Morelos No More and those short goal kicks

Who would you rather have as our striker?
Pains me to say I'd take Edouard any day of the week

Only one of them scores in Europe breaking records along the way , only one of them gets a laughable £30 million valuation for scoring goals in Scottish football

The stats are there for all to see , ignore the hype Morelos has the better record on the big stage

Serious question - is he actually fit?

I noticed this angle from the Daily Rebel - compared to a season back:

0_Bayer-04-Leverkusen-v-Rangers-FC-UEFA-Europa-League-Round-of-16-Second-Leg.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000453366037-e1551572476973.jpg
Those pictures tell a story he literally has a double chin on the top pick shocking it really is.

The lad needs 2 week's of being utterly hammered in the fitness stakes....top earner at club in that Nick the coaching staff need questions asked why he's in that state

He’s going to play himself on to the bench and not get back off it .

This, and as a club we should. Get the fee we want and that's it. Otherwise he stays.
If this is his attitude he will never fulfill his potential, can't help but think after the tracker incident his wife is like 'why aint we in France yet' and Lille agreeing terms. Unproffesional.

Last edited:
This, and as a club we should. Get the fee we want and that's it. Otherwise he stays.
If this is his attitude he will never fulfill his potential, can't help but think after the tracker incident his wife is like 'why aint we in France yet' and Lille agreeing terms. Unproffesional.

Should tell them to come to a price or we are Getting them done for tapping up as they basically have .

I still find it bizarre why Arfield and Hagi didn't start the game, both made a difference when they came on, Jack and Davis can't play in the same team and Davis although being a fine player, his legs have now gone. Still can't fathom why Jones has been told to find a new club, when Barker should be out the door before him, thought Jones done ok when he came on.
I must admit that I thought starting Davis was odd. He is obviously very fit for his age but the Bayer players are very fit for their age too: about 10 years younger. The heat must have been sapping and no matter what anyone says, you cant acclimatise to that in a day. Again, Jones looked decent when he came on but it looks like it his attitude away from football that has created his release. Bottom, line is that the match was really a shot to nothing. Players got time in their legs and wont come up against such good one touch football often this season

If I was Morelos I'd be going to see a cardiologist because his heart seems incapable of being "in it" for more than six month spells at a time.

I must admit that I thought starting Davis was odd. He is obviously very fit for his age but the Bayer players are very fit for their age too: about 10 years younger. The heat must have been sapping and no matter what anyone says, you cant acclimatise to that in a day. Again, Jones looked decent when he came on but it looks like it his attitude away from football that has created his release. Bottom, line is that the match was really a shot to nothing. Players got time in their legs and wont come up against such good one touch football often this season
I think Gerrard used the game to help Davis and Helander get match fit.

Morelos has been out of form since December last year, i don`t think Gerrard will start him on Sunday.

Morelos used to nutmeg guys at least once a game on the corner edge of the box when they got too close to him, that's something else that has gone from his game

The risk of these short free kicks is for us to get between lines and counter due to opposition pressing higher. It's to help combat the back line of 4 and 5. So I can see sense in it but aye its nervy at times.

Morelos used to nutmeg guys at least once a game on the corner edge of the box when they got too close to him, that's something else that has gone from his game

It’s all down to a lack of fitness. He’s in very poor condition and if he doesn’t make changes it will be to the detriment of his career.

I am a big fan of Morelos but he is going through the motions a bit now. He is not showing 100% effort which is fair enough but what he doesnt understand is its playing him out of more wages and a bigger move to a bigger club by not being 100% with it and with fitness.

Looked a totally different Alfredo from the player we all know & love.
I think he’ll be off by the end of the week I hope not though.
I dont think it was massively different to what we have seen since the winter break. His form dipped, he struggled and then chucked it some time ago.

Nothing stuck with Morelos last night, absolutely nada!!!! He showed a complete lack on interest and disrespect for a the club who has gave him the platform to show his ability and as soon as 1 club comes knocking be sacks it.

Gerrard needs to stop wrapping him in cotton wool, tell it as it is etc and show him no1 is bigger than the club. I just hope a deal is done and he's off because at this rate his value is dropping rapidly with his attitude, application and fitness which before anyone questions is blatantly obvious in decline given the size of him!!!!

I WAS a big fan of Morelos but he is overweight and as a result has lost a half yard and sharpness. His head is not in it and we should sell before the arse falls out his value.As things are at the moment, I also think our newly signed strikers may help the team be more effective domestically.

The short goal kick carry on frightens me. It's fine when you have players comfortable with the ball or we are playing diddy scotshit teams but against teams like last night who put us under pressure as soon as the goalie kicks it to a defender is only asking for trouble. Sometimes it makes sense to blooter the ball as far upfield as possible.

The two errors we made I think was still doing it after they started closing down we should have started switching between going long and the short kicks it became routine for them to move to positions near the box.

Second part is should the midfielders need to come to the ball in the centre to pull the opposition deeper at that point you go over the top if not down the line

Guardiola started doing this with barca to try create space in midfield and other teams have tried to copy it since
Just watch all the teams in the league now sitting ready to press at short bye kicks
The short goal kicks give me the fear.
Just watched a perfect example of what happens when keepers try to take short kicks when players are pressing, Man city and Real Madrid game.

Back