority of his signings have been poor

He keeps on saying the same thing but the fans aren’t relaxed.

No idea why we haven’t tied them down yet.

Simple really, could be both players want to move on in the summer. As Bosmans both will command pretty decent signing on fees.

Would love both to sign on just to ensure we receive transfer fees but think now unlikely to happen. Can see Alfie in Portugal or Spain, Kent at a bottom half EPL side.

In the event neither of these players sign new contracts and sit tight until the end of the season we will conservatively be watching 15-20 million of talent walking for nothing. If this comes to pass then surely Ross Wilson should be sacked for gross negligence?

Even if we are forced to sell both in January at vastly reduced fees that would be totally unacceptable. Truth be told it’s unacceptable we find ourselves in this situation at all. If players won’t sign new contracts with 12 months left our model surely makes it a necessity they should be sold.
If the players Don’t want to sign what can he do about it?

Yeah OP we should sack someone for being unable to either

A) force a player to move to another club, regardless of whether he wants to go or not, or has plans to run down his deal

B) force a player to extend his contract, whether he wants to or not

C) force a club to bid what we feel two, in many eyes, underperforming players are worth whilst in the last year of their contract.

Back