Morelos on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
His interview a while back with RTV suggests to me is that though he wants to go to the EPL, he is happy here and that the only way I think he would spit the dummy is if we were rejecting bids from down south but we're not. I also think Gerrard has plans if we sell but will be happy to keep him as well as a player of his quality who does fit perfectly in his pressing game, with his goals record, will always be a player a manager will be happy to have.

I'm not sure another season in the SPL would be such a bad idea for either party.

I also don't see Gerrard involving Alfie if he's already "checked out".
I just can't see him staying mate.

SG says there have been no 'bids' yet. Technically that may be true but we all know there will be stuff going on in the background to engineer a move. His agent has been angling for this for ages. I'm not sure he sees his client hanging around in Scotland for much longer.

Few things:

- Alfredo has left us under no illusions from the start, he does intend to move the the EPL after being with us
- With that being said, he's never indicated that hes anything but 100% committed to us when on the pitch
- He is also known to retweet and like stuff that mentions him positively, no matter what content it has in it. This isnt the first time.

Reality is, he wont leave this summer unless a class bid comes in for him. His agent may be touting him about but i also dont think hes the type of guy to go in a huff with Rangers if no one else bids for him. I DO think that this season will be his last season here no matter what though.

I find it pretty odd that he can't speak or read English after living here for a year or so and seeing him mouth "%^*& you" to an opposition player in match, tbh.
Im sure its been said that he can communicate in English but he's not confident enough to do interviews etc. He obviously understands enough to get the tactics that the coaching staff are putting to him.

Also seem to remember someone saying that hes not particularly literate in Spanish which makes it harder to learn a second language. I may be misremembering here though so maybe someone will debunk or confirm this.

Im sure its been said that he can communicate in English but not he's not confident enough to do interviews etc. He obviously understands enough to get the tactics that the coaching staff are putting to him.

Also seem to remember someone saying that hes not particularly literate in Spanish which makes it harder to learn a second language. I may be misremembering here though so maybe someone will debunk or confirm this.

The plot thickens. He can read and speak English (which appears to be fairly obvious, tbh) yet isn't particularly literate in the native language of his country?

The plot thickens. He can read and speak English yet isn't literate in the native language of his country?
I meant verbally communicate in English to a degree but isn't a great writer in his native language. But as I said I can't remember how I got this info so I may be misremembering

I just can't see him staying mate.

SG says there have been no 'bids' yet. Technically that may be true but we all know there will be stuff going on in the background to engineer a move. His agent has been angling for this for ages. I'm not sure he sees his client hanging around in Scotland for much longer.
The transfer window still has plenty to run - and if we get top dollar he will be away.

I just don't see at as being the be all and end all this window.

I want him to stay. I also don't know how people can tell he's 'desperate' to leave. It's a bit weird that this seems to have become a thing.

Agreed. No idea where the "he clearly wants out" posters are getting this from.

Last night I saw a thoroughly professional job by Alfie. Not picked to start but came on as sub, worked hard and scored his goal, looking happy enough to me.

I dont doubt that he would be interested if an EPL bid came in, only natural. But in the meantime, he's being paid handsomely, has the adulation of (most) of our fans and has a real chance to kick on and fire us to trophies this season. Nothing in there to warrant him downing tools.

I want him to stay. I also don't know how people can tell he's 'desperate' to leave. It's a bit weird that this seems to have become a thing.

It's due to interviews he's given in Colombia where he's made it clear he'd like to play in a bigger league. Whether he's ''desperate'' to leave we don't know but we do know he'd like to play in a better league.

He absolutely did not.

He 'liked' a few comments from Turkish fans on Instagram saying 'we miss you, come back'.

Clint Hill did that to one of my tweets to him. Doesn't mean he's coming out of retirement.

So you're saying you are pretty sure Clint Hill is coming out of retirement?

Everyone knows he wants to go to the EPL, he is clearly happy here until a suitable offer comes around which he knows he has to earn.

God forbid the boy re-tweets a story promoting himself. Honestly the hysteria on here from some folk over completely trivial pish is absolutely embarrassing.

Here's what he retweeted, not a big deal really. More of a retweet of positive comments about him than a "let me leave" scenario.

b6IBDb2.jpg
if I was a pro footballer and someone wrote I could light up the EPL I would retweet it as well

Morelos can understand English he just prefers not to speak it. He’s always wanted to play in the EPL and we need the money.

Morelos wants to better himself so a move to the EPL isn't really shocking. Big month ahead for him, start the season well scoring goals and the bids will come in.

For me he came on yesterday played well got a goal as long as he is doing that and isn't being disruptive (which in fairness there are no signs of) then I am happy

Happy for him to go to Palace. Theyve already brought in 50 mill n will get at least the same for Zaha. So they will have plenty money to spend. Would be a good move for Morelos as well

Not necessarily this, but it is absolutely clear to me that the lad wants a move move away from Scotland - and I fully understand that.

He's not going to want to endure another season in the SPHell.

Hopefully we can get a deal sorted asap. Best for all parties.

What has he done that makes it absolutely clear to you?

I agree it’s inevitable he will go in the next 6 months but it still annoys me that the corrupt referees in Scotland have probably knocked 50% of his value with his ‘discipline problems’. Anyone looking at it from outside Scotland will see his red cards and won’t appreciate that he has been vilified since the moment he stepped foot in Scotland. I’d love nothing more than him to decide to stay until January with the managers blessing to leave then, not give the refs anything to send him off for and him to score 30 goals before them to double his value!

I'll be gutted if he goes, but I'd rather it was as soon as possible so we can get coughROOFEcough in. The quicker the squad is as close to finalised, the better.

I find it pretty odd that he can't speak or read English after living here for a year or so and seeing him mouth "%^*& you" to an opposition player in match, tbh.
If you read his back story you’ll see he didn’t have the best of educations in Columbia.

Can’t recall him ever speaking English in an interview. When RTV made that film about him it was dubbed into English

Not necessarily this, but it is absolutely clear to me that the lad wants a move move away from Scotland - and I fully understand that.

As much as we might dislike it ,this is the crux.

Some seem to have forgotten the bile and vitriol handed out to him from all angles last season .

Anyone thinking this will have abated this term needs to see a psychologist.

This is nothing new. He's been retweeting stuff like this for the past few transfer windows anytime there's rumoured interest in him. Was it January there was rumoured interest from Fenerbache? I remember him retweeting stories from the Turkish press etc.

It's disrespectful to the club and at worst agitating for a move. He's lucky he's that popular with our support that most of them turn a blind eye to it because they're like lovestruck teenagers when it comes to Alfie and can see him do no wrong.

Hopefully the situation is resolved asap it's the best for everyone.

Just looked, it's from 15 hours ago and in among all the retweets of his goal from last night.

TBH I wish we could just get this over and done with and move on. I love his wee petulant face but no-one is bigger than the club, if he wants to go get him gone and replaced.
As the gaffer said,it has to be done early doors and if he goes,I reckon we'll need 2 forwards,because I think we're a bit thin as far as striking options goes,we need as much cover for forwards as we do defenders and can't rely solely on Defoe.

This is nothing new. He's been retweeting stuff like this for the past few transfer windows anytime there's rumoured interest in him. Was it January there was rumoured interest from Fenerbache? I remember him retweeting stories from the Turkish press etc.

It's disrespectful to the club and at worst agitating for a move. He's lucky he's that popular with our support that most of them turn a blind eye to it because they're like lovestruck teenagers when it comes to Alfie and can see him do no wrong.

Hopefully the situation is resolved asap it's the best for everyone.

Somehow i’m not surprised you join the ranks of those seeking hard for flaws in him to dislike.

Personally, I don’t especially like players doing this but it is part of the game. None of us expect him to have a testimonial here. It seems pointless to condemn him for agreeing with us that he is too good for the SPL.

If he downs tools on the pitch or disrespects our fans then i’ll condemn him. But so long as he gives his all on the pitch and is still happily engaging with fans in the crowd then he deserves our support. Seems very precious to get all upset at something like this.

Would like to see him gone for a decent fee tbh, it would be best for all concerned. My worry is that clubs know we are not fussed to see him away.

I don't think he is in desperate to move as much but the lad just has ambitions of playing EPL football and you can't blame the guy for that these days as it is such a big draw with the money and potential sponsorship deals and worldwide coverage available for him

I don't think he's desperate for anything. It's not like he's downed tools or looks unhappy in training.

He's clearly got larger ambitions than the spfl and his agent is a rocket but I don't think it's desperation.

Im lost as to why the best thing for us is losing our best player, maybe Im simple but I genuinely dont understand the reasoning
1. We get enough money for 2-3 excellent reinforcements
2. We lose the fear that Alfie will self destruct and sink the team
3. The media (and SFA) lose their main narrative tool against us

I love Morelos but it’s not hard to see positives.

Agreed. We just need it to happen now. It's inevitable that he wants to move on and will move on.

Get the money in, re-invest in team, let the lad get his move and everyone's happy.

I'd never hold a lad from Colombia back from getting a move to a bigger and better league. He has served us well and we will make a tidy profit. That's our model.
How exactly do you know this .had a lot of conversations with Alfie of late.

How exactly do you know this .had a lot of conversations with Alfie of late.
SG last week was asked if Morelos wanted to stay. "You'll have to ask him". Tells you everything.

Do you think Alfredo Morelos wants to stay in Scotland for another season ??

I think he can talk a bit of English, I honestly think he plays on it.

That is just my opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back