Morelos on free kicks

I did say that he is good at putting the ball in box but when its a direct shot on goal i wouldnt be against giving someone else a go. The thread is obviously about trying something else when it comes to an attempt on goal because obviously the op isnt suggesting morelos we take morelos out the box and have him hit a freekick when its going to be a cross thats needed. Tav can still hit all the ones he's good at.
Direct free kicks where the taker has a shot at goal are scored 7.5% of the time on average (source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...coring-so-far-at-the-world-cup/?noredirect=on )

I don't have the stats to hand, but I'd be surprised if James Tavernier isn't converting at a rate similar to or exceeding that. It's the equivalent of scoring about one in every thirteen.

He should take free kicks cos he can hit a baw hard ?

Primary school fitbaw:

If you are tall you are a centre half
If you are fast you are a winger
If you are popular you are centre forward
If you are shite or don't like football you are the goalie
If you can it the baw hard you are our free kick taker........

Simplicity!

I am sure the pecking order would have been well sorted on the training ground, but that doesn't mean a surprise low blaster should be off the table.

Yes. And the numbers back that up.
You are forgetting that Andy rarely gets th oppertunity to show off what he can do from set pieces,when he sitting on the bench.Keep your eye on Andy when he finally gets a run of games,and see what a magic left foot he has.Just saying it's my opinion.;)

You are forgetting that Andy rarely gets th oppertunity to show off what he can do from set pieces,when he sitting on the bench.Keep your eye on Andy when he finally gets a run of games,and see what a magic left foot he has.Just saying it's my opinion.;)
He's played 143 games for us, I think it's fair to say we've seen enough to form a judgement.

He's a decent player and has his strengths, but he isn't as good a crosser as Tavernier or Barisic.

Hi guys, my suggestion certainly got you going. However my concern now is I believe I’ve got a stalker on my tail.
Since posting this thread I got a message via FF saying ‘ Gersfc21 is
following you ‘ Anybody else get that
that type of message ? What’s it all
about ? ( Alfie, still retaining my sense
of humour).

No way want Alfie sniffing about in the 6 yard box snapping up half chances . would like to see more pullbacks to Davis central 20 yards out he can hit them and if the goalie knocks it down the buffalo rolls it in

Hi guys, my suggestion certainly got you going. However my concern now is I believe I’ve got a stalker on my tail.
Since posting this thread I got a message via FF saying ‘ Gersfc21 is
following you ‘ Anybody else get that
that type of message ? What’s it all
about ? ( Alfie, still retaining my sense
of humour).
He likes you mate, that's all.

With Tav being a bit hit or miss maybe
we should add a bit of variety.
Anybody who can hit a ball as hard and straight as him deserves a chance. If he gets it beyond the wall and on target the keeper is going to
have a helluva job preventing a goal.
Just think of the excitement as he starts his run up. Could he be the new
Big Jörg ?
Straight is probably not a good thing for a free kick taker.
Unless you are an Albertz.

Back