Morelos on the 18:40 flight to Heathrow

When we had English players under Souness it was not uncommon for some of them to head down to England after a game on Sat as most of their families were still living there.

I was flying back after the match and a fella who was a bluenose at security said Morelos was on that flight. Confirmed by a Rangers Official on the Belfast flight as well. Seems like a quick turn around from playing 85 mins, to get out and straight to the airport for that flight, I'm surprised the club let him go without being there for all the after match duties I'm sure comes with playing on a match day? Is this normal for players to leave so soon after games?

He lives in London. Only travels up 2 days before match day for a couple of training sessions & the match itself.

That’s why he’s so fat, because isn’t training & spends his time scranning at Borough market.

I was flying back after the match and a fella who was a bluenose at security said Morelos was on that flight. Confirmed by a Rangers Official on the Belfast flight as well. Seems like a quick turn around from playing 85 mins, to get out and straight to the airport for that flight, I'm surprised the club let him go without being there for all the after match duties I'm sure comes with playing on a match day? Is this normal for players to leave so soon after games?
Lucky you, I saw Carlos Peña on a flight once

Reminded me about the great story about Rivaldo. Imagine Alf did this

Cruyff explains: “One time, Romario asked me if he could miss two days of training to return to Brazil for the carnival in Rio de Janeiro.

“I replied: ‘If you score two goals tomorrow, I’ll give you two extra days rest compared to the other players.’

“The next day, Romario scored his second goal 20 minutes into the game and immediately gestured to me asking to leave.

You going to tell us what Rivaldo did mate? Did he lay on the 2 goals for Romario? :p

Many a true word in jest?

Millwall looking for CF and 25% of the largest South American group (Columbians) live in South London. You heard it here first
You could say that for virtually any demographic - It’s London, the place is fckn massive.

I doubt he’d move there just to befriend random Columbians.

Exactly, some players have been going to London etc at weekends after gamesfor years and years.

Mental there is actually a thread on it.
I was literally just wondering is it normal for players to leave so soon after the games as I thought they would of had some post match duties etc. Also to beat the Ibrox traffic at that time is some going. Most haven't even read the full post lol

flying-airport.gif

A lad that plays in our veterans football team in London is a former Colombian International and is now an agent. Every transfer of every South American player into the UK goes through him (only coming in, not going out), so he meets loads of players (including Morelos) regularly for a meal and catch up in London.

Back