Morelos & Kent

I always said pre Christmas that as far ahead as we were our two most effective forwards had yet to hit top form . Once they do and at the start of the year they did nobody in this league will live with us . It makes the two cup games an even bigger scunner . Since 1982 when I went to my first game this current crop are right up there with any team our great club has produced .

I don’t know about others, but I can tell at kick off if Kent looks in the mood.

He’s looked hungry of late.

This has been both of their best seasons for us so far. Easy to say for Kent, but maybe slightly more controversial opinion for Morelos considering his goal tally last year.

Alfredo is a more complete player now and were it not for his suspensions this season, he'd have probably been in the running, or at least been in the conversation, for POTY - in my opinion.

Kents a different level when he's at his best the bad thing about that is that's what scouts see as well.

Cracking goal between Morelos and Kent last night.

Kent has come on by leaps and bounds this season. We are getting much more from him now.

Even on a off day he's capable of providing a spark that leads to a goal.

As for Alfie I think his problem was that he wanted to be the goals man. Looks like he's now accepted the change in roles and realises his value to the team. There's always a contribution from him these days and often it's immense.

He has really come on as a team player this season. The system we used at the start of the season meant he dropped deep and then we played it into the space left behind to a runner, his over all game has really benefitted, as has the team. Now we are playing as a two with Roofe at times, as well as him through the middle. This team has grown up/matured with Alfie being a key reason we are so varied.
One more season Alfie, a crack at the Champions League, and defend the title, and aim for the treble! There is nowhere more ambitious.

There’s no chance Morelos passes that ball in that scenario last season, he is maturing and it was good to see the players all going to him to celebrate

Kent is improving all the time and is now starting to make serious goals/assist contributions

Back