Morelos motivated to impress Pekerman

HulloHullo

Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos is hoping his red-hot Rangers form can propel him all the way to the World Cup with Colombia.

Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos is hoping his red-hot Rangers form can propel him all the way to the World Cup with Colombia.

The Gers hotshot scored twice against Dundee at the weekend and has been tipped to score as many as 25 this season by Ibrox boss Pedro Caixinha.

And his stunning early-season performances have also seen his name mentioned as an emerging player that could soon be receiving a call up from Colombia boss Jose Pekerman.

The ex-HJK Helsinki star, who remains uncapped at full international level, told Footballred: "I'm training well because the pace here in Scottish football is more dynamic with more running. Football is aggressive, powerful, I'm preparing well in training and I'm doing well in the games. My mindset is to do things right, waiting for a call. I'm very calm, I hope to keep doing everything right.

"[The season] started in the best way, it was a very hard pre-season and I prepared well. Already, at the beginning of the league, everything was going well, in the friendly matches, I am adapting well to the team and that is reflected in the field. Everything is going well, I'm doing the best."

Morelos also revealed that being named Rangers' Player of the Month for August has given him an extra boost as he settles into life in a new country.

"I feel very happy," he added.

"I have been given the things in the best way, it has been thanks to the continuity that I have had, I have always played as a starter. I have been given goals and the work I am doing is bearing fruit - getting into the best eleven of the month. In the team I am very happy because I have been well received and the boss is also. Being named the player of the month is also something interesting that is a force and a motivation to keep doing things right."

https://www.clubcall.com/rangers/morelos-motivated-to-impress-pekerman-1862464.html

Can only be a good thing for us - he certainly looks fired up for it.

He looks to have it all really. You'd hope we can hold onto him for more than a season, but if and when he does go, let's hope it's for silly money to some Premiership outfit down south.

We will only benefit from this.

His desire to get to World Cup and an ambition to get a move to England (or another top league) at some point, will only make him perform out his skin while he is with us.

Then when he does get a move, we can cash in significantly.

Last edited:
soon the Scottish press will start shouting about £40m bids from south of the border

Not £40m, because the fantasy figures are only reserved for Timbo and his candy floss unicorns, but there will be lots of talk about clubs down south getting ready to make a bid in an attempt at unsettling him.

Playing with players like Falcao and Rodríguez certainly wouldn't do him any harm.

Really like this lad, seems to have a genuine determination to do well. Like I said on another thread, he plays with no fear and a love of football the same as a kid does playing in the park with his mates.

Really like this lad, seems to have a genuine determination to do well. Like I said on another thread, he plays with no fear and a love of football the same as a kid does playing in the park with his mates.
He seems to play with total confidence and just a bit of swagger which can be no bad thing.

He's mobile,links up well and is strong as an ox.infact I can't recall seeing any of the thugs he's come up against shifting him one iota.

Colombia are a very good side. If he gets picked he will have to be banging them in for us so fingers crossed the cap follows soon.

Thought at the start of the season this guy had something about him , nothing has changed my mind.
We will do well to keep hold of this guy in the coming 24 months, he has everything that we have desperately looked for in the last 5 year and can only get better.
He is a joy to behold

Back