Morelos on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
because he scored goals against Cardoso and Martin? Really?

I don’t know why you’re being so obtuse.

He’s a highly rated French U21 striker. Who, managed to score for them on the big stage, unfortunately.

Doesn’t matter who the defenders were, ffs.

Hattrick in an old firm game on your CV, is impressive.

They got good money for him, because they could point to old firm hat tricks, CL goals, his nationality and his potential.

He’s a highly rated French U21 striker. Who, managed to score for them on the big stage, unfortunately.

They got good money for him, because they could point to old firm hat tricks, CL goals, his nationality and his potential.
I don't think it would have added to his value tbh. It's the same with Morelos; I don't think any potential suitors are going to be concerned because he hasn't scored against the filth.

I don't think it would have added to his value tbh. It's the same with Morelos; I don't think any potential suitors are going to be concerned because he hasn't scored against the filth.

We’ll agree to disagree on that one.

Those games are cauldrons and highlight ability to perform under severe pressure.

That will have an impact on interest, especially for Morelos.

Anyone else a bit miffed that Morelos seems so keen to move away?
Tough shit if true.

We only sell at the right price. If palace are offering well below our asking price I would tell them to bolt and that’s being polite.

We sell on our terms and Alfie will have to buckle down and keep banging them in. He will eventually get the move he craves if true.

Dembele’s value was based on his youth pedigree, his ongoing success in Scotland, the fact that he had played in England with some competence and the fact that he had scored some Champion’s League goals, particularly as some had been against the famous Man City (reserves). No one in their right mind gave a monkey’s about him scoring against Kiernan and Senderos. Dembele is a good player with a good pedigree. Old Firm games have nothing to do with it.

Morelos’ value is now based on Dembele being a yardstick for the SPL. Morelos is better than Dembele in Scotland on every metric. He is more rarely injured. He is a harder worker. He scores more and creates more. He is better at leading the line single handed. Like Dembele, he has been successful at several clubs. He does not have the CL shine but he has made team of the week on a few occasions in Europa League which equals scoring in meaningless CL games.

If Dembele’s transfer hadn’t happened then I don’t know what we would have aimed at. But, as it did happen, we know the market price for a slightly inferior player on equivalent stats. Expecting a comparable price is fully to be expected.

Old firm goals? managed to rack up a few against senderos & Kiernan must be a world beater

Not to stick up for either point, but I would doubt anyone would delve that far into it to see the players he was against when he scored the goals.

A statement like that goes along the lines of any goal van dyke conceded when playing with them makes that striker a world class is scoring against senderos, kiernan, mcrorie, Alves etc etc any different to Adam Rooney or our old friend Michael ohallaran scoring against van dyke. Its the team that matters as they are perceived to have better players.

No.

He needs a fresh start.

Is he blameless ? Absolutely not but he's simply not going to get a fair shake from officials going forward.

Ideal situation is we get the money, he gets his move and we replace him with Roofe or AN Other.

This is exactly how I feel

Miffed based on shite posted on here? Mah.
There have been some rumblings from him that he's looking to move on, tbf he's never made a big secret of the fact he wants to play in a bigger league and that's perfectly fine, as long as while he's here he gives his absolute all then we can't ask for more and that's exactly what he's gave us and we have no reason to believe he won't in the future.

The worry here is that if he stays with us and doesn't score for a few weeks, we'll have fans accusing him of 'downing tools' and it will become an accepted fact that he was trying to force a move in the summer.

The worry here is that if he stays with us and doesn't score for a few weeks, we'll have fans accusing him of 'downing tools' and it will become an accepted fact that he was trying to force a move in the summer.
He's very moody, wears his heart on his sleeve, but he is not the type to down tools. He's had constant speculation about moving on, bids rejected etc... and he has not done that. He will know his position, you can go for the right offer, until then keep doing what you are doing and it will come.

There was nothing in his cameo on Tuesday to suggest he won't continue to score goals for us. Shite opposition but the same desire from Morelos to get on the scoresheet.

Last edited:
Not to stick up for either point, but I would doubt anyone would delve that far into it to see the players he was against when he scored the goals.

A statement like that goes along the lines of any goal van dyke conceded when playing with them makes that striker a world class is scoring against senderos, kiernan, mcrorie, Alves etc etc any different to Adam Rooney or our old friend Michael ohallaran scoring against van dyke. Its the team that matters as they are perceived to have better players.
you are right, individual players that make up the team surely do count. And in the context of the goals he scored against us we were a very poor team.

Are you serious? It matters, in fact it means everything. He battered the worst top flight Rangers defence most of us have seen. Morelos would take Rob Kiernan, Danny Wilson and Russell Martin to the cleaners, he’s never had the fortune of playing for a Rangers team thats 10 times more powerful than theirs though.

Sometimes I need to check i’m definitely on a Rangers forum.

Yeah we’ve already seen that shite perpetuated in recent with regards to his forum after the China bid, when the entire team sank without a trace.

I think one thing that’s clear is he will never be forgiven by some. There’ll be no issue whatsoever with forgiving shagger though despite a crazy suspension prior to an OF and about 3 or 4 other off the ball kicks previously.

There really is an element of the daft around the whole.... aye but we were shite then thing...

Celtic were the absolute dregs during most of Smiths 1st tenure - still means McCoist goals against them were fucken magic.

it is possible for two things to be exclusively correct.

ie. McCoist was both excellent and Celtic were shite.

I think you’d struggle to find the vitriol and negative comments about a player who’s just been named supporters and players player of the year on his own clubs fans forum anywhere else in Europe.

The last Morelos thread and now this one. The talking down of the player is quite sad actually. We are our own worst enemy.

Dembele’s value was based on his youth pedigree, his ongoing success in Scotland, the fact that he had played in England with some competence and the fact that he had scored some Champion’s League goals, particularly as some had been against the famous Man City (reserves). No one in their right mind gave a monkey’s about him scoring against Kiernan and Senderos. Dembele is a good player with a good pedigree. Old Firm games have nothing to do with it.

Morelos’ value is now based on Dembele being a yardstick for the SPL. Morelos is better than Dembele in Scotland on every metric. He is more rarely injured. He is a harder worker. He scores more and creates more. He is better at leading the line single handed. Like Dembele, he has been successful at several clubs. He does not have the CL shine but he has made team of the week on a few occasions in Europa League which equals scoring in meaningless CL games.

If Dembele’s transfer hadn’t happened then I don’t know what we would have aimed at. But, as it did happen, we know the market price for a slightly inferior player on equivalent stats. Expecting a comparable price is fully to be expected.
If dunbelle had morelos work effic he work be up there with the best as much as it pains me he is a more accomplices player

Same shite as when he was linked with China.

There was absolutely no evidence he was remotely interested in wasting away in China, however that didn't stop accusations of having his 'head turned' and being in a huff, and it wasn't just looneys making the claims, some folk who should have known better were pushing that nonsense.

Imho,, Dembele is currently by far a better striker/finisher than morelos. Bears are kidding themselves on if they think otherwise.

Swings and roundabouts I guess. I'd tend to agree Dembele is the better natural finisher. Morelos might not be quite as his level for that (yet!) but brings so much more to the team in terms of workrate, tenacity and, of course, availability - whilst still getting a barrow-load of goals. AM is, for me, a better all-round 'package'.

Last edited:
People can argue otherwise but Morelos lack of goals against Celtic doesn’t help his value. Like it or not he’s missed some absolute sitters in these games including an incredible open goal miss. His valuation might be impacted by what outsiders will see as his lack of performance in big games (flat track bully) and his so called discipline issues.

For what it’s worth I love the wee guy, I hope he stays and batters in another 30-40 goals.

Based on what mate?

He’s said himself on a few occasions that he wants to play at a higher level.

I’ve also read on this thread that he took a wee bit of time to get his head around us knocking back the offer from China. This leads me to believe that he would have taken the offer from China had we accepted the fee. That’s not a higher level.

So why did Morelos score more goals? Genuine question?

In 2017/18? You think boyd was the best striker in scotland that season then?

Scum had more of a spread of goals in their side and dembele was injured a fair bit.

You reckon morelos could walk into ligue 1 and end up 4th top scorer in his first season?

Love alfie but imho he’s not as good as dembele. Massive potential tho and may end up far better.

Dembele had worth before he ever arrived in Scotland because of his coaching history, work at Unders level etc.

It was known he had talent as such, it was a case of teams wanting to see the evidence to pull the trigger on it.

Morelos still has an element of the gamble to him.

** that's not saying he is shite etc, but he still pretty unproven

I think you’d struggle to find the vitriol and negative comments about a player who’s just been named supporters and players player of the year on his own clubs fans forum anywhere else in Europe.

The last Morelos thread and now this one. The talking down of the player is quite sad actually. We are our own worst enemy.
And tbh I don't blame him for wanting away from this backwater he gets nothing but abuse from all directions

And tbh I don't blame him for wanting away from this backwater he gets nothing but abuse from all directions

He really doesn't you know, he is pretty loved from his manager, club and fans.....

If he moves to England for example he would likely still get shit from media, other teams and refs etc.

Scotland is a pretty tame football nation in comparison to loads of other leagues.

because he scored goals against Cardoso and Martin? Really?
Buying teams won't look at that the and say aww the rangers defence was shite. The fact is on paper him scoring against us and also in the champions league boosted his value spurs tried to buy him the January before he went to Celtic but it fell through. Morelos is view by other teams down south as a potentially very good player who has disciplinary issues and who is untested at a higher level so will try to get him on the cheap it's how football works

Imho,, Dembele is currently by far a better striker/finisher than morelos. Bears are kidding themselves on if they think otherwise.

I genuinely dont think there is much in it.

There are parts of eachs game which are better than the others.

Possibly dembele just shades it as has scored goals in the champions league and also in league 1.

But I think wee freddo can go on and have just as good or even better a career than dembele...if he can sort his indiscretions out.

He's our most popular player with the fan base for at least 10 years. He's a hero of the support, especially our younger fans who are too young to actually remember us being good and winning things. He has a cult like, popstar status with many in our support because he's the first decent player they can remember turning up every week to watch.

The notion he gets abuse from all angles in our support is total nonsense.

He played more games. Their records that season aren't that different

Morelos - 43 games, 18 goals
Dembele - 39 games, 16 goals
Dembele was also their main pen taker, which is quite key to note.

Dembele is a good player but Morelos is simply better on just about every metric - given the fact the market has moved on again in the year since Dembele left, expecting that kind of money for him is not unreasonable

He's our most popular player with the fan base for at least 10 years. He's a hero of the support, especially our younger fans who are too young to actually remember us being good and winning things. He has a cult like, popstar status with many in our support because he's the first decent player they can remember turning up every week to watch.

The notion he gets abuse from all angles in our support is total nonsense.

Folk too entrenched in the FF bubble, mate!

If he goes we simply have to expect clubs to pay over the odds for our best player. £10m would be nothing short of a joke imo yet some on here would drive him down there for that money.

Bizarre

We going to ignore the independent market value tracking websites the have dembele at 10x the value of morelos then?

I reckon we might get 15m for him but whoever pays that still has a lot of work to do on him.

He played more games. Their records that season aren't that different

Morelos - 43 games, 18 goals
Dembele - 39 games, 16 goals

Yep. So nearly identical goals per game. With Dembele playing in a much stronger overall side.

And last season Alfie dwarfed him against similar defenders when the team around him improved.

If Dembele was this ‘better striker’ he’d have scored more goals. Not the same number.

Alfie’s career stats are also better than Dembele’s.

And Alfie contributes much more to the team overall and vastly dwarfs Dembele’s assists.

I could understand Celtic fans misrepresenting things to say that their man was better. I do not understand Rangers fans doing it. The stats in the same league are clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back