Morelos on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. So nearly identical goals per game. With Dembele playing in a much stronger overall side.

And last season Alfie dwarfed him against similar defenders when the team around him improved.

If Dembele was this ‘better striker’ he’d have scored more goals. Not the same number.

Alfie’s career stats are also better than Dembele’s.

And Alfie contributes much more to the team overall and vastly dwarfs Dembele’s assists.

I could understand Celtic fans misrepresenting things to say that their man was better. I do not understand Rangers fans doing it. The stats in the same league are clear.

Fair enough, you’re almost selling him to me :)

I just remember thinking “oh fukk here we go” whenever dembele got the ball within 30yds of our goal, even now i think “small chance here” when morelos gets it in the box.

We going to ignore the independent market value tracking websites the have dembele at 10x the value of morelos then?

I reckon we might get 15m for him but whoever pays that still has a lot of work to do on him.

Dembele is going to be heading back to England soon enough with price tag of £40m mentioned. Morelos stats are similar to his so surely if he goes to England we can expect £20m.

Goalscorers are hard to come by. Heard yesterday West Ham haven't had a 20 goal a season striker since Tony Cottee for example.

I just remember thinking “oh fukk here we go” whenever dembele got the ball within 30yds of our goal, even now i think “small chance here” when morelos gets it in the box.

That's nothing to do with the players though, that's a fairly normal reaction of any football fan of any club watching any old player. Unless McCoist was playing of course.;)

I would back Alfie in any team to do better than Dembele.
That doesn't mean Dembele isn't a good player, it just means Alfie is better.
Had Alfie played for a Filth team that was basically given every advantage going during Dembele's time there, Alfie would have run riot.
And he wouldn't be carrying this exaggerated notoriety over his discipline.

Regarding his discipline, yes he could be smarter and yes he has been lured into a few stupid moments, but when you analyse them one by one you can easily see that he has been victimised by Scottish officials.
He wasn't the first Rangers player to suffer this and he won't be the last.

Are you serious? It matters, in fact it means everything. He battered the worst top flight Rangers defence most of us have seen. Morelos would take Rob Kiernan, Danny Wilson and Russell Martin to the cleaners, he’s never had the fortune of playing for a Rangers team thats 10 times more powerful than theirs though.

Sometimes I need to check i’m definitely on a Rangers forum.

You think Lyon looked at his hattrick and thought ‘philippe senderos though’? It matters to us, but outside the Glasgow goldfish bowl, it, does, not, matter!

Btw, as for the comment about whether you’re on a ‘rangers forum’ or not, you don’t have a superior opinion. C*nts are allowed to have different opinions ffs.

I don’t rate dembele. He’s a sicknote but his cv reads goals in old firm games, goals in champions league and goals for France at u21 level. Of course that will attract attention.

It’s not rocket science (canny be giving credit to the mentally challengeds for getting loadsa muney though)

He’s said himself on a few occasions that he wants to play at a higher level.

I’ve also read on this thread that he took a wee bit of time to get his head around us knocking back the offer from China. This leads me to believe that he would have taken the offer from China had we accepted the fee. That’s not a higher level.

Don’t believe everything you read on the internet bud, the stuff about him being in a huff after the China bid is a myth, a load of shite that has somehow became fact.

Is he a "sicknote" or was he ripping the pish at the scum?

I thought he played most games for Lyon last season?

Is he a "sicknote" or was he ripping the pish at the scum?

I thought he played most games for Lyon last season?

Only missed 2 games for Lyon last season I think.

Anyways, lets get back on track with Morelos rather than a Dhimmy 'reject'. Will Morelos start the return leg against St Josephs to let him build up his goals tally and keep him in the public eye or should we 'rest' him as the tie is done and dusted?

He played more games. Their records that season aren't that different

Morelos - 43 games, 18 goals
Dembele - 39 games, 16 goals

Do you know how many of the 16 were pens? I think at least 5 if I remember correctly. I think this makes a big difference in this particular comparison.

They are both great players and I do agree on the point that Dembele arrived at the bheasts with a pedigree that Morelos can't match from his youth. Add to that the CL goals etc and he then gets picked up by a club from France where he is known, then it is easier to understand that they would get the money they did for him.

I love Morelos and if on form he is worth a lot to us on the park, we have a massive season ahead and I for one would prefer we had a on form Morelos for the challenge ahead but anything around the £15M mark then I think that is money we can't say no to.

Think that is just your natural pessimism!

The comparative stats are clear. Alfie scores more and more per game both in Scotland and over his career. He is a more accomplished goal scorer.

And Dembele’s stats on assists and teamwork aren’t even in the same league as Morelos’.

Anyways, lets get back on track with Morelos rather than a Dhimmy 'reject'. Will Morelos start the return leg against St Josephs to let him build up his goals tally and keep him in the public eye or should we 'rest' him as the tie is done and dusted?

Got to play him, for me he’s our second choice striker at the moment.
Give him 90 mins, more goals win win!

He probably retweets a lot of things that’s look positive for him. I doubt he reads articles in newspapers when it isn’t his language(or even if they all were. He probably seen a line or 2 and retweeted among a load of other stuff.
It would surprise nobody to learn if the right club and conditions came he’d take another step up. I wouldn’t be surprised if the conditions weren’t right he’d get on with it for another season either.

He's our most popular player with the fan base for at least 10 years. He's a hero of the support, especially our younger fans who are too young to actually remember us being good and winning things. He has a cult like, popstar status with many in our support because he's the first decent player they can remember turning up every week to watch.

The notion he gets abuse from all angles in our support is total nonsense.
I wasn't talking about our support, well not in the main anyway

Yep. So nearly identical goals per game. With Dembele playing in a much stronger overall side.

And last season Alfie dwarfed him against similar defenders when the team around him improved.

If Dembele was this ‘better striker’ he’d have scored more goals. Not the same number.

Alfie’s career stats are also better than Dembele’s.

And Alfie contributes much more to the team overall and vastly dwarfs Dembele’s assists.

I could understand Celtic fans misrepresenting things to say that their man was better. I do not understand Rangers fans doing it. The stats in the same league are clear.

Agree Alfie’s a better all round player. More aware of others & better at beating a man. Also better work rate.
And don’t forget the 4 goals wrongly disallowed last season. All proven on TV. Albeit one of his goals at Hearts should have been disallowed for offside to be fair.

I’d play him & let him try to get a few. Good tactic imo mate.

Dembélé 26 in 55. Morelos 32 in 65. And Dembélé playing in a team that was trampling over everyone, and taking penalties. Plus when you consider Morelos’ work outside the box. No way is Dembélé a better player.

I saw them at home to Hamilton highlights on TV the season just before he left.
Dembele missed six chances on TV highlights alone. Not all sitters but decent chances. Alfie would have been slaughtered on here for it.

I'd rather have Morelos in my team over a season than Dembele.

Alfredo plays every game as if it's his last, whereas Dembele would coast certain games if he didn't fancy it.

If Alfredo overcomes his discipline issues, I believe he'll go further in the game than Dembele.

He's got way more development still to come than Dembele has.

Agree Alfie’s a better all round player. More aware of others & better at beating a man. Also better work rate.
And don’t forget the 4 goals wrongly disallowed last season. All proven on TV. Albeit one of his goals at Hearts should have been disallowed for offside to be fair.

Was that the one where he ran through their offside trap at the free kick? If so he wasn’t offside - was miles behind the ball when it was kicked. It was a brilliantly worked tactic from the training ground.

You might be talking about a different one?

Was that the one where he ran through their offside trap at the free kick? If so he wasn’t offside - was miles behind the ball when it was kicked. It was a brilliantly worked tactic from the training ground.

You might be talking about a different one?

It was I think a Tav free kick from maybe 40 - 45 yds mate from the right & Alfie attacked the front of the defensive line which was maybe 15-16 yds from goal. He took it with the inside of hims right & looped it just inside the back post.

I’m sure TV showed him about 18” offside.

We won 2.1. The day Arfield walked I think.

It was I think a Tav free kick from maybe 40 - 45 yds mate from the right & Alfie attacked the front of the defensive line which was maybe 15-16 yds from goal. He took it with the inside of hims right & looped it just inside the back post.

‘Twas indeed the Hearts game at Tynecastle mate.

You agree that one was slightly offside VB ? From memory the SMSM were gutted but it was actually quite a tight margin when you saw it.

It was very, very tight. If pushed - and if I remain neutral - I’d have said offside. Was one of very few tight decisions that went in our favour. In fact, it might have been the only one.

Dembélé 26 in 55. Morelos 32 in 65. And Dembélé playing in a team that was trampling over everyone, and taking penalties. Plus when you consider Morelos’ work outside the box. No way is Dembélé a better player.

Yes he is. Dembele turned up time and time against us, Morelos has yet to do the same against them when they have one of the worst defences in a long time.

Take your head out the sand.

I was thinking of the second in the 3-1 game at Ibrox I think

I really hope hes here for one more season, would benefit him greatly also.

He'll be very, very difficult to replace, hope Gerrard has someone in mind.

Yes he is. Dembele turned up time and time against us, Morelos has yet to do the same against them when they have one of the worst defences in a long time.

They also have a team thats just won a 3 trebles, so in context they have one of the most dominant teams they have had. They also had a 13 million pound player at centre back.

I really hope hes here for one more season, would benefit him greatly also.
I think that's how we could convince him to stay. Look at how much he has improved since we signed him: we can say to him "leave now, and you'll go to someone of the level of Palace or Newcastle. Leave in 12 months, and you could be going to a Wolves or an Everton." It's a long shot, right enough.

Means nothing. He's missed at least 4 sitters against them.

So he missed chances against them, what does that mean, that he doesn’t want to score against them, that he’s scared to score against them?

Or is it just that he has missed chances and it happens?

Other than last season I could have played CFfor Celtic against us and tried to miss and still scored ffs

So he missed chances against them, what does that mean, that he doesn’t want to score against them, that he’s scared to score against them?

Or is it just that he has missed chances and it happens?

Every striker misses chances.

Alfie hasn't missed chances against Celtic. He's missed sitters, including two open goals.

No one is saying he doesn't want to score but clearly at the crucial moment he's froze.

Alfie hasn't missed chances against Celtic. He's missed sitters, including two open goals.

No one is saying he doesn't want to score but clearly at the crucial moment he's froze.

Or had bad misses. Did you see Mbappe’s one at the start of the season where he literally cleared it off the line and over the bar? Or ever watch Boyd? Or McCoist?

The “freezes in big games” was a line that the weird contingent of our fans who want to do him down used last season. This season he has: scored crucial cup goals; been outstanding in Europe and been in team of the round; and scored the goal that put us top of the league for the first time in 6 years. Afraid that criticism no longer applies. Find some new ones. For your information, poor finisher is also out after he’s got one of the best scoring ratios in world football and hit 100 goals faster than Rooney and Ronaldo.

Or had bad misses. Did you see Mbappe’s one at the start of the season where he literally cleared it off the line and over the bar? Or ever watch Boyd? Or McCoist?

The “freezes in big games” was a line that the weird contingent of our fans who want to do him down used last season. This season he has: scored crucial cup goals; been outstanding in Europe and been in team of the round; and scored the goal that put us top of the league for the first time in 6 years. Afraid that criticism no longer applies. Find some new ones. For your information, poor finisher is also out after he’s got one of the best scoring ratios in world football and hit 100 goals faster than Rooney and Ronaldo.

SDF never rated him. Many an exchange with him at the start of last season. I’m not wasting my time in that old argument mate.

These happened in his 1st season, to keep harking back to them is pretty churlish.

One of them, the one in the 2-3 game at Ibrox he was outstanding that day, ran them ragged and then had a point blank freak miss that was nothing to do with freezing.

Why would he score important goals in Europe for us but ‘freeze’`against Celtic? Why would he bully them senseless in the season just past on the 28th of December if you think he’s nervous against them?

The only time he’s ‘really’ let us down against them and shown he’s let it get to him was at Parkhead at the end of last season.

Everyone has their own opinion on who is the better striker out of morelos and dembele but one things for sure, there's very little to split them yet the collective hard on that some on here have for dembele wouldn't be found over on kerryfail as far as morelos is concerned. We're truely our own worst enemies at times.

They also have a team thats just won a 3 trebles, so in context they have one of the most dominant teams they have had. They also had a 13 million pound player at centre back.

I can’t take anyone seriously in this debate when their basis for elevating one above the other is one of them having gotten the better of Rob kiernan and Russell Martin.

It’s like you clicked on FF and ended up on Kerrydale St at times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back