Morelos on way back? His wife posting from airport

If he had emigrated to Australia in the seventies he would have been lucky to see his family ever again, he should have been back,but iam sure we don't pay holiday pay.

But conveniently ignore the fact he got the same time off as our Euro's players.....fair enough
What’s convenient about it? It’s not a criticism of the player ffs.

Our Euro players joined up with the squad well before crucial CL qualifiers. The issue we face with Alfie is that he joining up very close to them. He is crucial to us so if he is not firing we could have a problem.
So to clarify, so he's with the squad, yoy think this Rangers employee is to be denied annual leave? Just in terms of lawful contracts etc, this is what you propose?

I think it is perfectly reasonable to have a conversation with the player to see what can be worked out. It’s pretty important.

It happens all the time in certain lines of work. For example I am corporate lawyer and can’t remember how many holidays I’ve cancelled for work reasons. It’s not about imposing will, it’s about necessity/trying to accommodate business needs.

In any event the point is that it’s not a good situation - it’s not about apportioning blame. But of course for some on her everything is binary.

Our Euro players joined up with the squad well before crucial CL qualifiers. The issue we face with Alfie is that he joining up very close to them. He is crucial to us so if he is not firing we could have a problem.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to have a conversation with the player to see what can be worked out. It’s pretty important.

It happens all the time in certain lines of work. For example I am corporate lawyer and can’t remember how many holidays I’ve cancelled for work reasons. It’s not about imposing will, it’s about necessity/trying to accommodate business needs.

In any event the point is that it’s not a good situation - it’s not about apportioning blame. But of course for some on her everything is binary.
Looks like you're being obtuse or thick...Convenient because you didn't mention the circumstances surrounding Alfie late arrival due to Colombia getting to the semis FFS...Alfie get less time off than others but FF goes off its nut

Really your a lawyer and you need to work a few extra shifts when it's not convenient.
I take it you have to work in Scotland and you don't see your partner or children because they are on the other side of the world.
Glad you don't represent me bud if you think you doing a few extra shifts is even close to being similar.

Apportioning blame, criticising, and imposing your will is clearly exactly what it's about for you mate.

I hope your a little more tactical in your day job.

Really your a lawyer and you need to work a few extra shifts when it's not convenient.
I take it you have to work in Scotland and you don't see your partner or children because they are on the other side of the world.
Glad you don't represent me bud if you think you doing a few extra shifts is even close to being similar.

I don’t work shifts. I was referring to cancelling family holidays. It really isn’t the point but I’ve moved on and will agree to disagree.

A lawyer who doesnt understand the legality of paid leave with an employment contract, apparently.

Apportioning blame, criticising, and imposing your will is clearly exactly what it's about for you mate.

I hope your a little more tactical in your day job.
Not sure why you think that - I don’t blame Alfie in the least but I do think the situation is worrisome. Perhaps there is no solution but it’s not absurd to try and find one in my view. You disagree. That’s fine.

Not sure why you think that - I don’t blame Alfie in the least but I do think the situation is worrisome. Perhaps there is no solution but it’s not absurd to try and find one in my view. You disagree. That’s fine.
Must just have been something you said mate.

He's just celebrated his wife's birthday and had his kid baptised. For sure, all that could have been done elsewhere but I don't think it unreasonable that he chose to do it with family and friends. He's also just had his annual charity fundraiser back in his home town. It would appear he has already given up a week of the three weeks off that would normally follow participation in such tournaments as agreed by Fifpro/FIFA.

Whilst we all want what's best for Rangers these guys have a life to live away from football as well. And they are perfectly entitled to that. Two weeks off after the year he has had isn't a lot. I'd say you were being unduly harsh - and blinkered by your blue-tinted specs. The fact he needs to quarantine isn't Alfie's 'fault', its down to our Government (rightly or wrongly).
Blinkered by his obsession with Alfredo.

Back