Morelos on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Walters

Looks like he's gone. Yes it is snide to retweet Palace rumour and f*** off from training to airport but he is a grown up, and a contractor, and he wants more money and fame and kudos.

Not a lot we can do except try and maximise what we receive from cash rich CPFC.

To be fair we will miss his goals but not his 'cheerful happy face'...
He hasn't ditched training tho, the players are off until Friday. You can question his temperament obviously but not his commitment, he has never gave us anything less than 100% and if/when he goes he will undoubtedly make us a tonne of cash.

LoganBear

Official Ticketer
Looks like he's gone. Yes it is snide to retweet Palace rumour and f*** off from training to airport but he is a grown up, and a contractor, and he wants more money and fame and kudos.

Not a lot we can do except try and maximise what we receive from cash rich CPFC.

To be fair we will miss his goals but not his 'cheerful happy face'...
Is he not allowed to go to the airport or go away for a night or 2 if the players have been given some time off?

Or is it just the wee man whos no allowed?:))

Im maybe in the minority but I will be gutted if/when he moves on.

Yes he has his faults but what a player he is and make no mistake we will miss him, not saying he is irreplaceable but Im still hoping against hope that he stays for 1 more year for this seasons title challenge.

A

Ali Baba

Swings/roundabouts - he didn't score as many against top six as he might have and few in semi finals or finals.
He carried us at times the past season.There were games we were never scoring until he popped up.Im not saying he isn’t replaceable but it will take something special to get someone who will hit the ground running and giving us that kind of return.Believe it they fear him and want him gone.

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
He carried us at times the past season.There were games we were never scoring until he popped up.Im not saying he isn’t replaceable but it will take something special to get someone who will hit the ground running and giving us that kind of return.Believe it they fear him and want him gone.
We can replace him and let's be optimistic. Davis was finished, Kamara had poor second season with Dundee, Katic was a bomb scare....remember?! :)

A

Ali Baba

If we can get a few quid for him fair enough.With cash we can buy a bit of quality.But he need replacing.Defoe is a terrific player but we need someone else in.

Starting Anew

1. We get enough money for 2-3 excellent reinforcements
2. We lose the fear that Alfie will self destruct and sink the team
3. The media (and SFA) lose their main narrative tool against us

I love Morelos but it’s not hard to see positives.
While Alfie will leave and while his discipline could be better, I just don’t see an argument that him leaving will remove the media and SFA agenda against us. They’ll have just hounded our best player out of Scotland. Why would they stop? It’ll just change to someone else.

We already had a few renditions of “Defoe is a diver” last year. If Alfie goes that seems the most obvious next attack. Though if Ojo continues his current form then I suspectthat it’ll be him labelled a “diver” and that players are entitled to kick him because he is “disrespectful” (remember that long before Alfie?). So he’ll pick up bookings for ‘diving’ and will endure ‘tackles’ at knee height.

Alfie will go for the fee right for us but suggesting that we should do it because of the agenda against him is not valid. Appeasement has rarely been a productive strategy.

TheAdman

Won’t miss the frustration that comes with Morelos (the red cards, silly behaviour etc.) but the goals are a massive loss to the squad. Same with his physical presence in battling with the hammer throwers of this league. If he goes a suitable replacement of someone that can find the net as consistently as him is critical imo. Is Roofe that type of player?

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
No backtracking on the fact you made an arse of him being at the airport on his days off?
Apart from saying sorry to the poster who put me right? And what back tracing? He will net us over £10m profit and we will move on. I am perfectly comfortable with where we are now even if he leaves...no change in that at all.

WATP3006

Just my opinion but I think he will struggle in the EPL if that’s where he ends up.

That doesn’t mean I don’t like him, want him gone or anything negative towards him.

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
Just my opinion but I think he will struggle in the EPL if that’s where he ends up.

That doesn’t mean I don’t like him, want him gone or anything negative towards him.
He can learn but he's nowhere near ready now or a finished article. He has the basics though....strength, pace and eye for goal.

texas_pedro

A lot of focus on his red cards, of which two I think were fair (the Aberdeen one at ibrox and the one against Celtic). But not so much focus on when his goals pulled us out a hole. St Johnstone springs to mind, great performance at the sheep and his volume of goals are hard to replace.

People talk about his goals like it’s easy to replace. It’s one of the hardest things to get especially for what he cost.

He’s moody, petulant but also young, talented and will give us a profit. If he goes, best of luck to him.

JCDarcheville

It shows how far we’ve moved forwards that I’m not that bothered if he goes now. So long as we get a decent wedge it could be good for us if properly reinvested. We played our best football last season with Alfredo out of the team.

WinkieWATP

Won’t miss the frustration that comes with Morelos (the red cards, silly behaviour etc.) but the goals are a massive loss to the squad. Same with his physical presence in battling with the hammer throwers of this league. If he goes a suitable replacement of someone that can find the net as consistently as him is critical imo. Is Roofe that type of player?
Roofe is similar in style to Wilson of Bournemouth but not as good. Doesn't posses the physicality of Morelos but does score goals.

WATP3006

He can learn but he's nowhere near ready now or a finished article. He has the basics though....strength, pace and eye for goal.
I agree.

Would love to see him smash it down there but where he is at now I think he would struggle.

Scottish football suits Alfie’s style.

Lawsome

The cognitive dissonance around Alfie is cringeworthy. Like you need to be some sort of body language expert or behavioural psychologist to see what he's been like since the day he arrived.

Looking forward to cashing in and getting replacements and quality elsewhere with the funds.

Mark Walters

Played our best football of last season when he was suspended towards the end. He’s a marked man in scotland whether you believe he deserves it or not.

Good luck to Alfie. Time to move on.
We did but there's an argument to be made that by that point the league was done so they were less pressurised games, there's no question he'll be difficult to replace but I believe Allen and Gerrard will have been sounding out a replacement for months so it's not going to be something we can't recover from, and when he does go he goes with my full blessings and thanks.

RFC4ME

Madness.

Tim Weah just went for 10m.

Selling Morelos for 10m would be like retiring after 40 years service to BHS.
PSG sold Tim Weah.....making reference to PSG selling a player when talking about Rangers selling a player is so far off center.

Wee Dick's Hairnet

It shows how far we’ve moved forwards that I’m not that bothered if he goes now. So long as we get a decent wedge it could be good for us if properly reinvested. We played our best football last season with Alfredo out of the team.
Probably sums up my feelings although I don’t get some of the posts on here that he is 100% away based on someone spotting him at an airport.

WinkieWATP

PSG sold Tim Weah.....making reference to PSG selling a player when talking about Rangers selling a player is so far off center.
Well since England will likely be his destination Southampton want 10m for that big dumpling Charlie Austin

AdiCR2

We are an absolute nightmare at times. Morelos goes away with his missus and he has f*ked off from training.

Why would he want to play in China? More to the point why would an 18 year old Columbian who barely speaks any language other than Spanish would want to move to finland, scotland etc? Hes a professional trying to make money for his family.

Everyone stop being so dramatic or else I will have to give my missus my log in for here and she will fit in!

Bluebrox

While he remains with us - which I don't think will be too much longer - i think/hope SG plays him 'sparingly'.

The last thing we need is an injury which could scupper a deal.

LoganBear

Official Ticketer
Anything over 10 million for him would be like a genuine lottery win for us.
I genuinely wouldnt sell for £10million and I dont think the club will either.

I think gone are the days of us selling our prize assets under value.

Hate speaking about that rancid organisation however they are excellent at over-achieving on outgoing transfer fees and we need to take a leaf out of their book in this.

texas_pedro

How obtuse do you want to be?

PSG sold a 25 year old striker to Utrecht last summer for nothing. I wonder how that works in your logic. And Celtic signing Edouard must be mind blowing.

In general, they will get better “market value” than we do. Of course. But that is one of many factors, and the quality of the player is surely the ultimate one.
Quality of player is important but the most important thing for value is what people are willing to pay. You can’t force teams to bid £10m+. A lot of teams will see Morelos as a project, one with a discipline problem (rightly or wrongly), and might feel they can get better value at that price else where.

RFC4ME

How obtuse do you want to be?

PSG sold a 25 year old striker to Utrecht last summer for nothing. I wonder how that works in your logic. And Celtic signing Edouard must be mind blowing.

In general, they will get better “market value” than we do. Of course. But that is one of many factors, and the quality of the player is surely the ultimate one.
I don't really think its obtuse, to me it is just stating the obvious.

PSG are patently a far more cash rich club than us so thus their context and circumstance is just totally removed from us - the way they can trade in the market just doesn't compare in anyway to that in which Rangers do.

The players will clearly carry a higher value and premium than a Rangers player when PSG see fit.

Starting Anew

We are an absolute nightmare at times. Morelos goes away with his missus and he has f*ked off from training.

Why would he want to play in China? More to the point why would an 18 year old Columbian who barely speaks any language other than Spanish would want to move to finland, scotland etc? Hes a professional trying to make money for his family.

Everyone stop being so dramatic or else I will have to give my missus my log in for here and she will fit in!
Especially when it appeared Davis was also off down south to see his family implying that the squad do have some time off at present.

Morelos May or may not go. I’ll be raging if we get less than £20mill for him as Dembele showed that was the market rate for an inferior player by all metrics. But I could understand it if we do end up selling for £15.

He needs to improve on discipline and react less. But he was a marked man and many of his offences were nonsense or the result of him eventually responding after being hacked for ages without any protection. I’d prefer him not to react but we shouldn’t need to buy angels. And angels without fight rarely win things.

He’ll be a massive loss when he goes. He is a £20mill striker. They don’t come to Scotland often. There certainly is no conveyer belt of them available for £1mill as some seem to think. It is very unlikely that his replacement will score the same number of goals. Because his goals return was unusual. Equally our whole team is set up off his power. It is fairly unlikely that his replacement will be able to bully whole defences off of long balls the way that Alfie can. But we hopefully now have midfielders and wingers that will mean we won’t have to ping long balls.

Anyone saying we will not be worse without him is wrong. Anyone saying that he is irreplaceable is wrong. But the replacement won’t be a single player. It’ll be the goals and hold up play spread across the front 3.

Starting Anew

I don't really think its obtuse, to me it is just stating the obvious.

PSG are patently a far more cash rich club than us so thus their context and circumstance is just totally removed from us - the way they can trade in the market just doesn't compare in anyway to that in which Rangers do.

The players will clearly carry a higher value and premium than a Rangers player.
Being cash rich just makes it easy to say no to bids.

As far as we know, we are able to say no to lowball bids too. From that point of view, there is little difference.

Now PSG can say no to fees that would blow us away. But £10mill for Morelos is not that.

RFC4ME

I genuinely wouldnt sell for £10million and I dont think the club will either.

I think gone are the days of us selling our prize assets under value.

Hate speaking about that rancid organisation however they are excellent at over-achieving on outgoing transfer fees and we need to take a leaf out of their book in this.
I think some have totally skewed their value of Morelos based on a supposed bid from China and what EPL teams spend on, what quite often is actually pretty genuine and proven quality from established leagues.

10 million or above for Morelos even in the current "market" which is only really teams in England and a select few in Europe is fucken mental money.

Status
Not open for further replies.