Morelos or Colak Vs Them

Morelos or Colak

• Morelos

• Colak

Results are only viewable after voting.
If the rumours of his having signed a pre contract with Sevilla are true, will he have the motivation to go out in a blaze of glory for us?

This is a guy who frequently didn’t look like he could be bothered even after signing extensions.

I’m not convinced Colak will cause Celtic enough problems, but I’m just as unconvinced Morelos will either.

We all have our opinions HH, and I respect that.

For what it’s worth, we do judge Morelos to a different standard than Colak & Roofe.

The 3.0 & 4.0 defeats ? Both were non existent.

Do I think this is the end of Morelos with us ? Yes, and probably rightly so, but despite only scoring 3 against them while here, he’s given them a lot of headaches over that time.

We really need to go out and buy a quality striker probably minimum £5 million. But this is Rangers and nothing is ever done the easy way. Players only want to sign after we've qualified for the Champions League.

Alfie was crap in the LC Final, despite his goal. So was Colak for that matter.

I don't think its an easy decision at all. If only we had another option.

What does that have to do with your post? Was Morelos 75% fit and Colak 100% fit?
I certainly don’t think Morelos was anywhere close to 100%.

I would be willing to stake my left nut that Morelos will get the nod, unless he is injured and unable to play.

I certainly don’t think Morelos was anywhere close to 100%.

I would be willing to stake my left nut that Morelos will get the nod, unless he is injured and unable to play.
I think Colak was still returning to full fitness too to be fair to him. I have a hunch he'll go with Colak at the Piggery to see how it goes as a test run for Hampden. I think it's AC's shirt for now.

Colak movement is better, making the team more fluid and dynamic. Alfie will just go toe to toe with Carter Vickers and offer little else.

It's not about the individual, but Alfie playing means the team has to adapt to him

Colak movement is better, making the team more fluid and dynamic. Alfie will just go toe to toe with Carter Vickers and offer little else.

It's not about the individual, but Alfie playing means the team has to adapt to him
We need to adapt the team to suit the player that's been our main striker for 5 years?

Sorry Gazza, I just don’t see evidence that Colak makes the team more fluid.

Unless Morelos starts showing some real form between then and now I think it’s almost certain the manager will stick with a player that will still be in his plans next season.

It will almost certainly be used as a rod to beat Beale with if we fail to win though.

Agree, albeit he’s already made wrong calls in the last two matches with them in my opinion.

Unless Morelos starts showing some real form between then and now I think it’s almost certain the manager will stick with a player that will still be in his plans next season.

It will almost certainly be used as a rod to beat Beale with if we fail to win though.
7 goals and 5 assists including a goal against them in his last game is pretty decent form - Beale said the same it’s not Morelos’ form Beale had the issue with he said he was looking for more energy from him.

I agree if Beale plays Colak at Hampden and doesn’t get a result with Colak not offering much he will get absolutely hammered that’s why I think he will start the Semi Final with his 11 best players - Morelos being 1 of them.

I think Colak was still returning to full fitness too to be fair to him. I have a hunch he'll go with Colak at the Piggery to see how it goes as a test run for Hampden. I think it's AC's shirt for now.
Not so sure, can definitely understand the thinking, Colak was anonymous at the Piggery, he done nothing when he came on at Hampden too.

We need to adapt the team to suit the player that's been our main striker for 5 years?

We do. Alfie plays, it's pretty rigid. Alfie likes to bully you against the main CB then either draws a foul on halfway line, or smashes ball out wide to Tav. High press is left to Kent and Sakala, especially if they have had to swap position and Alfie finds himself out wide.

He has been a great player for us, and scored some great goals for us, but it's all to predictable

Colak is a far better option than the current version of Alfredo and that's what we have to base this on.

Morelos is a pale shadow of his former self and Beale has pretty much said as much.

Morelos is a shadow of his former self, he is not interested.
Last week at Easter Road when the final whistle sounded all the players went over to the fans behind the goal, the players from the bench ran over to the fans and i include Kamara in this, the player a lot of us feel is now done at Ibrox.
One player only walked towards the tunnel, head down. Yes Morelos.
The manager practically told you on Sunday he's not interested.

Morelos is a shadow of his former self, he is not interested.
Last week at Easter Road when the final whistle sounded all the players went over to the fans behind the goal, the players from the bench ran over to the fans and i include Kamara in this, the player a lot of us feel is now done at Ibrox.
One player only walked towards the tunnel, head down. Yes Morelos.
The manager practically told you on Sunday he's not interested.
The manager told you on Sunday he’s not interested? Stop making things up haha

Better at the high press, if he is involved in build up, he burst a gut to get into box for end of play, created and leaves space for others to run into. Been unfortunate not to score more recently

I just don’t see him showing enough when our midfield are in possession Gazza.

We saw it again at the weekend. We never looked as if we could go through them, it was all around the wide areas.

He has a very low number of assists this season which illustrates that. One v St Mirren & maybe one more ?

And let’s be honest, early season, he was VERY clinical, but since his return ? The last three matches he has 2 from 12 attempts on goal if my counting / recollection is right. At Easter Road, he missed 4, 3 of which were genuinely good chances.

Just highlights the lack of options that the gaffer has.
Both options are great, but Alfie would offer more mobility.

TBF to Colak, he got 60 minutes at the piggery when were battered and 15 minutes in the final. Hard to judge him on that.
Don’t worry about the facts! Just parrot what everyone else says like everyone else.

Colak doesn’t do big games. Except his goal against the Belgian Champions and his two goals against PSV that got us into the Champions League.

And Morelos is amazing against Celtic. Except the fact he’s missed about 27 sitters against them in a few years, and has 3 goals in 21 games, only 1 in 18 games outwith the 55 season. 0 assists. Two red cards. But never mind, he’s perfect for games against Celtic.

On form Morelos is our best player.

It is up to management to get Morelos engaged and fit and ready for action.

If he leaves then he leaves but while he is still here he has to be used.

The alternative is to start Sakala through the middle and have the extra man in midfield - Tillman/Arfield.

Don’t worry about the facts! Just parrot what everyone else says like everyone else.

Colak doesn’t do big games. Except his goal against the Belgian Champions and his two goals against PSV that got us into the Champions League.

And Morelos is amazing against Celtic. Except the fact he’s missed about 27 sitters against them in a few years, and has 3 goals in 21 games, only 1 in 18 games outwith the 55 season. 0 assists. Two red cards. But never mind, he’s perfect for games against Celtic.
I think people are judging Colak on more than his performances against them tbf

7 goals and 5 assists including a goal against them in his last game is pretty decent form - Beale said the same it’s not Morelos’ form Beale had the issue with he said he was looking for more energy from him.

I agree if Beale plays Colak at Hampden and doesn’t get a result with Colak not offering much he will get absolutely hammered that’s why I think he will start the Semi Final with his 11 best players - Morelos being 1 of them.
It’s a big call for Beale. A Morelos even close to his best form starts, but he isn’t and evidently not giving the manager enough in training to make him feel he deserves a start.

Now that he’s reportedly penned a pre contract agreement elsewhere there are justifiable concerns that a player who frequently looked like he couldn’t be bothered anyway will have the necessary motivation against a side he’s never really excelled against anyway.

With Roofe out and Sakala too wobbly to lead the line himself Beale may have no choice but to show faith in a player who’ll still be at the club next season.

If he elects to play a half fit, questionably motivated Morelos who looks like he’s heading out the door ahead of Colak, what message does that send to the Croat?

Back