Morelos on instagram...

So he's agreed a deal with a new club for an 8 figure fee but he's playing for Rangers on thursday?

That's awfully nice of Lille to allow him to risk injury like that.

Spot on. Lille let him play in a tough physical fixture against Aberdeen, then travel to Germany to play another game, after spending the guts of £20M on him? Almost unheard-of generosity, unless...

It;s probably been agreed but obviously not signed. It's up to us whether we take the chance of playing him. I'd say the deal will most likely be done by the weekend. Will be interesting whether Alfie travels back with the squad.
Even if it's not signed, Lille aren't allowing us to play him.

He’s our player. It’s not up to Lille whether we play him or not. It’s us that would be taking the risk.
Even less chance of that.
If the deal has been agreed, we're not gambling something above 15 million quid on one game.

Out of curiosity - why not?

We’ve prob spent about £10m (Hagi, Roofe and Itten) this window.

We spent about the same the last window (Mostly Kent and Helander)

Since last summers signings we’ve had an extended run in the europa league beyond the groups, signed a new lucrative deal with Castore in much more favourable terms. Got rid of the likes of Fod, Halliday, Polster, Retc off the wage bill. Numerous new shirt sponsor deals. Plus the “investment” that was planned pre-lockdown was “still on track” according to Douglas Park.

I do think Morelos will go but i don’t think it would be so outrageous to see him stay for another year.

Think big mate! The tide is turning!
I like you!,
, and that was before I even noticed your username :)

This is Morelos last game unfortunately. The deal is done for Lille. Which aloud us to precede with the 2 deals today. Morelos deal was done end of last week. Sad to see him go but excited for the 2 new signing . Thanks Alfie

What the Aberdeen game was his last game or the Leverkusen game will be his last?

Don't see how a buyer would allow anyone they have just bought to continue playing for their old club.

What the Aberdeen game was his last game or the Leverkusen game will be his last?

Don't see how a buyer would allow anyone they have just bought to continue playing for their old club.

We just did exactly that with Itten.

As mad as the loveable bastard is I can’t see him saying ‘1 more game’. ‘I’m still #1’ is probably more likely but just imagine it’s ‘1 more season’!

Ideally we’ll sign a dynamic midfielder but as things stand you’d have to fancy it with the squad we have just now.

2 attacking FBs, choice of 4 solid CHs. Davis, Jack and Kamara while not offering a huge amount going forward they are tidy and do control games.

With that foundation it’d allow 3 of Morelos, Kent, Hagi, Aribo and two new boys to get the goals.

That said I’m sure Morelos will be off.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity - why not?

We’ve prob spent about £10m (Hagi, Roofe and Itten) this window.

We spent about the same the last window (Mostly Kent and Helander)

Since last summers signings we’ve had an extended run in the europa league beyond the groups, signed a new lucrative deal with Castore in much more favourable terms. Got rid of the likes of Fod, Halliday, Polster, Retc off the wage bill. Numerous new shirt sponsor deals. Plus the “investment” that was planned pre-lockdown was “still on track” according to Douglas Park.

I do think Morelos will go but i don’t think it would be so outrageous to see him stay for another year.

Think big mate! The tide is turning!

tenor.gif

I think and hope he is saying I.m still no1 striker if so he already knows it's time knuckle down he has genuine competition who could realistically keep him on the bench if he's not performing in turn we could and should be getting to see a better alfie

For as long as we are in the europa league morelos stays

If we go through which is a massive long shot he will be here until we get put out

Football is what dreams are made off, however Thursday it could all come crashing down.

Though just dream we made it to final and won does he stay or go knowing CL football would we even need to sell to fund players this year.

I think he will go don't want him to but his sale could catapult us forward

If there are teams interested I would rather it was done sooner rather than later, even if it means missing him on Thursday.

Even this Instagram post, and his recent tweet mentioning Lille. Imagine going into January on a great run the league and the big circus starts again.

Maybe I'm being harsh, and within the club none of this noise filters through.

Just my take on it. Never mind all the cryptic shite. He should have been on welcoming his new team mates nevermind posting attention seeking.

Great player one of the best in recent memory. But I am getting a bit sick of the sitcom around his future.

Reactions: BWO
Back