Morelos on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are an absolute nightmare at times. Morelos goes away with his missus and he has f*ked off from training.

Why would he want to play in China? More to the point why would an 18 year old Columbian who barely speaks any language other than Spanish would want to move to finland, scotland etc? Hes a professional trying to make money for his family.

Everyone stop being so dramatic or else I will have to give my missus my log in for here and she will fit in!

While he remains with us - which I don't think will be too much longer - i think/hope SG plays him 'sparingly'.

The last thing we need is an injury which could scupper a deal.

Anything over 10 million for him would be like a genuine lottery win for us.

I genuinely wouldnt sell for £10million and I dont think the club will either.

I think gone are the days of us selling our prize assets under value.

Hate speaking about that rancid organisation however they are excellent at over-achieving on outgoing transfer fees and we need to take a leaf out of their book in this.

How obtuse do you want to be?

PSG sold a 25 year old striker to Utrecht last summer for nothing. I wonder how that works in your logic. And Celtic signing Edouard must be mind blowing.

In general, they will get better “market value” than we do. Of course. But that is one of many factors, and the quality of the player is surely the ultimate one.

Quality of player is important but the most important thing for value is what people are willing to pay. You can’t force teams to bid £10m+. A lot of teams will see Morelos as a project, one with a discipline problem (rightly or wrongly), and might feel they can get better value at that price else where.

How obtuse do you want to be?

PSG sold a 25 year old striker to Utrecht last summer for nothing. I wonder how that works in your logic. And Celtic signing Edouard must be mind blowing.

In general, they will get better “market value” than we do. Of course. But that is one of many factors, and the quality of the player is surely the ultimate one.

I don't really think its obtuse, to me it is just stating the obvious.

PSG are patently a far more cash rich club than us so thus their context and circumstance is just totally removed from us - the way they can trade in the market just doesn't compare in anyway to that in which Rangers do.

The players will clearly carry a higher value and premium than a Rangers player when PSG see fit.

We are an absolute nightmare at times. Morelos goes away with his missus and he has f*ked off from training.

Why would he want to play in China? More to the point why would an 18 year old Columbian who barely speaks any language other than Spanish would want to move to finland, scotland etc? Hes a professional trying to make money for his family.

Everyone stop being so dramatic or else I will have to give my missus my log in for here and she will fit in!

Especially when it appeared Davis was also off down south to see his family implying that the squad do have some time off at present.

Morelos May or may not go. I’ll be raging if we get less than £20mill for him as Dembele showed that was the market rate for an inferior player by all metrics. But I could understand it if we do end up selling for £15.

He needs to improve on discipline and react less. But he was a marked man and many of his offences were nonsense or the result of him eventually responding after being hacked for ages without any protection. I’d prefer him not to react but we shouldn’t need to buy angels. And angels without fight rarely win things.

He’ll be a massive loss when he goes. He is a £20mill striker. They don’t come to Scotland often. There certainly is no conveyer belt of them available for £1mill as some seem to think. It is very unlikely that his replacement will score the same number of goals. Because his goals return was unusual. Equally our whole team is set up off his power. It is fairly unlikely that his replacement will be able to bully whole defences off of long balls the way that Alfie can. But we hopefully now have midfielders and wingers that will mean we won’t have to ping long balls.

Anyone saying we will not be worse without him is wrong. Anyone saying that he is irreplaceable is wrong. But the replacement won’t be a single player. It’ll be the goals and hold up play spread across the front 3.

I don't really think its obtuse, to me it is just stating the obvious.

PSG are patently a far more cash rich club than us so thus their context and circumstance is just totally removed from us - the way they can trade in the market just doesn't compare in anyway to that in which Rangers do.

The players will clearly carry a higher value and premium than a Rangers player.

Being cash rich just makes it easy to say no to bids.

As far as we know, we are able to say no to lowball bids too. From that point of view, there is little difference.

Now PSG can say no to fees that would blow us away. But £10mill for Morelos is not that.

I genuinely wouldnt sell for £10million and I dont think the club will either.

I think gone are the days of us selling our prize assets under value.

Hate speaking about that rancid organisation however they are excellent at over-achieving on outgoing transfer fees and we need to take a leaf out of their book in this.

I think some have totally skewed their value of Morelos based on a supposed bid from China and what EPL teams spend on, what quite often is actually pretty genuine and proven quality from established leagues.

10 million or above for Morelos even in the current "market" which is only really teams in England and a select few in Europe is fucken mental money.

I think some have totally skewed their value of Morelos based on a supposed bid from China and what EPL teams spend on, what quite often is actually pretty genuine and proven quality from established leagues.

10 million or above for Morelos even in the current "market" which is only really teams in England and a select few in Europe is fucken mental money.

Get what you are saying and do agree with parts of it however....

He is a young columbian internationalist who is only 23 and who is no doubt going to improve.

Think the key is having interest from more than 1 EPL team to drive the price up and I think there will be teams down there who are looking for a quality centre forward and will pay around £15million, even from a scottish club.

So if PSG sign Darren O’Dea on a free, he would be worth £8m the next day? They should do it more often!

I get what you’re saying, but when you can closely compare players like Weah and Morelos, or even Dembele, to say we would be lucky to get 10m is ridiculous.

What you have said in the first instance, is just fucken ridiculous and bears no correlation to what is actually being spoken about.

I also at no stage have said we would be lucky to get 10 million - what I said was anything over 10 million would be like a lottery win to us, which has nothing to do with PSG or Southampton - their circumstances are a million miles removed from ours.

He is a young columbian internationalist who is only 23 and who is no doubt going to improve.

Think the key is having interest from more than 1 EPL team to drive the price up and I think there will be teams down there who are looking for a quality centre forward and will pay around £15million, even from a scottish club.

When you are dealing with clubs that pay £20m for the likes of Danny Ings £15m for Morelos is an absolute bargain.

You really should pay attention to what people say. I said I was done responding to you just insulting me after you lost the debate. I’m certainly not done correcting you when you talk crap about my club.

That just makes you sound a bit tragic mate..

Not entirely convinced - teams in England can go and buy what is known quality.

If interest does come from the EPL it will be a team looking to gamble which Morelos would be, all transfers are etc I get that but some are more than others and they (teams in England) don't have to do that as such, even Palace who are being linked they have had guys like Benteke and Batushyi on the park in recent years - that is the kind of quality teams in England can bring in

I do think the want for a lot of interest from England is most likely to be us who drive it rather than numerous clubs actively bidding.

If interest does come from the EPL it will be a team looking to gamble which Morelos would be, all transfers are etc I get that but some are more than others and they (teams in England) don't have to do that as such, even Palace who are being linked they have had guys like Benteke and Batushyi on the park in recent years - that is the kind of quality teams in England can bring in

Benteke scored one league goal last season. Quality right enough.

Been pretty shite ever since he left Villa.

Benteke scored one league goal last season. Quality right enough.

I wouldn't argue the fact that once teams make additions they don't always live up to the hype - the two things are a bit removed - but at the time they signed him etc... it gives an idea of the profile teams in England can sign.

I do think the want for a lot of interest from England is most likely to be us who drive it rather than numerous clubs actively bidding.

I think you might be surprised.

Proof will be in the pudding I suppose.

Again Im hoping he is still here come the end of the window as the thought of a choice of 3 from freddo/defoe/stewart/ojo/arfield/jones/hastie + kent hopefully is giving me a wee warm glow, would really like to see the wee man spearheading our front 3 as last year he scored 30 goals but a lot fell on his shoulders and he was left isolated in games.

Lyon paid 20 million for Dembele because he was ridiculously highly rated coming through Clarefontane as a kid and had established himself as one of the best players in the France 21's. Then there are his CL and Old Firm goals. If he didn't have the above that would have knocked about 10 million off his price tag easily.

There is no way hes getting sold for 10 million why would anyone even think that when we knocked that back over a year ago

Love Morelos and want him to stay in all honesty - think he's potentially the best we've had at the club in years even with the discipline issues. My only worry is that if we don't sell him he might try and force a move or spit the dummy, Thoughts ?

Love Morelos and want him to stay in all honesty - think he's potentially the best we've had at the club in years even with the discipline issues. My only worry is that if we don't sell him he might try and force a move or spit the dummy, Thoughts ?

If there is interest then he will spit the dummy if we block it. I’m of the opinion the club and Gerrard would be happy for him to go but our valuation has to be met.

This could become the scenario, but it's up to Gerrard to tell him where we value him at. If we make it clear that he's a £15 million + player in the current PL market then a £10 million offer is quite derogatory to the player. Especially when Championship clubs are spending £7.5 million on Waghorn.

He carried us at times the past season.There were games we were never scoring until he popped up.Im not saying he isn’t replaceable but it will take something special to get someone who will hit the ground running and giving us that kind of return.Believe it they fear him and want him gone.

I really disagree mate.

We have Defoe settled and just need to replace him.

I really disagree mate.

We have Defoe settled and just need to replace him.

Have said it a few times if we could sign Roofe then we have a great front three of Roofe Defoe Ojo

Also the potential option of Kent(if we sign him) , JJ, Murphy,Hastie,Stewart, Candieas, Mebude as well as Middleton and Hardie (yet to officially leave on loan or permanent)

Just when Leeds have been on TV and a couple of times when he was at Oxford in the FA cup.

30 goals is going to be very hard to replace whoever comes in.

Can he hold the ball up & bring others into play like Morelos mate ? Can he score goals or create penalties out of nothing ?

Strikers - especially strikers who have shown they can hit the back of the net are in short supply in world football.

It's the toughest position for teams to get right.

We aren't selling him for ten million. We may not get twenty, but he's shown plenty to potential suitors that he has something about him. English teams have barely made any moves in the window yet, but that will change moving into August.

Whatever happens, Gerrard will decide whats best and I trust him to make the right call for the club stay or go.

We should stop this comparison with Dembele. He has played in EPL and CL. 1st OF hat trick for about 35 years. Same age as Alfie, played 50+ times for French youth teams.
Went for €20m to Lyon and scored 15 goals in 32 league matches. He's no diddy.
A player is only worth what teams are prepared to pay.

We should stop this comparison with Dembele. He has played in EPL and CL. 1st OF hat trick for about 35 years. Same age as Alfie, played 50+ times for French youth teams.

Small point, he played the grand sum of 88 minutes in the EPL and that’s it. Fulham then got relegated. Plenty games in the Championship though.

Anyone scoring 13 goals in the Premier League would have been in the top 10 goalscorers list in 4 of the last 5 years. Regardless of the fact he's playing in Scotland, he's shown he knows where the goal is and can score a variety if goals, so he's not a one trick pony. How many do we reckon Morelos would score down there? Obviously it depends on the club, but if he can get into double figures, he's got to be worth £15m plus to clubs in that league. If he got up to say 15, his value would rocket, so let's hope we get a decent sell on clause.

Your final sentence is unarguable but buying clubs will be looking at more than those bare stats I would hope. The first thing is Dembele unfortunately played in the dominant team in the country his two seasons here and v some of the most disorganised Rangers teams we have seen in the top division. Morelos hasn’t had that luxury. Whose numbers are more impressive given that context?I understand what you’re saying but it’s at the very least capable of being viewed differently by different clubs. Second, Morelos is very rarely injured. Dembele is made of glass. I would have thought the fact that Alfredo is teak tough and can play 60 games a season has to increase his value.

EPL? How many goals did he score?

CL? How many goals did he score?

Old firm hat trick? Fair enough, but let’s not kid ourselves on here about how dire we were that season and the one before. We were basically on the same level as Kilmarnock player wise.

French youth team? So what. How many full caps does he have?

Lyon paid 20 million for Dembele because he was ridiculously highly rated coming through Clarefontane as a kid and had established himself as one of the best players in the France 21's. Then there are his CL and Old Firm goals. If he didn't have the above that would have knocked about 10 million off his price tag easily.
Old firm goals? managed to rack up a few against senderos & Kiernan must be a world beater

I think this is pretty much the reality of the situation. I don't think Morelos wants to leave rangers as such but has dreams of playing in the EPL.

I'd like to think that a mature conversation has taken place between rangers, Alfie and his agent to make it clear what we need from a deal to make it a reality. If it has then at least he knows there is every possibility he'll get his dream move but not at our cost so to speak. Obviously if/when a bid does come in then we'll have to see if the theory works in practise.

What we need for Morelos is a few clubs interested as that could get us decent money, it's hard to determine a players value but I hope its substantial and can be reinvested and make the team stronger than last season.

That would also appear to include Steven Gerrard because he values him higher than £10m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back