Morelos No More and those short goal kicks

blueaway

He showed a complete lack of interest and more concerned with not getting injured.

He didn't get close to Kent and Barker to link the play (the little we had of the ball up top). The goal was case in point, you could see Kent was in difficulty so get close to him because you know the ball is going to break close to the tackle but he meanders over gets brushed off it again - just so poor.

Also we can't be playing out short like that from goal kicks - Leverkusen are pressing 4/5 men up - so knock it 40/50 yards and let's give them something to think about. I really like Gerrard but he needs to give some responsibility to McGregor there to call it like he sees it - always went short no variation.

Looked a totally different Alfredo from the player we all know & love.
I think he’ll be off by the end of the week I hope not though.

An absolutely shocking performance.

You can forgive the fact he didn't score or have many chances against top class opposition, but for me you simply cannot forgive the fact that for the time he was on the pitch he looked like he'd rather be elsewhere.

Absolute man down, we'd have been better starting an academy player instead of him tonight.

He was miles off it tonight and should have been taken off long before he was. If he doesn’t go then he’ll be on the bench with those performances, but he wasn’t the only one who was poor tonight

He showed a complete lack of interest and more concerned with not getting injured.

He didn't get close to Kent and Barker to link the play (the little we had of the ball up top). The goal was case in point, you could see Kent was in difficulty so get close to him because you know the ball is going to break close to the tackle but he meanders over gets brushed off it again - just so poor.

Also we can't be playing out short like that from goal kicks - Leverkusen are pressing 4/5 men up - so knock it 40/50 yards and let's give them something to think about. I really like Gerrard but he needs to give some responsibility to McGregor there to call it like he sees it - always went short no variation.

they only had 4 or 5 pressing once we played it short...

If you were a Lille fan tuning into that there for a look at your potential new striker, you’d be thinking what in the name of God are we doing.

If they'd watched him in most games since last December they'd probably be asking it tbf.

I adore the wee man, but I worry this kind of form is going to put people off.

Morelos has scored more goals in the Europa league group stage this year than Eduardo ( le French Boyd ) has since he joined Celtic in 2017

Scoring goals against Hamilton and St.mirren makeS you worth £30 million... lol

What a stat that blows his valuation right out the water

If he is still here Sunday he is benched.

Think carefully Alfie and read managers lips. No suitable bid.

Act petulantly and your career stalls.

Thanks for the memories last year and the year before Alfredo, now please move on.
Looking forward to seeing our team with Alfredo not there and Itten and Roofe adding a different dimension. It's never been clearer that it's now best for all parties that he moves on, with thanks.

If he ends up staying now and keeps up this attitude and form, he's' really going to undo all the good will he's built up.

What we need to do is learn to pass our way out the press. McGregors kicking is very poor, we look like a junior side when he's just punting it out the park.

Folk literally making things up and seeking attention. He had a poor game and is lacking sharpness, he had games like this before Christmas when his form was sensational. Look at me I’m calling a player out for not wanting to be at Rangers. Beyond boring and out of order.

The short goal kicks were a tactic to encourage them to press high so we could play in behind. It was a pretty obvious tactic which didn't really bear fruit but there was at least a reason for it.

I hope a.deal.is.done. if I was.watcjimg.him tonight if be having doubts. He.looled.awful.

If he doesn’t go before weekend and either of the two new lads are fit - he is in the bench for me. Absolutely not the same player since he got caught cheating on his wife. Pre December Morelos scores that chance inside 4 minutes and it’s a different game.

As for the short goal kick routines we really need a diagonal set play that starts from the Goalkeepers boot.

I can fully accept him wanting to move on and play in a better league but while he is here I fully expect him to give 100% in games but also in terms of his physical condition. He looks out of shape and a shadow of what he was this time last season. If he is still here at the weekend I would drop him

we were playing a much better team tonight so i let him off for not creating much but he just had a look of complete lack of interest in anything. couldnt hold up the ball wasnt interested in getting in to battles with defenders. i would have him on the bench on sunday and let itten start

This transfer needs to be concluded.Now.
For us, and him.
Please get it done!
The king is dead.
Long live the king!

Aye because long balls worked so well in the first half.

We need to get better at it not just stop playing football ffs.

They gave us a lesson in keeping the ball. A big reality check for where we are at. Our midfield were really poor first half.

Get what we can and move on he's not getting a game over the new signings now get him out and get another quality striker and quality Midfielders in

Hasn’t kicked his arse since we beat the mentally challengeds in December. A game in which he needlessly and stupidly got himself suspended once again. In the accumulated 20 odd goals we’ve scored since that game, he’s scored one. He also played his part in us losing out on a SCF through his antics in Colombia. You’d think he’d either be trying to impress a potential new gaffer or if he’s staying, maintain his place after we’ve signed two promising strikers. Instead he’s an overweight shambles.

Did the gaffer blank him at the sub changeover? Seemed to ignore him and went to Tav to shake his hand. Or, maybe I'm just looking for something that's not there.

Truthfully I think we need to lower our expectations on what kind of fee we’ll get for him only 1 goal in 2020 so far.

If we get anything between £13-15m we should take it and move on now.

Cannae understand why Morelos should get in the neck. They all look off the pace.
Really!! His attitude to the game tonight, his contribution to the game tonight and his general lack of interest along with a honkin attitude towards it means the criticism is justified.. If either of the two new boys are fit I wouldn’t play him again.

It's time to move on.If he keeps up with the huff and the shit body language he'll be worth %^*& all.

He's not the first player and won't be the last whose career at a club grinds slowly to a halt as he wants a move.

But it needs put to bed once and for all. The uncertainty is unfair on both parties and I don't care what anyone else says, this is not the same Morelos we are watching currently. His head is elsewhere and he shouldn't be playing.

Get his agent told - "This is our price, don't bother us until you've got someone to meet it."

The reason we were even playing a team of that quality in the last 16 of a European competition is because of Morelos. His goals getting us to that stage is the reason we have money to sign roofe, Itten and Hagi. If he goes then its with my best wishes, if he stays brilliant and should have our full support to get back to his best.

Back