Morelos on way back? His wife posting from airport

Croatia is on the green list so barisics situation is different to Morelos. Columbia is red so will be a 10 day isolation.
Sakala came from Zambia which is red, did he need to isolate first? Genuinely don’t know btw

Cut his break shorter than the rest of the squad got, spent his time off seeing his family, doing charity work and helping out his local community yet Buff is somehow the villain here
Alfie's not helped by the behaviour of his scummy agent, every window he seems to be agreeing terms with some team or other. Naturally this pisses people off, whether it's instigated by Alfredo or not it gives the impression that he's desperate to leave.

Yeah Colombia is on the red list so its 10 days starting from midnight tonight. Monday will be day 1. So he wont be free of that until the day after the first leg. No wonder Gerrard looked pissed off with it.

Croatia went onto the green list on the 19th. Barisic would only have had to take a test on day 2.

Alfie's not helped by the behaviour of his scummy agent, every window he seems to be agreeing terms with some team or other. Naturally this pisses people off, whether it's instigated by Alfredo or not it gives the impression that he's desperate to leave.
That’s just how modern football is, it’s also been well known for a long time that Alfie wants to play at the highest levels and that we’re effectively a stepping stone (as we are for most foreign players). Most agents are scum and don’t care about the clubs they’re involved with until it comes to agents fees and negotiating contracts.

I still trust Alfie to preform no matter what’s going on in the background and reckon if he plays the CL qualifiers he’ll almost definitely get a goal.

I don’t think he will need to isolate.

Have we had anyone else isolate that’s returned from holiday/international games?

Only Sakala has off the top of my head but maybe that’s different because he was a new signing.

It's worth remembering he had Covid as well and would have been isolating before the Copa started so he is more than entitled to his break.
And because he’s had Covid I’m sure he will still return positive tests for 90 days I believe it is as that’s how long it stays in your system but the infectious period is the first 10 days so don’t know if this affects any isolation period on his return

I’d guess they’ll continue to be concerned he’s not yet in the country. Some fairly important games coming up so I’d be happier with our best players training with the squad and that.

If that’s regarded as hysterical these days then fair enough.
Is or is the boy not allowed a holiday after playing a full season, being fkn superb and also then being away with his international team til 2 weeks ago?

Serious answers only.

The answer is yes by the way.

Do you need me to explain why having one of our best players training and preparing for important games is a good thing for us?

Your contention is he needs a rest I assume? From what? Training with his national team?
From the pressures of football I'd say.
Is he not entitled to time off?

Do you need me to explain why having one of our best players training and preparing for important games is a good thing for us?

Your contention is he needs a rest I assume? From what? Training with his national team?

Yes, it's still work, and like every other player has had this summer he should get time off, but for some reason people think Morelos doesn't deserve a break, it's so bizarre.

What if he goes through a green list country then onto the UK?
Ive been thinking of going home that way.
Matters not a jot. If you have been in a Red List country in the 10 days before your arrival in the UK then you need to do the quarantine.

Colombia is Red List for all parts of the UK so it would appear that, like Sakala when he arrived, 10 days isolation will be required. The Sakala situation appears to indicate no exemption for elite sportsmen. Whether Alfie can argue that, unlike Sakala, he was travelling ‘with his work ‘ (having just featured in an international competition) I have no idea nor if that would qualify for any exemption. I can’t find anything related to that at all - even in relation to EPL players at the Copa or at the Olympics. However, given he’s had two weeks off in Colombia post-tournament (and therefore not in any sporting bubble) I’d suggest any exemption would be highly unlikely.

I don’t think he can even use the Test to Release Scheme to get out after 5 days as that only seems to apply to Amber List countries.

The 3 weeks off period between seasons is what was agreed between Fifpro, the players ‘union’, and FIFA, though clubs and players are at liberty to ignore it. I don’t think it would be appropriate to include any 10 day isolation in the 3 weeks.

Last edited:

Yeah it'd be good for you to explain how even after this has been rationally and sensibly broken down on why the boy needs a holiday, like any other employee that you choose to double down on the ludicrous opinion you hold.

I’m losing track here, is he late back? Early back? Or on time?

Im not sure if I should be raging, happy or something in between.

The panty wetters out in force.

Morelos has been training regularly with his national team, he has had a couple weeks off since last July. In todays game he isn't going to come back an unfit overweight mess who had spent his summer on the booze and kebabs.

Every year its the same, the manager knows what is best for Alfie, if he I'd happy for him to come back now that's good enough for me.

Most normal people don't really care. Yeah, it's a problem for our first euro matches but that's the chance we take when we now have a player becoming a more established international pick(not starter yet) for Colombia and copa America being on.

The grumbling angry obsession from some folk is weird.

I suspect Gerrard is probably a bit pissed off because he'll be thinking that Alfie should have incorporated his quarantine period into his time off so that he could be back in time for important qualifiers, (probably what SG would have done as a player) whereas Alfie was probably thinking "fūck that, I'm not spending my time off stuck in the hoose", hence Gerrard's seemingly pissed off demeanour.

Columbia last played 10th July.Alfie was given two weeks off.He started the journey home yesterday.He is on time but for clarification,you need to be raging.

To be honest, much of the teeth gnashing is down to Gerrard’s comments on Friday about not knowing when Alfie was coming back.

Gerrard isn’t naive enough to pass that comment accidentally so he obviously thought he was sending a message to someone- whether player, agent, sfa, government or Ross Wilson about the arrangements.

His comments were surprising though as the timescales are what they are unless he is encouraging Alfie to bend the rules somehow by flying through a green list country whilst there are others in the club who don’t want to be seen to do that. That’s the only way I’d see his return date being uncertain

To be honest, much of the teeth gnashing is down to Gerrard’s comments on Friday about not knowing when Alfie was coming back.

Gerrard isn’t naive enough to pass that comment accidentally so he obviously thought he was sending a message to someone- whether player, agent, sfa, government or Ross Wilson about the arrangements.

His comments were surprising though as the timescales are what they are unless he is encouraging Alfie to bend the rules somehow by flying through a green list country whilst there are others in the club who don’t want to be seen to do that. That’s the only way I’d see his return date being uncertain
See post #84. It doesn’t matter where he flies in from, or whether it’s to England or Scotland, it’s where he has been in the 10 days prior to arrival.

heard his wife went to the airport, took the pic, then went home to post it without any of them flying. She’s currently sat with Alfie and 200 nuggets fattening him up for the next picture of him in a shirt one size too small to noise up
The “he’s a fat bassa” thread that will no doubt appear. Master troll levels from Mrs M. Shocking if true

I'm beeling.

Looks overweight, disinterested and his body language obviously tells us he wants to sign for Lille/Porto/West Brom.

Get him selt. :shh:

We all want him here obviously. Doesn't take away the fact he deserves a holiday.

Back