Morelos on way back? His wife posting from airport

No one on here is seriously telling me they think it’s ok for a player to miss our opening league game due to being away on holiday.

If he has to isolate for 10 days then sorry but he should have been back in the UK with his family before now so that he would be available for selection.

I get that players should be allowed holidays but when he’s on upwards of £30k a week and when on his game, one of our best players, he should be ready for the new season.

We’ve seen in recent seasons he doesn’t always start the season on fire and it took him a couple of months to get sharp last season.

Gerrard’s comments on Friday suggest he wasn’t entirely happy with the situation either.
TBF I have told you before that i take nothing you say seriously when it involves Morelos because you seem to have some irrational hatred for him. Its obvious in every single thread.

No one on here is seriously telling me they think it’s ok for a player to miss our opening league game due to being away on holiday.

If he has to isolate for 10 days then sorry but he should have been back in the UK with his family before now so that he would be available for selection.

I get that players should be allowed holidays but when he’s on upwards of £30k a week and when on his game, one of our best players, he should be ready for the new season.

We’ve seen in recent seasons he doesn’t always start the season on fire and it took him a couple of months to get sharp last season.

Gerrard’s comments on Friday suggest he wasn’t entirely happy with the situation either.
I for one am considering the depth we have.

in any walk of life you are allowed your time off, it’s a basic human right! Doesn’t matter how much he is on.

Look at all the players missing from Real Madrid and not training yet.

Just in time for 10 day isolation for Malmö/Helsinki.
He should have the elite sportsman passport that enables him to avoid quarantine. The road race cyclists at the Olympics were all competing in the Tour de France that finished last Sunday and they competed in Tokyo yesterday. Similarly, the golfers at the Open flew in from all over the world and were not required to quarantine.

Does Alfie need to isolate on his return or os Columbia a green light country?

Cheers
Should be exempt from it as an elite sportsperson however I’m not sure where Columbia in the lists.

The club have also preferred having players isolate before joining up with the squad before but they might view it differently now.

Should be exempt from it as an elite sportsperson however I’m not sure where Columbia in the lists.

The club have also preferred having players isolate before joining up with the squad before but they might view it differently now.

I just checked on gov.uk.

Red list.

Don’t know if that applies to Scotland.

He should have the elite sportsman passport that enables him to avoid quarantine. The road race cyclists at the Olympics were all competing in the Tour de France that finished last Sunday and they competed in Tokyo yesterday. Similarly, the golfers at the Open flew in from all over the world and were not required to quarantine.
They are, or have been, taking part in sporting events. Alfie has just finished a well-deserved two week holiday AFTER his participation in a sporting event. He was, therefore, away from any control or sporting bubble created by the organisers. I'd love to think he won't need to isolate but I don't think his exemption will apply.

Colombia is Red List by the way, for all parts of the UK.

Rules on Elite Sports exemptions here:

God you don't half post a lot of negativity, you realise the delay in him coming back is due to being away with Columbia, Its not like he said to Rangers I'd like the Glasgow Fair off, his holiday couldn't start until Columbia were knocked out of the Copa America

When is he meant to have started his holiday earlier? Colombia’s last match was July 10. 2 weeks break and then back which is right on schedule. Maybe, just maybe Gerrard was referring to the possible quarantine situation and was unclear on how that would affect his return to training.

TBF I have told you before that i take nothing you say seriously when it involves Morelos because you seem to have some irrational hatred for him. Its obvious in every single thread.
I don’t have any hatred towards him.

I was very praising of him in the second half of last season.

Just because a poster doesn’t behave like a fan boy towards a certain player, doesn’t make them hate the player.

And btw, by your logic our manager must hate Morelos too given his dig at Morelos on Fridays interview when he said he had no idea when he was due home.

I for one am considering the depth we have.

in any walk of life you are allowed your time off, it’s a basic human right! Doesn’t matter how much he is on.

Look at all the players missing from Real Madrid and not training yet.
I’m aware of that. Madrid don’t begin their season for a few weeks though.

We begin ours in under 7 days not to mention CL qualifiers in 10 days time worth a fortune to the club

I would add that hopefully he doesn’t require to quarantine for 10 days because if he does then he’ll miss our first CL qualifier and probably won’t be too sharp for the home leg either.

Just because a poster doesn’t behave like a fan boy towards a certain player, doesn’t make them hate the player.

And btw, by your logic our manager must hate Morelos too given his dig at Morelos on Fridays interview when he said he had no idea when he was due home.
How the %^*& is that a dig from Gerrard? Maybe he realises Morelos is entitled to a break so isn't even thinking about him being back yet.

We begin ours in under 7 days not to mention CL qualifiers in 10 days time worth a fortune to the club
So basically what you are saying is, due to Columbia reaching the final of the Copa America and our season starting earlier than others he isn’t entitled to any form of holiday?

Because that’s what it would have taken for him to be back in time for ore season.

And if you are, it’s a ridiculous suggestion. Everyone needs a bit of time off.

We sign a South American and the Copa America is always a consideration. Just like the African Cup of nations if we sign an African player.

So basically what you are saying is, due to Columbia reaching the final of the Copa America and our season starting earlier than others he isn’t entitled to any form of holiday?

Because that’s what it would have taken for him to be back in time for ore season.

And if you are, it’s a ridiculous suggestion. Everyone needs a bit of time off.

We sign a South American and the Copa America is always a consideration. Just like the African Cup of nations if we sign an African player.
Semi final*

Which lead to the 3rd place play off, pedantic RSC.

I agree though!.

With our squad, we should be able to see off Malmö and Livingston and get Morelos up and running for the next round.

Jeez.

I’d have vacationed in a green light country to avoid that.

Assuming that’s possible
Doesn't matter which country he comes in from or how many, if any, vaccinations he has had. If he has been in a Red List country in the 10 days prior to entering the UK then quarantine is required. For the full 10 days.

Colombia is Red List.

Hope the club a re controlling his diet on the hotel isolation.
Fella I know is doing one now and it's room service and beer after room service and beer on his social media stories. We can't have Fat Alfie back! :shh:

I was saying what I would’ve done ( based on the horror stories that are circulating re UK Covid hotels ).

No you wouldn't have.

Its fine saying pish like that on a message board, not when you are living the reality of their situation over the last 18 months with a new child.

you are constantly having a dig in every morelos thread give it a rest ffs

The media have been shit stirring about Alfie to distract from the absolute circus across the city and it seems like some folk have fallen from it

when was the last time we had a player that was involved right up until the end of an international tournament?

For a fan base who apparently don't read the main stream media, there is a large % of our fans who hang on to every word they say.

They can't see they're being played.

When is he meant to have started his holiday earlier? Colombia’s last match was July 10. 2 weeks break and then back which is right on schedule. Maybe, just maybe Gerrard was referring to the possible quarantine situation and was unclear on how that would affect his return to training.

Maybe we should go back to the 2014 days of Cribari and Ross Perry and all the other diddies who didn't get called out for International tournaments for some of the best countries in the world. That way everyone can come back for pre season 2 months before the season starts :D

We won't be challenging for league titles mind you but at least everyone gets back in time :))

I hope someone at the club will have done this but if it was me in charge then I would have done the following.
1. Booked the biggest possible suite in a quarantine hotel that could be found.
2. Made sure that one room was fitted with the exercise equipment used by the club for fitness training.
3. Installed a TV monitor to allow the Rangers fitness staff to oversee Alfie’s training schedule with live sessions.
4. Employ a chef to use the hotel kitchen and prepare all of Alfie’s food.
5. Ensure that the suite has at least two bedrooms so that Alfie can get sleep and not be constantly woken by the baby as he will need to be up to speed.
It is possible the club may have done all of this.
It is certainly achievable if thought is put into it and would mean he would return to training in good condition.

Jeez.

I’d have vacationed in a green light country to avoid that.

Assuming that’s possible
This is my point.

IF he has to quarantine for 10 days then he should have been given his time off but told to take it in a country where he won’t have to quarantine for 10 days.

I’m not against him having a holiday. He deserves one, of course he does.

But having his time off in a country which will likely require a further 10 days in isolation is far from ideal given the season starts in 6 days

This is my point.

IF he has to quarantine for 10 days then he should have been given his time off but told to take it in a country where he won’t have to quarantine for 10 days.

But having his time off in a country which will likely require a further 10 days in isolation is far from ideal given the season starts in 6 days
He's just celebrated his wife's birthday and had his kid baptised. For sure, all that could have been done elsewhere but I don't think it unreasonable that he chose to do it with family and friends. He's also just had his annual charity fundraiser back in his home town. It would appear he has already given up a week of the three weeks off that would normally follow participation in such tournaments as agreed by Fifpro/FIFA.

Whilst we all want what's best for Rangers these guys have a life to live away from football as well. And they are perfectly entitled to that. Two weeks off after the year he has had isn't a lot. I'd say you were being unduly harsh - and blinkered by your blue-tinted specs. The fact he needs to quarantine isn't Alfie's 'fault', its down to our Government (rightly or wrongly).

I hope someone at the club will have done this but if it was me in charge then I would have done the following.
2. Made sure that one room was fitted with the exercise equipment used by the club for fitness training.
3. Installed a TV monitor to allow the Rangers fitness staff to oversee Alfie’s training schedule with live sessions.
5. Ensure that the suite has at least two bedrooms so that Alfie can get sleep and not be constantly woken by the baby as he will need to be up to speed.
It is certainly achievable if thought is put into it and would mean he would return to training in good condition.
I don’t think you would get any of that at the airport Holiday Inn

And what opinion is that?! That I’d prefer that he was with the squad preparing for the season ahead? Aye, ludicrous.

Some sense. My point is simply that not having him with the squad is a problem. Morelos doesn’t pick and choose when he attends training so I’m not criticising him but anyone that thinks Morelos not being with the squad at this point in the season is not a potential problem is on a different planet.
So to clarify, so he's with the squad, yoy think this Rangers employee is to be denied annual leave? Just in terms of lawful contracts etc, this is what you propose?

This is my point.

Is he not allowed to see his family with their grandchild?

That's one of the daftest comments I have ever seen on a football fans forum :))

Section off a part of the training centre and get him moved in. He can use the facilities every day after everyone's left and be better looked after.*

* Only half joking. ;)

Section off a part of the training centre and get him moved in. He can use the facilities every day after everyone's left and be better looked after.*

* Only half joking. ;)
It has to be in an approved quarantine hotel but there really is nothing to stop booking even a whole floor if there is room!!

Back